why do we need a 2nd spear for land?

On 6/27/2024 at 8:21 PM, YtseJam.9784 said:

in what universe does it make any sense to carry 1 spear in my "bag" and not being able to use it in land and under water? like, can't get the land one wet? cant get the one used on land in water to prevent contamination? they are both getting wet if i'm carrying them... why would any adventurer need to carry 2 of the exact same weapon to use 1 in land and 1 in water?

my complain is that after having a legendary spear now i need a 2nd weapon on all my toons or to get another legendary spear.

Yeah, it doesnt make much sense. Just like if you had a thief with dagger/pistol and pistol/dagger you would need 2 daggers and 2 pistols to weapon swap although you could just swap the pistol with the dagger. Just part or the game's mechanics to make you buy legendary weapons.

• Confused 6

Posted (edited)

The Ele still can't use the spear underwater, but then I guess they get 4 times as many skills on land, and Enginner misses out underwater too, so as others said, Land spear and Under water spear are not the same spear's, Its magic;) 

Edited by Rose.2593

18 minutes ago, Rose.2593 said:

The Ele still can't use the spear underwater, but then I guess they get 4 times as many skills on land, and Enginner misses out underwater too, so as others said, Land spear and Under water spear are not the same spear's, Its magic;) 

They cant use spear if it gets wet. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Probably because it takes work to modify the base character equip system to do so, and "grind for thing" is a prevalent mentality when it comes to mmo design.

I wonder how much the workload would've increased if they just decided to use existing class specific aquatic weapons, I guess just animation? They probably didn't want to give a bunch of classes ranged weapons though.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 7:21 PM, YtseJam.9784 said:

in what universe does it make any sense to carry 1 spear in my "bag" and not being able to use it in land and under water? like, can't get the land one wet? cant get the one used on land in water to prevent contamination? they are both getting wet if i'm carrying them... why would any adventurer need to carry 2 of the exact same weapon to use 1 in land and 1 in water?

my complain is that after having a legendary spear now i need a 2nd weapon on all my toons or to get another legendary spear.

Because that's how the game works, one weapon can be used only once per equipment tab. You probably can use the same spear, but you'll need to manually move it between water and land weapon slot.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

My question is this:

say you have Bifrost from the WV and craft Nevermore. Can you then not acquire the skin of Aurene's Insight? How do the dragon variant skins work?

Edit: I do know you can't equip 3 staves at once, nor have 3 in your armory--but can more skins go in wardrobe?

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 3

46 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

My question is this:

say you have Bifrost from the WV and craft Nevermore. Can you then not acquire the skin of Aurene's Insight? How do the dragon variant skins work?

Edit: I do know you can't equip 3 staves at once, nor have 3 in your armory--but can more skins go in wardrobe?

I thought you could have max you can use of each.

Donno why you would make 2 bifrost, 2 nevermore and 2 gen 3 tho.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

My question is this:

The legendary armoury maximum is for each individual weapon, not weapon type. So you could have 2 Bifrosts, 2 Nevermores and 2 Aurene's Insights.

Skins can only be unlocked in the wardrobe once each, but you can have all of them - so the first Bifrost you get will add it to the armoury and unlock the skin in the wardrobe, if you make a second it will also be added to the armoury but won't give you a new skin. (And the dragon variant's for gen 3 weapons are just skins, so they're unlocked in the wardrobe but don't add anything to the armoury.)

Most of the time the 'best' choice is probably to make two different legendaries, so you get a second skin and if you want them to match you can reskin one (or both). But there might be times someone would prefer to make two the same, especially if they find one generation's requirements easier than the others. Also before the armoury was added I never reskinned my legendary weapons, because I didn't like that if I changed them back it'd still say they were transmuted, and now if I reskin them then go back to the original skin I'll reset them rather than reskinning, so I could imagine someone wanting two the same so they don't have to reskin one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/28/2024 at 12:05 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

Forgive me, I may have misundertsood from the FAQ, but can't the legendary spear be used in multiple slots?

"Q: Will there be a new legendary spear?

A: There will be a new legendary spear released with our first major update following the expansion release. Additionally, the Legendary Armory will be expanded to store up to four Kamohoali’i Kotaki in case you want to wield all the spears, all the time!"

Why do you think they mentioned you could be able to use up to four Kamohoali’i Kotaki, instead of using one in four slots?

Yes, it's exactly because one legendary cannot be used in more than one slot at the same time.

(so, yes, you did misunterstand)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2024 at 3:19 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

The legendary armoury maximum is for each individual weapon, not weapon type. So you could have 2 Bifrosts, 2 Nevermores and 2 Aurene's Insights.

thanks so much for clearing that up for me! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I just remembered that the trailer presented the water and land spear as the same weapon!

Except it did not.
It just showed the same skin on both weapons (or the same weapon first on the one, then on the other slot).

The teaser showed the player holding a spear underwater, then blended over to the player having a spear stowed while swiming and then blended over to show the player wielding a spear on land. Three different shots.
The trailer never showed the player using the same weapon underwater and on land at the same time.

• Like 3

Eh... ok... so, wich is it:

Do we have 1 separate  Spear weapon for underwater and 1 separate Spear weapon for Land? (Illogical choice)

Or

Do we have just 1 Spear that switches skill set depending if your underwater or on Land? (logical choice)

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Confused 4

2 minutes ago, Noidea Incognito.9607 said:

Eh... ok... so, wich is it:

Do we have  separate 1 Spear weapon for underwater and separate 1 Spear weapon for Land? (Illogical choice)

We get this, which is very logical for how the game works

• Like 5
  • Confused 1