And it's five, six, seven,
Open up the pearly gates,
Well there ain't no time to wonder why,
Whoopee! we're all gonna die.

Edited by jakob.7210
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

Idk what everybody is fighting for.
But there is a large subset of WvWers begging for WR to be reverted, so we can go back to Linking system and bitching about how bandwagoning is bad.

Oh and ofc, Cele, WB, Harb, Teef, Rangers, Dwnstate chain teleports, Virts abusing F4 Invul for 2+ years while complaining "everybody else gets to be OP!", Terrain hacks from Mes/Teef to get into objectives without bringing the wall down, Boon hacks, Heal hacks, FB being top dog while DH gets to eat kitten, extra complaining about Guardians, extra complaining about DE, extra complaining about boon strips, extra complaining about-.
You know what, Ill let the ppl list the problems, theres a lot.
And a LOT of them are player-made.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

In a "perfect game world", we should be fighting for our "guild", as that one is the new constant with the new system. Sadly, the guild itself gets very little in terms of any "rewards".  Rewards are handed to the individual player, but not the guild. ANet could have taken a look at the Scribing system and Guild Halls again (e.g. for each WxP bracket the guild players reach, you get a scribing discount or can reset the escalating costs on Dugan purchases each week or guild siege purchases).

• Confused 7

1 hour ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Auras!

getting mildly slowed at 1.5k ranged is truly op.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

Idk what everybody is fighting for.
But there is a large subset of WvWers begging for WR to be reverted, so we can go back to Linking system and bitching about how bandwagoning is bad.

Oh and ofc, Cele, WB, Harb, Teef, Rangers, Dwnstate chain teleports, Virts abusing F4 Invul for 2+ years while complaining "everybody else gets to be OP!", Terrain hacks from Mes/Teef to get into objectives without bringing the wall down, Boon hacks, Heal hacks, FB being top dog while DH gets to eat kitten, extra complaining about Guardians, extra complaining about DE, extra complaining about boon strips, extra complaining about-.

i heard this before about bandwagon. but i proved the guy i can join any given server.
all u need is few alt accounts and u can join any server everytime the shuffle happends. u just play one of the accounts untill shuffle then if u ended up in wrong bandwagon server u login other alt and u get to choose a server u just gotta be inactive on other alts.

what anet did now is given out free "transfers" because majority of people i know in WvW have alts. so they all get to free transfer every 6 weeks? or whenever shuffle happends.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, reddie.5861 said:

i heard this before about bandwagon. but i proved the guy i can join any given server.
all u need is few alt accounts and u can join any server everytime the shuffle happends. u just play one of the accounts untill shuffle then if u ended up in wrong bandwagon server u login other alt and u get to choose a server u just gotta be inactive on other alts.

what anet did now is given out free "transfers" because majority of people i know in WvW have alts. so they all get to free transfer every 6 weeks? or whenever shuffle happends.

This completely undermines the "server pride" narrative from ppl who are anti-WR.
Because this just seems like most ppl had no server loyalty whatsoever, as soon as the weather changed, "oh no my server sucks to play on, bye going to alt!".

So is the answer to OP's question just "nobody except our own loot and ego"?.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

Everybody was kung fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing

There were funky Krytan men from funky Liontown
They were chopping them up, they were chopping them down
It's an ancient Krytan art and everybody knew their part
From a feint into a slip and a kicking from the hip

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

This completely undermines the "server pride" narrative from ppl who are anti-WR.
Because this just seems like most ppl had no server loyalty whatsoever, as soon as the weather changed, "oh no my server sucks to play on, bye going to alt!".

Loyalty is a two way street. One may care much about another, but it may not be true the other way around.

And for many, they learned it was a one sided affair.

But sometimes an alliance of convenience does make sense.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

... And a LOT of them are player-made.

Players can only act within the bounds of the game design.

The game designers are responsible for defining those boundaries.

Players will, inevitably, try and find ways to break the game or bend the game to their maximum advantage.

But, outside of actually cheating, the players are only able to do this to the extent that the game's designers allow them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

21 hours ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

No I miss my familiar faces and old server. Still old server pride. Just on vacation now. There is actually more vendetta feel now since you know these servers won't be around so actions early in the matches need to be addressed the week it occurs, so we lose the old server vibes of we will see about next time, since now there isn't a next time. So it amps that up a bit which I was wasn't expecting. Not a fan of being back to the get off the map callouts though. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Everybody was kung fu fighting
Those cats were fast as lightning
In fact, it was a little bit frightening
But they fought with expert timing

There were funky Krytan men from funky Liontown
They were chopping them up, they were chopping them down
It's an ancient Krytan art and everybody knew their part
From a feint into a slip and a kicking from the hip

lol

6 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

No I miss my familiar faces and old server. Still old server pride. Just on vacation now. There is actually more vendetta feel now since you know these servers won't be around so actions early in the matches need to be addressed the week it occurs, so we lose the old server vibes of we will see about next time, since now there isn't a next time. So it amps that up a bit which I was wasn't expecting. Not a fan of being back to the get off the map callouts though. 

I was just trying to be nice and not go with the standard Karen response of 
"so what this post is saying X".

Because it SEEMED like the post was trying to disparage WR, and only just made WR sound better.
And I for sure don't agree that ppl who have alts are the majority, OR that ppl who have alts always like to team hop, because ppl who even bother to make spy accounts but never play these spy accounts, ARE actually loyal to their server and their server alone.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1