After losing t3 stuff with no siege in sight, can we get fixes for that?

I feel like these posts at this point are disingenuous and people aren't posting to complain, they're posting to spread information.

This is the second thread in a short bit with this exact video. Like you're bringing attention, but you're basically showing the exploit off too. Yes people could find this on their own on youtube, but then they'd have to do it themselves.

• Confused 16

35 minutes ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

I feel like these posts at this point are disingenuous and people aren't posting to complain, they're posting to spread information.

This is the second thread in a short bit with this exact video. Like you're bringing attention, but you're basically showing the exploit off too. Yes people could find this on their own on youtube, but then they'd have to do it themselves.

There have been several examples where, after streamers have pointed it out, things have been fixed by Anet quite quickly. Pointing out such things seems to be the last resort for some people to get Anet to finally take action. Even though I myself obviously don't want to justify TOS violations in the forum. And maybe some people are seeing such things more often since the WR and are very frustrated because Anet doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, MedievalThings.5417 said:

Just need to remove the shadowstep from sword 2 and cut the vault distance in half = 95% of all exploits vanish.

Or fix the problem with the map and not mess with skills. I play a Specter support template and rely on that Shadowstep for a good deal of healing and other team modifiers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Guess what solution anet will deploy to fix the problem of this thread... 🤔

It would be nice for them to take a look at the actual problem one time in 12 years, but aint nobody got time for that, nerfing defenses, doing whacko scoring changes, and nerfing other "problem skills" like moa into the ground takes more precedence. Only way they will take notice is if you suddenly had boon balls mass using thieves to get into closed objectives.

🤷‍♂️

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Mangoyami.2418 said:

If anet won't fix bugs that have been around for literal years, then at the very least everyone should be on an equal playing field in terms of knowledge and understanding that these bugs exist. I've seen multiple threads on this forum about people cheating and using exploits and seen other users insist that no one cheats or exploits bugs and whatnot.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

There have been several examples where, after streamers have pointed it out, things have been fixed by Anet quite quickly. Pointing out such things seems to be the last resort for some people to get Anet to finally take action. Even though I myself obviously don't want to justify TOS violations in the forum. And maybe some people are seeing such things more often since the WR and are very frustrated because Anet doesn't seem to be doing anything about it.

Anet does not care about this takes, in a matter of fact they love it,  it becomes a issue for them only  when its mass disseminated but before that it is a feature on Anet devs brain I would dare to say like they said to players that can  glitch LoS "its players improving themselves" .

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

If anet won't fix bugs that have been around for literal years, then at the very least everyone should be on an equal playing field in terms of knowledge and understanding that these bugs exist. I've seen multiple threads on this forum about people cheating and using exploits and seen other users insist that no one cheats or exploits bugs and whatnot.

some people also believe earth is flat and they can't understand even when they prove themselves wrong.

• Confused 2

On 8/8/2024 at 5:08 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

I for one support your suggestion to fix this by deleting thief.

Love this suggestion 🙂

However, I think a better solution, and one I've suggested in the past, is to make the Lord and guards inside the objective totally invulnerable if no wall or gate is down.  All Anet would need to do is to use the RI buff but have it tied to walls and gates being downed rather than a timer. In keeps, if an outer wall or gate is down, the guards between outer and inner are no longer invulnerable. Only when an inner gate or wall is down do the Lord and inner guards become vulnerable.

Now, if walls and/or gates WERE down, and defenders repaired both the outer and inner (doubtful they can do that in time), the Lord and inner guards only go invulnerable after 5 min.

This fixes a few issues:

1. Exploiting into the objective as per the video above
  2. Using cheat tools to hit the lord from under the map
  3. Thieves/Mesmers with perma stealth who stay in an objective to port their friends in
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

Pretty much the above. It also helps in giving players who are trying to defend against this more info on spots to scout and check. In an ideal world Anet would have a sub-forum spot where these are posted and then a bounty is paid to the first players IDing if they are fixed. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, misterman.1530 said:

Love this suggestion 🙂

However, I think a better solution, and one I've suggested in the past, is to make the Lord and guards inside the objective totally invulnerable if no wall or gate is down.  All Anet would need to do is to use the RI buff but have it tied to walls and gates being downed rather than a timer. In keeps, if an outer wall or gate is down, the guards between outer and inner are no longer invulnerable. Only when an inner gate or wall is down do the Lord and inner guards become vulnerable.

Now, if walls and/or gates WERE down, and defenders repaired both the outer and inner (doubtful they can do that in time), the Lord and inner guards only go invulnerable after 5 min.

