This new system is absolutely trash....fights are one sided

In the past four hours, I’ve encountered only two players on my server. After the reset, there were a few more, but they mostly fell victim to ganking or were killed. Realizing that there was no point in persisting, I decided to stop trying. To reset my participation, I’ve been flipping camps and sentries. If I spot an enemy approaching, I quickly waypoint or even alt-F4 before they can get close enough to engage me. Fortunately, I only need to complete my silver chest, and then I can bid farewell to WvW forever. Clearly, there’s no promising future here. It’s either being stuck on a dead or ineffective team, or getting lucky and joining a team with a ganking guild where you end up fighting thin air—because only a fool would stay and face such odds head-on.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

In the past four hours, I’ve encountered only two players on my server. After the reset, there were a few more, but they mostly fell victim to ganking or were killed. Realizing that there was no point in persisting, I decided to stop trying. To reset my participation, I’ve been flipping camps and sentries. If I spot an enemy approaching, I quickly waypoint or even alt-F4 before they can get close enough to engage me. Fortunately, I only need to complete my silver chest, and then I can bid farewell to WvW forever. Clearly, there’s no promising future here. It’s either being stuck on a dead or ineffective team, or getting lucky and joining a team with a ganking guild where you end up fighting thin air—because only a fool would stay and face such odds head-on.

What you are describing here is not an issue with the teambuilding or matchmaking system. As long there's players like who you don't even try to fight unless outnumbering and getting hardcarried, balanced matchmaking and fights are impossible to achieve.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Zyreva.1078 said:
1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

What you are describing here is not an issue with the teambuilding or matchmaking system. As long there's players like who you don't even try to fight unless outnumbering and getting hardcarried, balanced matchmaking and fights are impossible to achieve.

Imagine if they implemented sPvP system where one team can be 7 premades and other team is often just 5 solos. In addition to this, they would try to match bronze players against diamonds intentionally. Then you proceed to say: "It is player fault, everyone should have queued as 5 solos" 😅

The matchmaking system is failure:

1. 1-up-1-down matches losers against winners converging to good matchups very slowly. Even great matchmaking system would require at least 6 weeks, but we are dealing with 4 and an extremely slow system
  2. There are too many tiers so not enough large groups or commanders for every side
  3. Players in same team don't even speak same language now that french, spanish, german and english servers are mixed up
  4. With only 4 weeks there is no time to train people or even get them to same page regarding builds, roles or communications. So external teambuilding was killed and only internal remains

So biggest issue with restructuring is that after initial weeks it should place winners against winners, and losers against losers, to get data about relative server strength allowing it to converge faster. Placing strongest server against potentially 3rd weakest server after facing potentially 2nd weakest server after facing potentially weakest server, won't ever give you enough data to improve matchups with.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 14
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Riba.3271 said:

Imagine if they implemented sPvP system where one team can be 7 premades and other team is often just 5 solos. In addition to this, they would try to match bronze players against diamonds intentionally. Then you proceed to say: "It is player fault, everyone should have queued as 5 solos" 😅

The entire point of WR is to avoid exactly that. Is it working flawlessly? No.

But no system can produce fair matches and fights, if players only play if they can roflstomp their enemy with superior numbers and aren't even trying to engage if it's somewhat even.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

6 hours ago, Zyreva.1078 said:

But no system can produce fair matches and fights, if players only play if they can roflstomp their enemy with superior numbers and aren't even trying to engage if it's somewhat even.

It's not working at all. It will never work, because it's not a solution to the problems that plague WvW.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1

The people complaining are the people who couldn't get into their over stacked servers and w key. System will take time to be better. If you think old system better then that's player issue

• Like 3
  • Confused 20
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mike.3196 said:

The people complaining are the people who couldn't get into their over stacked servers and w key. System will take time to be better. If you think old system better then that's player issue

Stacked "servers" like this?

https://imgur.com/a/682IV1Y

Ha wait...this is the "new system" there shouldn't be stacked server..hold on

• Like 10
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Mike.3196 said:

I admit my havoc is floating to see what it all looks like. Not sure I agree. I wouldn't be so biased. Just saying. Maybe a less judgmental I would recommend. 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2024 at 12:33 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

Today at stood at Bauer for about an hour and no enemies showed up. I then saw  Mclain being contested so i wp as fast as i could, so did about 15 other players just to run up to the camp and there is nothing there. What ever was there was likely dead and was never to be seen again. This is my evening, every evening, for over 4 weeks now. 

How has your week been?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Arheundel.6451 said:

Stacked "servers" like this?

https://imgur.com/a/682IV1Y

Ha wait...this is the "new system" there shouldn't be stacked server..hold on

System working. Anet have calculated every player skill level and then added more players in lower skilled alliances. That is reason why some alliances have full blob in every map and some can fill one map.
🥸

Edited by Junkpile.7439
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

System working. Anet have calculated every player skill level and then added more players in lower skilled alliances. That is reason why some alliances have full blob in every map and some can fill one map.
🥸

Fun thing, either gw2mists is borked or Lyssa has the highest death count in EU by quite a bit lol (also not even close to the highest kill count).

