This expac is omega doomed

Why do people soo much complain about the costs of homestead? I crafted some 20 new deco's i liked today for not a single item i had to buy.

New trees, some wagons and banners, some elonian stuff which i liked. Most of the materials came from gathering homestead and guildhall and doing some events in the game. I upgraded the mill with trading efficiency, soo those materials were 1:1 for elder wood logs. I gather those while waiting for metaevents to pop up. 

I dont want to fill the homestead at once..  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Gaiawolf.8261 said:

At 1:00 p.m. ET? Of course they don't. That's like complaining nobody watches NFL on a Tuesday morning.

Most of the player are not american and most of the content creator are not too.

No content creator at prime time ? Significant

Edited by WhiteSmoke.5926
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 14
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Batel.9206 said:

"Omega" doomed?

Gah, I swear, I'm Gen Z and I don't understand half the slang terms being bandied about today... Why not "alpha" doomed? How about "omicron" doomed? Pi? Theta? Epsilon?? 🤦‍♀️

I feel you.

In this case, I think it derives from "OMG" (Oh my God), or just "the end" (Omega), meaning maximized doom? I don't really care. 😆

In case of doubt, there are online dictionaries that help us understand nonsense like "pog", "UwU", "sus" etc. 😂

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Sure, cherry pick the less popular channels, why don't you? Where's Mukluk, Mightyteapot, Laranity? Their streams get way more viewers.

It's ok, you can be upset all by yourself. No need to drag anyone else into it, just so feel justified to rant here.

Wrong person

Edited by calva.2914

1 hour ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Capture.PNG.110f077e155b065e8c55f0d1ed389ab4.PNG

Look at the face of twitch 2 weeks after the launch at 7PM ECT

The expac is already dead

I feel like GW2 more people just play the game than watch it. As the games main audience is casual, why would they waste their time watching someone else play it when they can just play it. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

It's always the ones that play 25 hours a day that complain that there is nothing to do in the game, not rushing through the content isn't a bad idea.

If you want a game where the latest expansion is the only thing that's relevant there's WoW. It has a lot of viewers on Twitch because apparently that's a good way to gauge the player numbers.. Then again I remember when Valdrakken was practically empty some time ago at 8pm CET while WoW had 40k+ viewers on Twitch..

• Like 15

24 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

It's always the ones that play 25 hours a day that complain that there is nothing to do in the game, not rushing through the content isn't a bad idea.

If you want a game where the latest expansion is the only thing that's relevant there's WoW. It has a lot of viewers on Twitch because apparently that's a good way to gauge the player numbers.. Then again I remember when Valdrakken was practically empty some time ago at 8pm CET while WoW had 40k+ viewers on Twitch..

Dont look only at the number, look how they interact with the expansion, the community and the vibe they give. This kind of thing will never append in Hot, PoF or EoD

Spoiler

22pm1.PNG.93561fc683c7ad60c3db2873ad518840.PNG22pm2.png.9fafe72225db74d11308ebf7a4f0b880.png22pm3.png.6e0e80c6db18223c347c33b9d064ebea.png

This is so obvious that Janthir Wilds is lacking.

14 of 15 first page streamer are not playing Janthir. Insane

Edited by WhiteSmoke.5926
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Dont look only at the number, look how they interact with the expansion, the community and the vibe they give. This kind of thing will never append in Hot, PoF or EoD

Reveal hidden contents

22pm1.PNG.93561fc683c7ad60c3db2873ad518840.PNG22pm2.png.9fafe72225db74d11308ebf7a4f0b880.png22pm3.png.6e0e80c6db18223c347c33b9d064ebea.png

This is so obvious that Janthir Wilds is lacking.

14 of 15 first page streamer are not playing Janthir. Insane

Alright, since you didn't get it the first time:
GW2 isn't only about the latest expansion, if you want a game like that there is WoW, them WoW streamers only stream the latest content.. mainly because there's not much point in playing anything older than the latest expansion, but based on these comments you clearly want a game like that.

When PoF came out there was still a reason to go back and play in HoT, core, LWS3, so on. That's kinda how the game is designed that old content is relevant, that's how GW1 has been as well. New content doesn't invalidate the old one.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Now we are going in a 12 month period with no gameplay feature. (Let's hope the balance patch will shake a little bit the meta)

3 time 1+h of story and 2 map smaller than Syntri.

This is an nuclear winter for the game.

