Please remove Rift Hunts from the WV Dailies

They are pretty fast to do though. (Also combines well with elite kill or break defiance bar task.) But probably annoying when you do not need the essence anymore - chests (from the weekly x/5 if you do 1 for the vault daily) and the essence might stack up unnecessarily then. (Needing extra clicks to use or destroy it.) But yes: Would make sense with JW ... to switch this to event from JW that rewards some of the JW grinder currency. (Probably new stuff you need to grind for the Homesteads I guess.)

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

... once JW is out. Seriously, they are the least fun (IMO).

Then simply don’t do them if you don’t like them. There are three other dailies you can do … 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

I would not miss rift dailies at all.

The least Anet could do is fix the map markers which have been broken since SotS release.  It's just one 'feature' that makes me avoid those maps in general and rift hunting altogether.  I still do not understand why the player base seems to not care about this.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

So much this.  Rifts are super fast, often I get a two in one with killing an elite, and done.  Defending is often not even doable.

Sometimes they're even a three in one.  Rift, kill elite, dodge three times or use three combo skills or loot ten enemies.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

57 minutes ago, Donari.5237 said:

Sometimes they're even a three in one.  Rift, kill elite, dodge three times or use three combo skills or loot ten enemies.

I'll usually do a rift if i have to break a defiance bar

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Some people on this forum really hate playing the game, don't they? If doing an "on demand 2-minute event" is too much, what are we even talking about here?

If you dislike an objective, skip it. That's it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I agree that rifts can be a quick daily, but I'm also in favour of adding new options for dailies, because they can get repetative.

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

If Anet were to remove all things that someone finds "the least fun", there'd be nothing left, cause I'll bet that every single thing in the game has at least one person disliking it.

It wouldn't even be difficult. There's people who hate both WvW and PvP and people who hate PvE - find one of each and the entire game is gone.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

Oh noes, i need to spend 30 seconds doing a trackable event in one of 6 maps whcih i can easily identify by clicking a single button... woe is me

You missed the point: there are activities that are a lot more fun and could replace it, really, and I wouldn't mind if they took longer. Rifts are braindead content.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You missed the point: there are activities that are a lot more fun and could replace it, really, and I wouldn't mind if they took longer. Rifts are braindead content.

What activities? And which other dailies aren't "bd content"? 😄 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What activities? And which other daileis aren't "bd content"? 😄 

I miss jumping puzzles, for instance. Only one weekly, meh.

Also, no need to make fun of someone for not liking certain content. I find the current Dailies to be mostly boring, and in all honesty, if I never have to see another Kryptis again that would be fine with me. 😉

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

I'll usually do a rift if i have to break a defiance bar

See? And I don't consider Rifts content. I like to play actual content when I play the game. I rather go to one of the core Tyrian champions or some Hero Challenge for breakbars. 😉

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

Again with this?   OPTIONAL here is the key word you seem to be missing.  Asking for them to tailor dailies to your liking does not address the fact that anything they put in will always be optional.  If you don't like them, do the other activities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

I miss jumping puzzles, for instance. Only one weekly, meh.

Also, no need to make fun of someone for not liking certain content. I find the current Dailies to be mostly boring, and in all honesty, if I never have to see another Kryptis again that would be fine with me. 😉

Jumping puzzles are in a weekly tab, putting the same task in a daily tab wouldn't make sense, unless we want anet to make a "longer/easier vs shorter/harder jps" distinction (and lock out the portals for them? 😉 ).

I'm not making fun of you here at all. And yes, exactly: most dailies are trivially boring and yet it's interesting to me that you decided to describe the rift event to be "bd content" while majority of the other dailies are even more ridiculous in that aspect. Hence the question I asked, it seemed like a weird descriptor to go for in this particular case.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

It'll almost certainly be the plan. The hate towards rifts from some areas is utterly baffling. They are no worse than any other other battle event in the game.

I get people disliked SoTo and I had my gripes too, but my word ... let it go now. We've moved on. And I'm sure dailies and specials will all be geared towards Janthir Wilds

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

Jumping puzzles are in a weekly tab

Which is what I said.

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

putting the same task in a daily tab wouldn't make sense

They could put the easy ones in the Daily and the harder ones in the Weekly tab. D'uh! 😄

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

And yes, exactly: most dailies are trivially boring and yet it's interesting to me that you decided to describe the rift event to be "bd content" while majority of the other dailies are even more ridiculous in that aspect. Hence the question I asked, it seemed like a weird descriptor to go for in this particular case.

Rift Hunt grinding was the worst content introduction in the entire game. Many people have come to hate Rifts for that fact. It's a psychological thing: you sincerely hate certain content, you don't like to see it in the Daily tab. 😉 Pretty simple.

• Like 1
  • Confused 7

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

And I'm sure dailies and specials will all be geared towards Janthir Wilds

I certainly hope so.

And you are right, of course: Rifts would have been perceived differently had they not been made the main, no, the only activity for grinding Essences. Ask me again after a year or two, I might have overcome my aversion for them by then. 😆

• Confused 6

Just now, Ashantara.8731 said:

I certainly hope so.

And you are right, of course: Rifts would have been perceived differently had they not been made the main, no, the only activity for grinding Essences. Ask me again after a year or two, I might have overcome my aversion for them by then. 😆

They were only the main at the start though and that's really a problem for those who felt the need to grind in order to get legendary armour the very second it patched them in

If they'd waited, they'd be swimming in essences like the rest of us from convergences and casually doing the rift events. People being burnt out shouldn't really blame the content or Anet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Which is what I said.

Ok? Does that change anything about it not making sense for those jumping puzzles being in both daily and weekly tabs or what's supposed to be the issue with my response? I also consider locking portals to them as a significant part of any basis of talking about "making it more interesting" btw. Don't lock portals and it's still nothing more than pressing "f" twice which defeats the whole purpose of what you said about dailies being bd, as far as I'm aware.

They could put the easy ones in the Daily and the harder ones in the Weekly tab. D'uh! 😄

...and remove portals! 😉 But somehow I doubt they'd do any of it since inevitably new "it takes too long, it's too hard, I can't" threads would pop up.

Rift Hunt grinding was the worst content introduction in the entire game. Many people have come to hate Rifts for that fact. It's a psychological thing: you sincerely hate certain content, you don't like to see it in the Daily tab. 😉 Pretty simple.

But we're not talking about any "rift hunt grinding", we're talking about completing single t1 rift here and there which is basically an equivalent of having a spawned-on-demand event anyone should reasonably be able to complete. This has nothing to do with any grind you happen to dislike. Anyways, stop trying to remove anything you dislike (and that's not directed just at you, more at the general type of threads we see here) -if you don't like a daily, it's easy to skip it. You're saying you already do it from time to time, so how is this still supposed to be an issue that needs a removal from the game?

Also I doubt there's any chance the new expansion will come without an addiitonal expansion-specific daily (or a few), so at the very least you should see the rift one less often than now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
a
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3