An easy fix to blobbing.

3 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

I like to see this tested in EotM (also need to add mounts at least to eotm.)

More line effects would go a long way too or even a type of social awkwardness cc skills in them self. You could even add in dmg version as well where the skill it self dose nothing to low dmg to the target but ppl near that target take high dmg (kind of like dragon tooth where it stays on some one but with out doing high dmg to that given target).

Blobs are way too strong and if you don't have similar-ish blob size, you can't do anything against it besides logging off. The main issue is overtuned support (which is result of overtuned abilites that the support needed to be balanced around + balance team devs making incomprehensible decisions like nerfing boon rip on Spellbreaker etc). The balance is not under control at all.

The fix isn't really one thing that devs change and suddenly everything is balanced. Support needs to be nerfed including stability output and boon spam. Then CCs need to be toned down to balance this out and then devs need to look at outlier damaging skills that are too fast/"low effort - high reward" and nerfing them appropriately. How else is this game supposed to be balanced except powercreeping weaker things to be competetive with extreme meta power level?

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, cryorion.9532 said:

Blobs are way too strong and if you don't have similar-ish blob size, you can't do anything against it besides logging off. The main issue is overtuned support (which is result of overtuned abilites that the support needed to be balanced around + balance team devs making incomprehensible decisions like nerfing boon rip on Spellbreaker etc). The balance is not under control at all.

The fix isn't really one thing that devs change and suddenly everything is balanced. Support needs to be nerfed including stability output and boon spam. Then CCs need to be toned down to balance this out and then devs need to look at outlier damaging skills that are too fast/"low effort - high reward" and nerfing them appropriately. How else is this game supposed to be balanced except powercreeping weaker things to be competetive with extreme meta power level?

Everyone but anet seems to acknowledge this at this point. The over stacking of support is so ridiculous in this game, which mind you could be fine, if proper counters were also in a good place.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3

But why do you think anet props up the boonball? Do you think it's bc they're deeply stupid? Or bc they have it in for you personally? Or they want to make sure their game isn't any fun to play? Or could it be bc they want to make wvw noob friendly? Most of the things experienced players want changed would make it more difficult for new players, and I just don't think that's going to happen. So instead of complaining about the boonball and the ktrain and the gank specs I think we're probably going to be better off trying to think of things that might let us play a more engaging game within that context. Which unfortunately as near as I can figure it would involve making changes to smallscale which anet doesn't seem to want to do : /

EDIT: And oh yes I am completely on board with friendly fire week ; p

Edited by Gop.8713
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

The Blob Bomb.  

The more people in close proximity, the more damage they take.  Two people together, barely a tickle. 40 people stacked on top of each other, instant down. 

By this logic, one person would be invulnerable to damage. 

I like it. 

• Like 2

I don't think ANet believes this is a problem... most of the changes made within the last 2 years have promoted large-group/zerg play and removed incentives to play in small havoc groups or roaming... it's to the point where now I rarely see individual roamers at all; they usually travel in packs of 3-5.  The latest update just reinforces this.  I believe ANet wants blobs, massive zergs, and envisions WvW as these huge epic battles where groups run into each other. 
Sadly, strategy and individual play suffers in support of ANet's massive battle vision... as a person who has enjoyed zerg, havoc, and roamer play, I find that roaming play is no longer viable, havoc groups have difficulty doing anything more than taking camps and getting run over by zergs (unless there is no one on the map... then they can just take whatever and never fight anyone) and zergs have to hope there is a similarly-sized group to have a decent fight.
I also don't think this encourages new or casual players to WvW maps, because in order to join these friendly zergs they have to find them.  If they log on and no tag is visible, their experience will probably be getting mobbed by an enemy zerg repeatedly, each time being a quit moment for the game mode... Again, I don't think this is something ANet minds and I believe they relish the idea of large guilds fighting, whether those tags be public or private...
In addition to the server removal, it's because of these changes I am spending less and less time in WvW... down from about 15 hours/week to around 3-5... I am probably the minority, but this trend (which I feel has been obvious for some time) has been saddening to me as someone who enjoyed WvW for more than a decade...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

The Blob Bomb.  

The more people in close proximity, the more damage they take.  Two people together, barely a tickle. 40 people stacked on top of each other, instant down. 

If 40 people is the ceiling, what is the floor? I'd probably avoid even small friendly groups most of the time. 

22 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Despite the trolling, I would love to see a weekend of this.

The friendly fire would be funny. But agree a test period of collision would be interesting. For less impact maybe a Wed-Thurs test.   

4 hours ago, Gobhoblin.7582 said:

Give Arrow Carts boon-strip.

This and Bali. Either add to an existing skill or add a skill 5 and add another point onto the mastery lines. Gives siege more of a role in boon versus anti-boon balance when around objectives. gives players more thing to spend point on. Helps in a number of ways. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Johje Holan.4607 said:

Instadown was a slight exaggeration lol.  Or maybe there could be a Blob Boonrip Bomb too. 

I'm actually not entirely against that train of thought, was just curious about parameters. Exponential numbers on skills or mitigation can be hard to contain in practice. If they ever wanted to try some kind equalizing mechanic for lack of other answers, they could maybe disable or bring down any speed modifiers after a certain number of players in a squad or something tertiary like that.