Nerf Deadeye and Wildbenders

Gnomskii.7423

1 hour ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I'm wondering when there will be class balance, because thieves and wildbenders are so strong that they are very difficult to defeat, I think they need to be equal to everyone, as it was with the warrior

I love how a few days back there was someone whining that Harbingers are so OP they can't kill them with any other build - highlighting WB - and now someone's whining that WB are very hard to kill.. I bet it's a full glass Willbender and OP is getting killed, because they just eat the whole burst without doing anything.. also apparently Deadeyes are OP too.

Did you forget to hit "Submit Topic" on the Deadeye one like 2-3 years ago or something? Either that or all those Thieves didn't get the memo that Deadeye is secretly so strong that they are very difficult to kill.

• Like 4
  • Confused 2

I am not fond of the implementation or even existence of stealth mechanics in this game and similarly find WB's disengage capacity to be annoying considering the rest of its toolkit, but annoyance doesn't equate to a need for a nerf. It just means that I don't enjoy playing against them and so play less if there are a ton of them around at any given point...and so spend less on the game.

• Like 2
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I am not fond of the implementation or even existence of stealth mechanics in this game and similarly find WB's disengage capacity to be annoying considering the rest of its toolkit, but annoyance doesn't equate to a need for a nerf. It just means that I don't enjoy playing against them and so play less if there are a ton of them around at any given point...and so spend less on the game.

I completely agree about the mechanics of stealth

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Gnomskii.7423 said:

I completely agree about the mechanics of stealth

Oddly enough so do I, but given all the non stealth duellist suggestions that the thief community gave ANet ended up being part of revenant, I'd say it's probably best to just get used to it. 

• Like 1

mesmers arent a problem. Stealth it. Stealth should have never been allowed in wvw or pvp. That it is still there is mind boggling.

Willbender is broken beyond repair. Too much damage, too much mobility, too much heal, evade, cleanse, immunity.

It would need a massive nerf of everything to bring it down to par with any other class. Willbender is the final proof that anet has no clue about wvw or pvp. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Dean Calaway.9718 said:

Dog goes "woof"
Cat goes "meow"
Bird goes "tweet"
Mouse goes "squeek"
Cow goes "moo"
Frog goes "croak"
Elephant goes "toot"
Ducks goes "quack"
Fish goes "blub"
MMO Player goes "Every class I can't play is OP and needs a nerf!"

What does the fox say?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

mesmers arent a problem. Stealth it. Stealth should have never been allowed in wvw or pvp. That it is still there is mind boggling.

Willbender is broken beyond repair. Too much damage, too much mobility, too much heal, evade, cleanse, immunity.

It would need a massive nerf of everything to bring it down to par with any other class. Willbender is the final proof that anet has no clue about wvw or pvp. 

What's the build for this invincible Willbender. I wanna grief other players.

• Haha 3

In all games balance is solved with rock-paper-scrissor mechanic.
Now I am sure that you run in players whom you melted with your build, now they should say the same about your class.

Stealth and high movement is indeed  annoying especially when you play less mobile classes but is since GW2 was released so it won't change anytime soon but the good new are that most of the classes have high mobility builds.
In WoW rogues can sit in stealth indefinetely and  in a couple more mmorpgs also.

P.s. the comm from Dean Calaway.9718  by far ithe best I readed lately  on the forums :))

14 hours ago, VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig. said:

It was a joke. Usually mesmers are part of the complaints 😉 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2024 at 11:06 AM, Gerebos.1065 said:

In all games balance is solved with rock-paper-scrissor mechanic.
Now I am sure that you run in players whom you melted with your build, now they should say the same about your class.

Stealth and high movement is indeed  annoying especially when you play less mobile classes but is since GW2 was released so it won't change anytime soon but the good new are that most of the classes have high mobility builds.
In WoW rogues can sit in stealth indefinetely and  in a couple more mmorpgs also.

P.s. the comm from Dean Calaway.9718  by far ithe best I readed lately  on the forums :))

I often run into a deadeye with  who has permanent invisibility and high damage, and no matter how mobile you are, he will still chase you
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

On 8/17/2024 at 12:34 PM, Obnoxa.6702 said:

Pish posh.
I'm out there in wvw on my little DE alt, getting smoked and destroying this myth one tick on the kvd count at the time  😆
Maybe I'm not the only representation, but you need to fear (pardon the pun) my reaper WAY more than my thief - and WBs are laughably killable if you can withstand the burst and spec for some mobility to chase them.
Fave target of my DE actually... so no, you just need to equip the right stuff to hunt those classes more specifically in competitive play.

Self proclaimed terrible thief.

Getting smoked and destroyed.

Claims Willbenders, one of the other top roamers, are easy to beat.

On that same terrible thief, that also happens to be one of the top roaming classes.

Should fear a Harbinger Reaper instead, something that has less mobility, can keep at range, and a Reaper form that is giant tell for incoming burst.

What should I believe.

😏🍿

• Like 2
  • Confused 8

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

Self proclaimed terrible thief.

Getting smoked and destroyed.

Claims Willbenders, one of the other top roamers, are easy to beat.

On that same terrible thief, that also happens to be one of the top roaming classes.

Should fear a Harbinger Reaper instead, something that has less mobility, can keep at range, and a Reaper form that is giant tell for incoming burst.

What should I believe.

😏🍿

It's easy to beat most bad players no matter what they playing, just like any composition cloud can beat most bad blobs. 

The comment about facetanking the willy burst is funny tho, if its good willy u can't facetank it, it's not skill issue or anything like that, it's maths, even on full minstrel bunker build to facetank full power willy burst is not possible, it vents too much pain and pain is too concentrated to facetank, period.

Edit: Whoever instantly put confused emoji now is simply newb. I pitty you. 

These forums I swear... u read here stuff like "I can sustain the power willbender burst with my thief no problem, just facetankit bro" u respond that it's bunch of kittens, and u get 40 confused emojis.

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Confused 5

Edit: Eh nevermind, other posts are... contradictory to the intent of what I initially stated.

Though lowkey most of y'all sound kind of... disingenuous, or just often skillgapped.

DE is probably better at dealing with WB when there's a skill diff than most classes.  Still doesn't change WB being grossly OP.  And Reaper is the ultimate class in stomping people who don't understand when to not stand there and try to fight it.  But yes it's just trash at dealing with smart players because ANet took away all its relative mobility and clever playmaking when they repeat-gutted SR's unique effects and gave everyone way too many answers to its exacerbated/worsened limitations.

Edited by DeceiverX.8361
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2

As a Thief main, no part of me would be sad if they gutted DE, SA, rifle, and stealth in general from the entire game (not just Thief), as long as they give Thief better survivability and sustain options outside of stealth. Stealth in general is an extremely unhealthy addition to any competitive game/gamemode.

Willbender is a completely different problem...just like cele builds and cele as a stat choice in general.

• Confused 3