A Portal Scroll Compendium

I agree. Having to find space to store all the different portal scrolls, books etc. puts me off getting more of them. I've got a few which were automatically unlocked like the Arborstone one and a couple of lounge passes (Lily of the Elon which came with PoF Deluxe edition and Armistice Bastion) but I don't even use all of those because I'd have to go to the bank to get them and at that point I may as well just use another method.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Now that they are giving players their 10+ years wish of swimsuit armour, maybe the player wish for teleport scroll consolidation has gotten a higher chance to be fulfilled as well.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I would like such feature, but if we get it, I hope it will be as convenient to use as portal scrolls in the inventory.
I don't want a dialogue windows like we have at the LS tomes. A nested dialogue with all tomes/scrolls would be even worse.

I think the best solution would be a new UI window with clear and sorted teleport destinations, that can be opened with a hotkey.
This way it would be: Open the new UI (instead of the inventory) -> click on the destination. As easy as it is currently.

13 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Now that they are giving players their 10+ years wish of swimsuit armour, maybe the player wish for teleport scroll consolidation has gotten a higher chance to be fulfilled as well.

With the new QoL team they have since Soto (or EoD?) I would say the chances are better than ever.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I agree. Having to find space to store all the different portal scrolls, books etc. puts me off getting more of them. I've got a few which were automatically unlocked like the Arborstone one and a couple of lounge passes (Lily of the Elon which came with PoF Deluxe edition and Armistice Bastion) but I don't even use all of those because I'd have to go to the bank to get them and at that point I may as well just use another method.

The bank? I put them in shared inventory slots so all my toons have access to them. I would like to have a book to collect the ones you get from the gemstore at least. There's a balance that not too many should be in a book because otherwise it would become unwieldy. I would hate to have to flip through pages. 

Ideally I would want to be able to open such books by mouse over and then be able to have a compact listing of locations to select from, but not sure how feasible that is.

Posted (edited)

I can’t imagine it being easy to combine all the teleport scrolls without adding additional windows. At the bare minimum, I imagine 1st click to open the item, 2nd click to select the category (LWS3, LWS4, IBS, towns, lounges, etc.), then 3rd click to access the specific map (or lounge).

Edited by BlueJin.4127
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

The bank? I put them in shared inventory slots so all my toons have access to them.

The two I use go into shared inventory slots, but I have other things I want to put in there so I don't want all the slots filled with passes for locations I don't visit that often.

• Like 2

+10000 for this, which has been requested for years.

Another option would be a new UI button that would allow easy travel to an accounts unlocked points, though this could be programmatically harder than just adding a scroll compendium or "mega tomb".

The financial question for Anet is do they sell enough additional scrolls to make up for the decreased demand in shared inventory slots?  But IMO yes this is needed as every year/new expansion we're probably going to get at least one new scroll.

The Wayfinder Compendium.
Should be it's own interface, no item slot usage, just transfers all unlocked scrolls to a nice menu with every expansion and season.

The itemization of everything in this game really needs a check up, and to be modernized, so much stuff that shouldn't be an item, yet they are. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I asked for something once and it didn't happen so only asking once doesn't seem to dramatically increase the odds of it happening either . . .

As to the topic at hand, I think a compendium for the gem store scrolls is a no brainer, one more gem store item, more gems sold. Ofc I'll also say that I always thought the old lion's arch portal scroll would be a huge moneymaker, then they gave it to us for free and man I NEVER use that thing . . .

And then I'd follow the gem store example for the rest of the scrolls, not to be sold in the gem store but to collect like scrolls, like hubs in one, keep ls seasons separate, etc. To me this provides the best balance of ease of use, utility and keeping storage slots relevant . . .

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Sure, because asking time and again for the same thing ad nauseam works every time.  🙄

people have been after at least spears on land and looks like we're getting that now... a way back to old lions arch...

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I mean it seem to have worked with swimsuits.

3 hours ago, preacher.9370 said:

people have been after at least spears on land and looks like we're getting that now... a way back to old lions arch...

Don't forget about the inspect feature.

• Confused 1

With our recent experience of ANETs ability to create UI/UX, if they did do this they'd make it clunky and borderline unusable. This is the organisation that thought that buying things only singly or in groups of 5 was the perfect way to set up the WV.

I'd be delighted to be proven wrong, but I'm not holding my breath.

• Confused 3