Charr is the Ultimate

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Iterious.9715 said:

I will kill all charr.

You should absolutely start with ones in DR dressed in only a banana hammock and bigger potioned - I don't often actually say 'eww' when sitting at my pc. Let's just call today's log in...jarring,  and leave it at that.

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

@Mic.1897 I understand Brother, but.....

The Charr Council urges you not to be bully the other races with such a cold hard truth too much. Our heroic demeanor makes them Insecure about their own origins.

And we might still have some use for them. Last month we successfully swapped dressed up Asuras for  Cubs that were kidnapped by Human Separatists. o7

The Horror stories of what those Cubs had to endure with those monsters; they wanted to touch the insides of their tiny soft paws over and over again!

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Mic.1897 said:

I am unable to make a character of any other race.

Charr are the far superior option in Guild Wars 2.

Well then we balance each other out because the only race I can't play is Charr  😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I only have one Charr character.  They are hard to dress and kind of hunchbacked. 

I love charr but yeah, giving them a hunchbacked stoop was a terrible idea. They should have been physically smaller too, it's real hard to believe these guys ever had any problems with humans.

Apart from food intolerances, maybe, "wait is there any human in this? Human makes me gassy."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I love charr but yeah, giving them a hunchbacked stoop was a terrible idea. They should have been physically smaller too, it's real hard to believe these guys ever had any problems with humans.

They had problems with humans because, first, Khan-Ur got assassinated by noone knows who shortly before the onset of the war (and Charr splintered into warring camps), and, second, because humans wielded high magic (they received from their gods), and Charr didn't. Once Charr received their own high magic from Abaddon (via Titans), they immediately started pushing back humans at every front even though humans at this point were still way more organized.

Now, that makes far less sense  after GW2 retcon to magic and the role of the human gods in Tyria, but that's what happens when you retcon stuff without considering all consequences.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I really appreciate the fact that ANet designed the Charr as beastial rather than the cutesy and oddly sexualized cat races seen in other games.  Likewise for the Asura as some other games go full on creepy with their small stature races by making them both childlike and hypersexualized (e.g. Tera Elin).  Thanks for not going that route, ANet!

My latest main is a Charr and I love my look!  The only thing I really dislike are the female Charr voice lines.  Big step down from the Asura female!

• Like 6

On 7/1/2024 at 3:36 PM, Gehenna.3625 said:

Well then we balance each other out because the only race I can't play is Charr  😂

Their movement triggers my motion sickness. I created a charr day 1, but he's been doomed to open the same chest for all of eternity.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1