This fixes a few issues:

3. Thieves/Mesmers with perma stealth who stay in an objective to port their friends in

This might work but would prefer that it's the last line in the sand approach. Dislike it when the easiest fix just removes a lot of valid game play in the sake of using the easiest fix. I mean, it might be different if we were seeing one new map per year. But these maps have been around for how long now? 

• Like 2

The solution would be to make all those "teleport" skills work like Lightning Flash instead of Shadow Step or Blink

The important difference:
This skill's "teleport" is mechanically identical to a ground-targeted Shadowstep. Because of this, it is highly subjective to the terrain between the user and the target destination, and it will only work to instantly move to anywhere the user could easily reach by merely walking there without jumping.

Edited by urd.8306
  • Like 3

If you care to watch the video, it should be clear that Mesmer under water "dash" skills, perhaps combined with evade frames are the problem. Or can those  things be done by other dashing forward/backward skills be done, too.
Warclaw jumps + dismounts "at least" give the chance to everyone.
Thieves sword #2, SB#5 and staff are just broken when interacting with the environment (as you can phase though objects and get shifted up on the y-axis and can vault through objects as well, as demonstrated by the jumps on top of gates.
Combining those broken things with professions that can portal other people, it should be a clear sign to work on that problem. But ANet hasn't reacted in years...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Love this suggestion 🙂

This fixes a few issues:

I love this idea. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, urd.8306 said:

The solution would be to make all those "teleport" skills work like Lightning Flash instead of Shadow Step or Blink

The important difference:
This skill's "teleport" is mechanically identical to a ground-targeted Shadowstep. Because of this, it is highly subjective to the terrain between the user and the target destination, and it will only work to instantly move to anywhere the user could easily reach by merely walking there without jumping.

shadow step and blink specifically are ground targeted teleports with pathing requirement, exactly like lightning flash.

ground targeted teleports check for a valid path before activating the skill and prevent activating it if there is none thus cannot be use for the glitch.

however there are skills with predefined teleport destination, that you need to mark in some way before, that can be used out of range and therefor require pathing. however for whatever reason they first activate and try to move the character and then check for valid path, causing the glitch.
there are more requirements needed to cause the glitch tho:

• all those positions where they are using sword 2 in the videos, there is no valid path, you cannot teleport to the spots they first stand on.  because of this activating the teleport back will not be able to get you to your destination.
  • the destination they glitch to has valid pathing, so if you were inside the structure you could lightning flash to that spot.
  • by triggering the teleport midair you are between a spot with pathing and one without so the game sucks you to the closest valid position (there is never a valid path from midair to anywhere, so this mechanic is in place to allow the skills to activate midair) and tries to move you from there, thats when it notices that there is no valid path and leaves you there.

thus what we need is the game to simply never try to shadowstep from mid air, that fixes all the skills involved not just thief sword 2.

the leaping skills need to be fixed with some minor invisible walls - but given RBL keep it looks like adding walls is not so trivial.

mesmer trident on the other hand just rework the entire thing, mesmer in water is very weak - at least it feels that way coming from thief.

2 hours ago, misterman.1530 said:

Let us assume you enter a keep with your group but the enemy caps it, all the walls and gates repair, and you nevertheless manage to defeat the enemy group inside the structure. But now you face invulnerable guards that attack you and you cannot recap it without opening a gate or wall first even though you are already inside?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

lets be honest, anet does not fix it, because it is thieves and mesmers pulling those dumb stunts.

If other classes would do it, it would have been fixed right away.

Mesmers get nerfed practically every patch and cmc obviously hates them, so not so much a class bias, just that anet doesn't care about wvw, and doesn't want to stick developers to fix 12 year old maps, they're too busy making living story and expansion maps. A lot of these things just needs some texture adjustments to block areas and a couple gate replacements, they have fully closed gates dunno why they still have half size gates, and lets not forget a couple cornerstones.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

9 hours ago, Sonderm.4639 said:

Let us assume you enter a keep with your group but the enemy caps it, all the walls and gates repair, and you nevertheless manage to defeat the enemy group inside the structure. But now you face invulnerable guards that attack you and you cannot recap it without opening a gate or wall first even though you are already inside?

Yup. That's what would happen. Time to get out and siege it 🙂

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 8/9/2024 at 5:22 PM, Mangoyami.2418 said:

yes, to get this fixed, got match up where 2 guild perma abuse this and all our t3 stuff is gone fast

• Like 4