I'm glad they finally added a Speedboat skin...

Lmao. Seriously, who greenlit this? It doesn't even have an "asura technology" or "jade power source" theme, not even a little bit. Unironically may as well go all in and release cars if you're not gonna care about the setting or its themes anymore. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

I sincerely hate this thing. No jade-tech, no asura/magi tech, no charr engineering. No. A modern speedboat. Are you kidding me, ArenaNet? 😣

This fits GW2 as little as plush mounts. The game has truly turned into a clown circus.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

3 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I sincerely hate this thing. No jade-tech, no asura tech, no charr engineering. No. A modern speedboat. Are you kidding me, ArenaNet? Sell outs.

Then simply don’t buy it. I think it looks cool. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

10 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I sincerely hate this thing. No jade-tech, no asura/magi tech, no charr engineering. No. A modern speedboat. Are you kidding me, ArenaNet? 😣

This fits GW2 as little as plush mounts. The game has truly turned into a clown circus.

Make peace with it, I did. Ultimately it’s a game late in its life. If it means a bit of silly fun is the funding for more life in the game then they can put an Airwolf skyscale skin in for all I care at this point 

People are being entertained and no one is being harmed since it’s easily ignorable

Now, if you will excuse me, I have some slow motion running to do…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

They could make it up to us with a synergestics or an inquest boat.  A charr steam boat belching black smoke from a smokestack and large paddle-wheels on the sides.

I guess we should use this as an opportunity: for each non-Tyrian cosmetic, demand a Tyrian themed counterpart.

This does remind me of the gyrocopter chair and glider. 
In Tyria only the charr seem to have helicopters and those are bulky, bulbous, armored machines.  The elevator system in The White Tree might count, idk.   That gyrocopter resembles nothing that we have seen on Tyria.

Neither the copter nor the speed boat are rune based, plant based, coal powered, or clockwork.  

Would the boat skin have worked with glowing runes attached?  Would an exaggerated wood grain have helped?  Riveted steel plates?  gear boxes?  crudely attaching these elements to a non-Tyrian skin would probably just make it look horrible rather than in theme.

Edited by Zebulous.2934
  • Confused 1

The writing has been on the wall with increasingly immersion breaking skins (legendaries don't count since a handful of them are troll skins). I'm sure if they had the clout, there'd be no artistic integrity to stop them from doing a Marvel collab just like Fortnite and adding outfits and transformation tonics. Maybe a sponsored Pepsi outfit, free for everyone.

• Like 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Player.2475 said:

The writing has been on the wall with increasingly immersion breaking skins (legendaries don't count since a handful of them are troll skins). I'm sure if they had the clout, there'd be no artistic integrity to stop them from doing a Marvel collab just like Fortnite and adding outfits and transformation tonics. Maybe a sponsored Pepsi outfit, free for everyone.

The new expansions cost 25 Euros. Which is nothing these days. That's like 2 days worth of food here and I eat cheap stuff. 

Just enjoy your almost free entertainment while other people pay for it. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The new expansions cost 25 Euros. Which is nothing these days. That's like 2 days worth of food here and I eat cheap stuff. 

Just enjoy your almost free entertainment while other people pay for it. 

I'd also happily pay for this entertainment and support the developers publisher investors, but this is a business, not a charity. Unfortunately neither €25 expansions with €10 worth of rushed, unfinished content nor €20 skins that look like they came straight out of GTA V are what I want to spend money on in a fantasy roleplaying game, whether I am from an impoverished country where €25 puts food on the table for an entire family for a whole week or a privileged rich nation where €25 is the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee. 😛

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

I expect the only people rolling up in their speedboat will be wearing cargo pants - is there a spot in the back for a couple of airheads in the new beachwear to dance around poppin bottles?
If Kormir loved me I'd be able to kill them in OW...

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

35 minutes ago, Obnoxa.6702 said:

I expect the only people rolling up in their speedboat will be wearing cargo pants - is there a spot in the back for a couple of airheads in the new beachwear to dance around poppin bottles?
If Kormir loved me I'd be able to kill them in OW...

It’s funny you should say that, because t shirt cargo shorts is exactly what I dressed my toon in..

• Haha 6

Just now, Randulf.7614 said:

It’s funny you should say that, because t shirt cargo shorts is exactly what I dressed my toon in..

I said what I said 😋

Immersion breaking skins aren't new - they are just getting bigger. /shrug

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Rallicus.8367 said:

Lmao. Seriously, who greenlit this? It doesn't even have an "asura technology" or "jade power source" theme, not even a little bit. Unironically may as well go all in and release cars if you're not gonna care about the setting or its themes anymore. 

what's beach wear without a speed boat?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone still had doubts about the GW3 rumors being true, here's more proof.

Anet clearly stopped caring about immersion, integrity and longevity. It's all about getting some quick bucks before dumping the game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

One thing I've been wanting for a while is a small, plain skiff which doesn't look as battered as the default (I've got the crescent canoe but the light pole can be annoying) and at first I thought this might be a good choice, but I agree it looks too modern. The interior panels, the disconnected rudders and the console kind of hint at asura tech, but the overall impression is of something that would fit in much more in real life than in Tyria. (Also I think it's actually slightly bigger than some existing skiffs, so even ignoring the design it doesn't fit what I'm looking for.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Morvran.8265 said:

If anyone still had doubts about the GW3 rumors being true, here's more proof.

Anet clearly stopped caring about immersion, integrity and longevity. It's all about getting some quick bucks before dumping the game.

ANet stopped caring about these things years ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I won't be getting it not because I don't like it, but because skiff is useless to me. Skimmer handles way better and is faster. It's also breaks immersion a bit, even if it does look nice. As others have said, it would have been better if it had signs of jade or asuran tech. Instead we got something that looks like it came from real life. What's next, a McDonald's chair?

• Confused 3