• Confused 1

You can question their 'skill' level and  organisation, but it's quite clear they have quite a mix of guilds, pugs; clouders, roamers and chatmanders.

So it seems, like they have 10x more active WvW players, than Fortune's vale for instance, but I wonder how many got onto there, by submitting a ticket to anet?

Edited by RisingDawn.5796
  • Like 7

On 7/13/2024 at 2:30 PM, Zyreva.1078 said:

We had a portion of players who would have tried in every way to hinder even a team that prevailed with numbers 4:1 just because they had a ''flag'' to recognize each other, but WR (while proposing to improve the balance, pretending not to see this) completely eliminated it.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Today at stood at Bauer for about an hour and no enemies showed up. I then saw  Mclain being contested so i wp as fast as i could, so did about 15 other players just to run up to the camp and there is nothing there. What ever was there was likely dead and was never to be seen again. This is my evening, every evening, for over 4 weeks now. 

How has your week been?

Playing on MoL definitely sucks, i can see that, but MoL is an outlier, that hopefully will be adressed soon, alongside maybe a couple of other issues too. Just because a new system might still have bugs, doesn't mean the whole system is trash tho.

Also WR can't and isn't supposed to fix everything. For example yesterday i saw people in chat complain about our "dead" server, but when i look at the number of deaths that we managed to rack up in just a couple of days, clearly it's just the players that are dead a lot of the time, not so much the world. And i'm not sure if that's something WR can and should actually fix.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

On 7/15/2024 at 1:33 AM, Leaa.2943 said:

How has your week been?

Your behavior is exactly why nobody want to play against your server. If you get swarmed when trying to take a mere south spawn camp. What is even the point to stay in that borderland. 
You and these 15 players created the issue you're complaining about. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

19 minutes ago, bernstein adelheid.8590 said:

Idk, if you put 99% of players in 1 team and 1% in another, is it really those 99% players fault for playing the game? Are you suggesting 98% players just don't play when the want to play?

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

It's more helpful to press ANet for making changes than asking the player base to change player behaviors. Why don't we blame who actually have the power to make changes, and don't let them go away with doing nothing?

Oh yes, now we got world restructuring. To be clear, it's a good thing to have changes. We just need to press them for making more changes. Blaming players will never get us anywhere.

Edited by godfat.2604
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, bernstein adelheid.8590 said:

Your behavior is exactly why nobody want to play against your server. If you get swarmed when trying to take a mere south spawn camp. What is even the point to stay in that borderland. 

Behaviour? Do you even realise that this is not server problem it is a Arena Net overstacking one server with several alliances, guilds large and small, roaming guilds, havoc guilds, ppt guilds and que on all borders, except red border that noone wants to be on, and where my brain rots every day i log in. I am totally understanding that it is no fun to be up against us. But you also have to understand that it is not fun to be us either. 

As an example i am always loosing my participation, and there nothing to flip, not even sentries. So what i have left to do is walking dollies, except i am on red border so the dollies will take longer to walk then i get participation. Every 30 min or so one or two  enemy guys comes on to the red border. Ask your self what behaviour you would use in this situation. 

I am in WvW to play the WvW i did on Gandara for all this years. Every prime was a nonstop 2 blobs against us. It never ended and i remember being exahausted sometimes but at least we had nonstop action. And now i don't. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

As an example i am always loosing my participation, and there nothing to flip, not even sentries. So what i have left to do is walking dollies, except i am on red border so the dollies will take longer to walk then i get participation. Every 30 min or so one or two  enemy guys comes on to the red border. Ask your self what behaviour you would use in this situation. 

I am in WvW to play the WvW i did on Gandara for all this years. Every prime was a nonstop 2 blobs against us. It never ended and i remember being exahausted sometimes but at least we had nonstop action. And now i don't. 

We know the behaviour in that situation. 

There's a reason the world was called Gankdara.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Leaa.2943 said:

Every 30 min or so one or two  enemy guys comes on to the red border. Ask your self what behaviour you would use in this situation. 

So, the best course of action for you, is to chase and shoo away any player that enter the borderland you're playing in. No wonder you can't find content to do. 
I never had this issue, because i never, in 4000 WvW levels, went to gank south camps. In case of necessity, I always had something to capture back at any point. No matter the hour.
Before you ask, i always go to defend towers and keeps. 

I am in WvW to play the WvW i did on Gandara for all this years. 

My bet was that you were either a gandara, or an underworld player. I was right. 

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2

Behaviour? Do you even realise that this is not server problem it is a Arena Net overstacking one server with several alliances, guilds large and small, roaming guilds, havoc guilds, ppt guilds and que on all borders, except red border that noone wants to be on, and where my brain rots every day i log in. I am totally understanding that it is no fun to be up against us. But you also have to understand that it is not fun to be us either. 

So you cry for no content while you guys kill all content. MoL players atm are like those bullied kids who finally got to power (by numbers).

Dont worry its your time to get shafted by matchmaking at somepoint.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1