This expac is omega doomed

It's been two weeks, and I have no reason to go back to Janthir. I've completed all the achievements, tested most of the spears I was interested in, and the new relics are... as underwhelming as always.

This is the first time I'm playing a Guild Wars 2 expansion that doesn't feel like Guild Wars 2. It’s more of a solo RPG now.

Most of the resources have been poured into the homestead, which I don't care about (and you probably won’t either in a month because, like most poor people, you won't be able to afford this content).

The combat system feels like it's in maintenance mode now:

• Where are the new runes?
  • Where is the new food?
  • Where are the new stat combinations?
  • Where are the reworks for dusty features like utilities, runes (the first rework implementation is crap), fishing (I still lose charges when I’m forced to swap maps), fractals/infusions (helloooo!), the reward system in general (aren’t you tired of the game feeling like an incremental game?), and the stat imbalance (3 stats for power vs. 2 stats for condition damage, etc.)?

This expansion is completely lacking in innovation.

In two months, this expansion will feel like Grothmar Valley (at least in Grothmar, the meta event gives you valuable items!).

I remember that Heart of Thorns brought elite specializations, break bars, meta events, raids, a new boon system, a trinity system, 4-stat combination gear, masteries, a NEW CLASS, the guild hall system, fractal reworks, adventures, map bonus rewards... and Path of Fire added mounts, barriers, bounties, and more of what HoT offered. And not just at launch, but with every patch/episode! Everything was on the table, there was a determination to push this game far forward.

Even Secrets of the Obscure changed the rune system, added relics, and revamped the old and putride daily login rewards system. It wasn’t much, but it was something.

Is the future of Open World content really just going to be no meta events or a leech fiesta?

For the first time, I can’t recommend an expansion to my friends. "Come spend all your gold on the homing system instead of making your character progress? UwU"

Do you really think you’ll attract new players with story content when there are so many insane solo RPGs released every month? It makes no sense, GW2 is not competitive in that area.

Two weeks of massive gaslighting isn’t going to change my opinion. The community has never been this quiet for an expansion launch (I’m talking about the small content creators, not the paid ones), and it’s not because of WoW!

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 68

Dunno, I feel like they could've given us a bit more info on what is needed to create the legendary spear but this expansion does bring Homesteading and a revamped mount that opens up new possibilities. Also there are many new skills and skill mechanics introduced with the spear. So that's innovation. It will also bring a new raid wing. You may not care about all of that but then a lot people didn't care much for the relic system.

It sounds more to me that this expansion isn't providing you with what you personally care about and therefore the expansion is doomed. Not very sound reasoning.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

It's been two weeks, and I have no reason to go back to Janthir. I've completed all the achievements, tested most of the spears I was interested in, and the new relics are... as underwhelming as always.

This is the first time I'm playing a Guild Wars 2 expansion that doesn't feel like Guild Wars 2. It’s more of a solo RPG now.

Most of the resources have been poured into the homestead, which I don't care about (and you probably won’t either in a month because, like most poor people, you won't be able to afford this content).

• Where is the new food?
  • Where are the reworks for dusty features like utilities, runes (the first rework implementation is crap), fishing (I still lose charges when I’m forced to swap maps), fractals/infusions (helloooo!), the reward system in general (aren’t you tired of the game feeling like an incremental game?), and the stat imbalance (3 stats for power vs. 2 stats for condition damage, etc.)?

In two months, this expansion will feel like Grothmar Valley (at least in Grothmar, the meta event gives you valuable items!).

I remember that Heart of Thorns brought elite specializations, break bars, meta events, raids, a new boon system, a trinity system, 4-stat combination gear, masteries, a NEW CLASS, the guild hall system, fractal reworks, adventures, map bonus rewards... and Path of Fire added mounts, barriers, bounties, and more of what HoT offered. And not just at launch, but with every patch/episode! Everything was on the table, there was a determination to push this game far forward.

Even Secrets of the Obscure changed the rune system, added relics, and revamped the old and putride daily login rewards system. It wasn’t much, but it was something.

Is the future of Open World content really just going to be no meta events or a leech fiesta?

For the first time, I can’t recommend an expansion to my friends. "Come spend all your gold on the homing system instead of making your character progress? UwU"

Do you really think you’ll attract new players with story content when there are so many insane solo RPGs released every month? It makes no sense, GW2 is not competitive in that area.

Two weeks of massive gaslighting isn’t going to change my opinion. The community has never been this quiet for an expansion launch (I’m talking about the small content creators, not the paid ones), and it’s not because of WoW!

You don't need that much gold to make nice things=> creativity and resourcefullness for homestead building goes a long way !!!!

• Like 4

The expansion has the focus on Homesteads - a thing a lot of people wanted. And I don't think it is good to bloat the combat system with more and mote stas combinatoins and runes and stuff. (Unless they plan to give a system to freely generate own stats combinations.) In the end most people might stay with a few that pro build websites recommend.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:
  • Where is the new food?

Please no. Like non of this is actually useful in MMO older than 10 years.

4 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Please yes. Issue with most changes above is "feedback" from "veteran" players as we saw when they introduced relic system.

4 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Depend what do you see as innovation. Like gliding and mounts can be seen as innovation and it is same for homestead.

It would be good to rework boons, stats and fractal infusions, but it will not bring enough new players and "whales" will be not happy with any change as in any MMO.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Omega" doomed?

Gah, I swear, I'm Gen Z and I don't understand half the slang terms being bandied about today... Why not "alpha" doomed? How about "omicron" doomed? Pi? Theta? Epsilon?? 🤦‍♀️

Anyway. I rather like the slower pace of this expansion. It was advertised as such, and I greatly appreciate the chance to roam around the maps without a sense of impending dread/urgency. (Amnytas is beautiful! ...have fun with a demon invasion. Skywatch Archipelago is fascinating! ...Lhyr and Mabon are yelling at you on comms every time the meta pops up. EoD's Seitung Province looks nice! ...there are pirates every five feet.) Perhaps some of the rewards for events could be adjusted - looking at you, Of Mists and Monsters - but I don't see a problem with the laid-back, go-at-your-own-pace feel.

• Like 6
  • Haha 8
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

• Where is the new food?

I don't agree with everything, but you have some legitimate concerns, although you'll get nowhere speaking critically of an expansion on its home turf just two weeks after release (the copium is strong at this point!).  I expect once people come down a bit and start to evaluate this expansion objectively, more will come to some of the same conclusions you have.  But right now they're having a blast playing on Lowland Shore!  (Glub!) (Glub!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

13 minutes ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Capture.PNG.110f077e155b065e8c55f0d1ed389ab4.PNG

Look at the face of twitch 2 weeks after the launch at 7PM ECT

The expac is already dead

Sure, cherry pick the less popular channels, why don't you? Where's Mukluk, Mightyteapot, Laranity? Their streams get way more viewers.

It's ok, you can be upset all by yourself. No need to drag anyone else into it, just so feel justified to rant here.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure, cherry pick the less popular channels, why don't you? Where's Mukluk, Mightyteapot, Laranity? Their streams get way more viewers.

It's ok, you can be upset all by yourself. No need to drag anyone else into it, just so feel justified to rant here.

They dont stream because no hype, it's the front page. I dont chery pick anything

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1