This new system is absolutely trash....fights are one sided

My world has the worst k/d ratio on EU and yet neither of the enemy teams feel particulary stacked, not does my team feel inactive or outnumbered all the time. It's mostly the result of very different focus and playstyles and exacerbated by anets "balance" direction. Nothing that WR (or any other match making/team building system) was supposed to/able to "fix".

Based on Score most other EU tiers don't look much different, only T6 looks fairly onesided. NA does look slightly worse overall, but not that terrible either for a first week.

Edited by Zyreva.1078
  • Like 3
  • Confused 5

I'm in EU tier 6, blue team. We got steamrolled all week, all day long. MOL outnumber us, by far. This was my worst experience in WvW ever. Frustrating as we could do nothing vs perma boonblob. MOL was everywhere, all the time. This was so horrible that I'm just wondering if I keep on playing this game (playing since beta). So, some players probably had fun this week. Not us, blue team from last tier. But who cares ? ^^ Surely not Anet... Btw, we got 48 points right now, and red got 264. Such a balanced game. 😑

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Kishijooten.5817 said:

I'm in EU tier 6, blue team. We got steamrolled all week, all day long. MOL outnumber us, by far. This was my worst experience in WvW ever. Frustrating as we could do nothing vs perma boonblob. MOL was everywhere, all the time. This was so horrible that I'm just wondering if I keep on playing this game (playing since beta). So, some players probably had fun this week. Not us, blue team from last tier. But who cares ? ^^ Surely not Anet... Btw, we got 48 points right now, and red got 264. Such a balanced game. 😑

MOL here, we didn't even had voice coms a single time during whole week

Problem is that we, the ebg molds playing 8h a day, with alliance where from 30 online people 30 is sitting in wvw, playing against pve and more casual people. 

There was no coordination, no intentionally boonballing, I'm sorry if it hits your ego lads. 

We didn't had fun, we was looking for a fight, but complained all the time about balance, we should not be playing against you lads, the gap in skill and nolifing is simply too great. U had no chance, neither green nor blue voice blobs had a chance against our clouds. 

Asides that bait condi boonball that bringed 15s skill ques, they managed to vype cloud every 5 attempts in eb. 

It's pretty much same story this match too for us, it's boring, i guess it will take few more matches to get some more balanced matches. 

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 14

4 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

MOL here, we didn't even had voice coms a single time during whole week

Problem is that we, the ebg molds playing 8h a day, with alliance where from 30 online people 30 is sitting in wvw, playing against pve and more casual people. 

There was no coordination, no intentionally boonballing, I'm sorry if it hits your ego lads. 

We didn't had fun, we was looking for a fight, but complained all the time about balance, we should not be playing against you lads, the gap in skill and nolifing is simply too great. U had no chance, neither green nor blue voice blobs had a chance against our clouds. 

Asides that bait condi boonball that bringed 15s skill ques, they managed to vype cloud every 5 attempts in eb. 

It's pretty much same story this match too for us, it's boring, i guess it will take few more matches to get some more balanced matches. 

It’s probably not ego, it’s simply a matter of what would be fun for all concerned. As you mentioned, you didn’t have fun boonball kill farming, and I’m sure the players you farmed didn’t have fun either. If nobody is having fun, that seems like a problem in a game.

There is undoubtedly a difference in skill and experience, but that’s no one is going to “git gud” being farmed. And when they kill some stragglers from the ball who can’t stand up straight without being shoulder-to-shoulder with 30 of their mates that isn’t much fun either.

• Like 5

Funny thing is MoL is probably a t1 world, but they started from the rock bottom and it'll take them 6 weeks to get to T1, only to be reset again. And if it was a regular rotation they wouldn't even get to the tier they belong to. What a wonderful system of mostly playing out of your tier!

31 minutes ago, shrew.3059 said:

If nobody is having fun, that seems like a problem in a game.

Ayup, but anet seems to think everyone is having fun regardless.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Funny thing is MoL is probably a t1 world, but they started from the rock bottom and it'll take them 6 weeks to get to T1, only to be reset again. And if it was a regular rotation they wouldn't even get to the tier they belong to. What a wonderful system of mostly playing out of your tier!

If it was regular rotation, they'd have 8 weeks.  The reduction to 4 weeks was only made recently and before WR.  How again does any of this have to do with "the new system"?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

"I'm not in a guild and when I lose to a guild I cry WAHHHHH"

"WAAAHHH the enemy team has more players online and this has never happened before in the history of WvW WAAAHHHH"

ok seems like WvW is business as usual and nothing has really changed. people are still complaining about the same things they were over 10 years ago, and still not doing anything to improve their gameplay experience at all. honestly, probably the exact same people posting.

it's like when map asks for a tag to fight the enemy, then I hop on FB and no one on my teams wants to play a support and we lose every fight because we have one FB for 30 people. then I tag down and my team goes back to being sad they don't have a tag, and wondering why no one wants to do it. ah, smh some people just can't be helped...

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

On 6/22/2024 at 12:37 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

If it was regular rotation, they'd have 8 weeks.  The reduction to 4 weeks was only made recently and before WR.  How again does any of this have to do with "the new system"?

Because the change to 4 weeks IS the new regular rotation with WR because of the loss of server transfers. To allow players to change teams more often (than once every 8 weeks) Anet mentioned this is why they made the change.

tl;dr: 4 week is normal rotation for WR, that's why it's relevant