Best race in gw2

What is the best race in gw2 ?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best race to play in gw2 according to you ?

• Charr
    • Norn
    • Asura
    • Human female
    • Silvari
    • Tengu

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/21/2024 at 06:07 PM

We all know that race plays an important role in your heroic journey in Tyria. Thus, I wondered which race was the most popular or the most played with. What is the best race, the superior race, the race that YOU like the most in gw2 ??

Answer the poll pls ! Or you are dead tomorrow.

Say why you think that your favorite race is the best.

Furthermore, below you can also state all the arguments, for example, history, appearance, culture... 

It is not serious guys !

17/08/2024

Asura is making an unexpected comeback while tengu digs its grave deeper. Norn is completely outclassed ! Will charr remain the best race ?

21/08/2024

The poll is closed ! 20 people have voted for asura, making for 24.1% of the total sample of 83 people. According to the gw2 forum, asura is by far the best race. Charr comes in close second. Norn is the most hated and least liked race in the gw2 community. Tengu is actually not playable ! Yet it made more than norn !! Last chance to change things, at the end of the day, the poll closes definitely.

Edited by Jor El.5260
  • Confused 1

Science can answer this!

Firstly, we can eliminate Charr as they are the worst race. 

Next we can remove Tengu as they have similar rigs to Charr and are also an animal/human hybrid.

Norn are friends with Charr quite often, so they're out. Asura and Sylvari appear to have no animosity towards Charr, so they sadly have to be eliminated too.

That leaves Human (female or otherwise) who defeated many Charr and thus must be regarded as the best race

Science prevails once more my friends!

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Science can answer this!

Firstly, we can eliminate Charr as they are the worst race. 

Next we can remove Tengu as they have similar rigs to Charr and are also an animal/human hybrid.

Norn are friends with Charr quite often, so they're out. Asura and Sylvari appear to have no animosity towards Charr, so they sadly have to be eliminated too.

That leaves Human (female or otherwise) who defeated many Charr and thus must be regarded as the best race

Science prevails once more my friends!

Why is there a statue of Pyre Fierceshot, grandsire of Kalla Scorchrazor, in the game then and not a statue of Gwen, the Goremonger?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Why is there a statue of Pyre Fierceshot, grandsire of Kalla Scorchrazor, in the game then and not a statue of Gwen, the Goremonger?

A statue erected by charr in charr lands and a nickname given by charr due to their fear. Although he did befriend humans, so even he knew in the end who was better.

Gwen a humble flute player, flower picker and one of humanity’s great heroes, needs nor would want a statue. But she does have her own theme tune and her ancestor went onto be the greatest of all Destiny’s Edge. A man who put his Queen before his Charr friend when it mattered. A hero.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randulf.7614 said:

A statue erected by charr in charr lands and a nickname given by charr due to their fear. Although he did befriend humans, so even he knew in the end who was better.

Gwen a humble flute player, flower picker and one of humanity’s great heroes, needs nor would want a statue. But she does have her own theme tune and her ancestor went onto be the greatest of all Destiny’s Edge. A man who put his Queen before his Charr friend when it mattered. A hero.

"Befriend"? I think you are misinterpreting  I quote": A poor warrior abandons his best weapons". - Pyre Fierceshot 
Humanity was a simple tool to build something bigger, a mere stepping stone on the unity which the Charr society became. Pyre knew what to do: Creating freedom and unity and leading  his people into better a future. Gwen was driven only by vengeance, killing people left and right, innocent or not. As long as her boots were soaked with Charr blood, she had a reason to keep going. What a fine hero humanity praises.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

"Befriend"? I think you are misinterpreting  I quote": A poor warrior abandons his best weapons". - Pyre Fierceshot 
Humanity was a simple tool to build something bigger, a mere stepping stone on the unity which the Charr society became. Pyre knew what to do: Creating freedom and unity and leading  his people into better a future. 

Ah Charr propaganda though. Best not to take it too seriously

2 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

What a fine hero humanity praises.

I agree 🙂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Before Mic arrives, it's worth pointing out that no matter which race people generally like the most, it's clear Charr is the worst one. 😉 

Obviously there's only one correct "meta" answer.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

The Dragon Bash beetle race! Love that one.

...oh, playable race...ah, well, sylvari. 😄 Pretty plant elves with a horrifying secret. What's not to love?

Plus they glow at night. Glowy folks are the best!

BTW, human males are not even worthy of consideration or are they just females in disguise? 🤔

Edited by anninke.7469
BTW

Troll detected: Listing Tengu that are not playable and for humans limiting it to the female ones. 😄

I always go with male chars first - usually only one male char. Since I do not like to belong to the "male players posing as female char" type of players. For diversity and since I played GW2 much more than other MMORPG (making chars for each profession) I have 5 males, 4 females though. Got one for each profession and filled the male ones first.

Made one for each race. Most ugly races came last. So ... only 1 Charr. Other ones are okay but a normal human fits me best.

• Like 1