Invisible footwear boxes are now around 7,000 gold on the TP. Up almost 100% this patch.

Please give us a way to get these easier. The drop rate is insanely low, and simply not wanting have your boots showing (especially on heavy armor class) shouldn't cost $270usd worth of gold.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

They could just make the swimsuit pants make foot armor disappear in the same way the Rebel Long Boots cover pants. Then the invisible shoes still have value for other things and the swimsuit isn't just an outfit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Thelgar.7214 said:

They could just make the swimsuit pants make foot armor disappear in the same way the Rebel Long Boots cover pants. Then the invisible shoes still have value for other things and the swimsuit isn't just an outfit.

That would work but what if someone wants to use shoes with swimsuit? Then those people would complain.
There is just no fair way arround it unfortunately

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

That would work but what if someone wants to use shoes with swimsuit? Then those people would complain.
There is just no fair way arround it unfortunately

Those people aren't allowed in the pool.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

People wanted to wear their own pants with the long boots too.  Anet has not addressed that desire. 

Even if the swimwear did hide shoes I don't know why Anet would treat that as different from the Rebel long boots replacing legwear.

• Like 2

The set comes with sandals.  There's also the raven ceremonial sandals that you can go with.  I think there's certain weights of tribal armor and sylvari cultural armor that can be used.  

That, or you can hunt the mushrooms.  Would be nice to seen Dragon's Stand just loaded with people again.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

That, or you can hunt the mushrooms.  Would be nice to seen Dragon's Stand just loaded with people again.  

I thought Anet had seen the profitability of swimwear, but it was always just a plot to make Dragon's Stand great again.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I love how literally nothing is one of the most expensive things in the game, and we all just accept this as a perfectly reasonable state of affairs.

Absurdist performance art doesn't come cheap, I guess.

We didn't just accept it we created it.

• Confused 1

bet this is broken. 

in count i have 10800 kills without drop.
Also, in 560 days of farming, I have never seen anyone linking drop after meta in a dragon stand. that’s another 560 days * 50 people * 3(2) tm = 70,000-84,000 drop attempts. It's incredibly stupid to make such items that take up people's gaming time just because someone wants this skin. The last year I haven't been doing anything in the game except killing mushrooms because there's no time left for anything else.

And now I am fundamentally and decisively not going to feed someone with 7k-10k gold. because someone could accidentally knock out their shoes without spending even 10 days. I do not intend to encourage anyone's luck. Thanks anet for actually making me sit on mushrooms and forget about the rest of the content. Your game must have been very interesting. It’s just a pity that I won’t see her soon.

Edited by Arzikin.1076
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

I love how literally nothing is one of the most expensive things in the game, and we all just accept this as a perfectly reasonable state of affairs.

5 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

We didn't just accept it we created it.

It's not nothing and we did not create it. Like everything, demand and supply applies to the environment it exists. ANET created its own environment: a place where each character has armor slots, where each slot provides important stats. You can empty a slot? You can, but you are screwed. Having *nothing* is also part of customization. So having *nothing* while maintaining the stats for the slot is the feature that costs it.

I also find absurd the high price, but that just highlights that the supply is very low and the demand is high in comparison. Having multiple checks to hide various equipment, and ads like last invisible back skin, I find absurd the low supply.

I don't think it's mandatory to give "compensations". If you spent thousands of gold in that skin, it's because you ACCEPTED that you wanted to pay for that in that moment. Something changes later? Not ANET's fault. But I do agree that it would be a good and easy move to just add the checkbox to foot, or BETTER, increase drop drate DRASTICALLY, and give some unique, new skin to everyone that owned that skin before the change. So you reward with something to people that did the farm or spent the gold, something that only THEY will have. But you also fix this nonsense, scarce and artificially created difficulty for something that, according to the context (with lots of checkboxes for other parts) shouldn't be so harsh. Also warn it with time, so people can prepare in advance, like removing them from the shop to add the skin to themselves, or to buy them before the drop rate increases.

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Amazing isn't it. Might as well be a statement for capitalism/consumerism.

Please put any of these on the actual skins like Aurene's weapons.

"As a leader in fashion, Queen Jennah's sense doesn't come cheaply."

"Who knew nothing is actually the most expensive."

"Absurdist performance art doesn't come cheap, I guess."

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

@Maria Murtor.7253

The Charr Council is impressed by your tenacity and destructive impulses to exterminate a race of whimsical Mushrooms that hoards invisible slippers.

One of these days we will send an observer to learn from your greatness. Your Mushroom Assassination techniques will prove useful in our fight against the Separatists. o7

Highly appreciated!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, DarkK.7368 said:

....we did not create it.....the demand is high... If you spent thousands of gold in that skin, it's because you ACCEPTED that you wanted to pay for that in that moment. 

You contradicted yourself. If we choose to create the high demand then we created the situation. Sure supply is part of it, but if no one was willing to pay for the item then it's price would not be high.

• Like 2

I've heard swimsuits were wanted by roleplayers to use on the beach/skiff, so just unequip the shoes and you're good to go? 🤔 

19 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

1. Hide feet toggle.
2. Send everyone who owns invisible feet 10k gold.

Sure, because what we need is a random multiplication of thousands of gold -per item- and a system that suddenly heavily rewards tp speculants 😄 
That might be right about the worst way to go about it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You contradicted yourself. If we choose to create the high demand then we created the situation. Sure supply is part of it, but if no one was willing to pay for the item then it's price would not be high.

Well, technicaly true, but that demand is high because of the game systems. Just I won't entirely blame persons without checking if the environment pushes them to their decisions XD

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I doubt it was the patch though. Or was there anything related to the patch that made people want to buy them more? (Or reducing the drop rate to make the supply smaller.) Muist have been someone that randomly decided to play tha market - just at the day of the patch without a relation to the patch though.

There are other rare things in the game. Not needed to get them and the players decide the price. Would be best though to keep them dropping enough so it stays in the limit of the TP. (To avoid too many people using other means of trading that are not officially supported.)

Or do you think people want to use the invisible shoes with the beach wear that got released? Then the price should "normalize" - well as normal as it can get - once the first people bought all their stuff. The beach thing is limited to gem store users that like to pay a lot of gems for skins with limited use anyway which should be a minority.

There seem to be some jumps in the price recently: Seems like when it is at 9k some people already try to go a bit lower to sell it fast. I guess it is still less bad than for some infusions. Aren't those the onse where it usually is at peak (9999) all the time?

I'm so glad I don't care for bare feet (paws?) on my charr. But I do agree that the situation created with the sparsity of the invisible boots is idiotic. The price is way out of proportion for something that should just be a ingame toggle in the first place. Though I understand why arenanet can't easily do something about this now. It's a hole they dug and its too deep by now. With the high value of the invis boots they can't just add a toggle without compensating the owners of the invis boots. And with the fluctuating price over time, its really difficult to compensate everyone fairly I'd assume.

• Like 1