Distortion disabled?

Evenge.4067

1 hour ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The bug was perma distortion, somebody gave Anet the exact steps to replicate it.

well there is this reddit post that happened like 1-2h before AN disabled distortion with exact reproduction steps listed out, I think it may be connected to the case ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShadowKatt.6740 said:

Wait, I didn't hear about this. Do we mean Distortion, the F4 shatter, or Distortion the effect? If it's the latter my mirage is screwed because Mirage Cloak IS distortion.

The F4 Shatter for Virtuosos.

I wasnt aware of this in pvp last night. I was getting rekt lol. f4 stomp? nope.
Get away? Nope.

Gave me the error "This content has been temporarily disabled. Please try again later"

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, Kalavier.1097 said:

The bug was perma distortion, somebody gave Anet the exact steps to replicate it.

Yeah, and they did it like 2 years ago (it's an old bug, was already there when distortion shatter was added to virtuoso). Was reported many times over, but nothing happened until someone got fed up and posted a detailed explanation on YT and reddit.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

I wouldn't mind getting a in game mail from anet about game breaking issues like that.

I vaguely recall getting some kind of notification when they disabled weaver while I was playing it - but it was after 10-15 minutes of wondering wtf was going on.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Why hotfix a bug if you can effectively disable an entire spec?

Because it is Mesmer. We must wait a week for our stuff to get fixed while other classes get patched right away?!  At times like this, I remember a very specific statement...

"I don't want Mesmer viable nor optimal in competitive game modes because I don't like fighting it."

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Jojo.6590 said:

Because it is Mesmer. We must wait a week for our stuff to get fixed while other classes get patched right away?!  At times like this, I remember a very specific statement...

"I don't want Mesmer viable nor optimal in competitive game modes because I don't like fighting it."

come off it bro lol

1 hour ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I'm in the middle of a rip & reinstall (ugh) so I can't check for myself...is it only Virt, or did they screw us over across the board?

Just Virt, all game modes.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jojo.6590 said:

They've done similar on Elementalist before in recent memory, nothing to do with bias against Mesmer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Yeah, and they did it like 2 years ago (it's an old bug, was already there when distortion shatter was added to virtuoso). Was reported many times over, but nothing happened until someone got fed up and posted a detailed explanation on YT and reddit.

Put this same comment on the reddit forums and watch you get a 1000 downvotes and a snarky kitten comment from an anet dev  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Put this same comment on the reddit forums and watch you get a 1000 downvotes and a snarky kitten comment from an anet dev  

This comment was made by many people on reddit without downvotes or snarky comments from AN.

• Like 4

I'm gonna ask something very naive here: Is this really a big deal?

I'm not trying to be dismissive; this is me fishing for opinions and data. I am pretty much exclusively an OW player. I dabble in WvW when I need a gift of battle, I never PvP, and I don't Raid/Strike. SO for me, I literally NEVER use F4 Distortion. Ever. I use my F3 shatter if I need just a little extra defiance break and I'm out of CC, and F1 and F2 shatters are my go to depending on whether I'm Power or Condi on that particular build. So I am absolutely not affected by this.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing how many people are affected by this, where, and why.

• Like 1