This suposed to be the biggest patch, but it doesn't feel at all like that.

The wake up will be rude

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

"Omega" doomed?

Gah, I swear, I'm Gen Z and I don't understand half the slang terms being bandied about today... Why not "alpha" doomed? How about "omicron" doomed? Pi? Theta? Epsilon?? 🤦‍♀️

I think "omega" is more younger Millennial than Gen Z, but focusing on Twitch views as the relevancy for their point leans more younger Gen Z because everyone older than 30 knows Twitch views (especially with GW2) means nyerk all as an argument for how good something is. Maybe they have a 30-35 year old sibling while they're 18-24 themselves. 🤔

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Now we are going in a 12 month period with no gameplay feature. (Let's hope the balance patch will shake a little bit the meta)

3 time 1+h of story and 2 map smaller than Syntri.

This is an nuclear winter for the game.

This suposed to be the biggest patch, but it doesn't feel at all like that.

The wake up will be rude

Can you send me a link on how to gain access to the future content that is yet to be released? Or you have an insider at Anet? Or you're just pulling all this out of your kitten, because you're salty that you rushed through the current release?

• Like 11

2 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

They dont stream because no hype, it's the front page. I dont chery pick anything

They don't stream every day.I watched a stream by MightyTeapot 3 days ago. And both MightyTeapot and Laranity are streaming as we speak.

You just want JaWi to be doomed because you're not getting what you want. A very mature attitude indeed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

We were due another post from the doom and gloom brigade I guess.

OPs concerns are valid for themselves, but it seems very few other people agree with them. It’s tough being at the far end of the bell curve, maybe the game isn’t for you…

They still got ~2weeks worth of content from a $25 expac (even if we don't count anything to come). I personally think that's good value thesedays. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You just want JaWi to be doomed because you're not getting what you want. A very mature attitude indeed.

I love how there are valid complaints in other threads, heart progression for example and then there's this yelling into the wind that we're not getting more.. runes, food and stats ignoring the roadmap with.. what is being planned for the future releases.
I swear this could be turned into a meme where the crow jumps in front of the proper feedback yelling that the lack of runes and food is going to doom the expansion.

Seems about right

Edited by IAmNotMatthew.1058
  • Like 3
  • Haha 6

I am like 40% done with achievements because I actually did other GW2 content than just farming the new content. Do you know that you have that option?

There is

- PvP

- WvW

- meta events

- world bosses

- crafting

and much more.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Most of the player are not american and most of the content creator are not too.

No content creator at prime time ? Significant

Just let go of this ill-conceived notion that Twitch streaming numbers are in any way a viable means to measure a game's success. They're not. It caters to a specific audience, namely those who don't mind watching people play. As a gamer, I actually prefer to play a game, not watch others play a game. That kitten is boring as kitten. This is not "copium" but simple fact. The people who don't agree with you aren't facing any kind of loss or defeat. They take the long view, aware that the full expansion hasn't released yet so they can't make final judgments (orin your case, just a snap judgment). In fact, you sound more like someone who has lost something than your detractors do. You clearly struggle a lot more with what you feel the game isn't giving you. Like others have already stated, judging from your words you have unrealistic expectations of GW2. Unrealistic in that this game isn't like the games you apparently like. Maybe you should use your copium to deal with disagreement, because you seem to have issues with that.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

27 minutes ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Anet spent thousands of dollars a few weeks ago on Twitch creators to promote the expansion, and you think Twitch is not viable to measure success?

You're also totally delusional.

Delusional would be thinking that a marketing avenue that costs, "thousands," of dollars is a measure of success or route to the same.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, WhiteSmoke.5926 said:

Anet spent thousands of dollars a few weeks ago on Twitch creators to promote the expansion, and you think Twitch is not viable to measure success?

You're also totally delusional.

This is marketing. Marketing is not a measure for success. It's investment in a product to help it become successful. You can market the kitten out of something but the product can still fail regardless.

Basically, this here is what you're saying:

"I don't see billboards for Coca Cola products around every corner. Oh my god, the company is in dire straits! Coca Cola sucks!" 😂

• Thanks 3

This expac is simply another year-long expansion. The spears were a good addition to get different builds flowing, my favorite is definitely the warclaw skills and figuring out everywhere in the game it is the most useful. Homesteads are good if you just want to chill and maybe spruce things up in some spare time. The maps were beautiful, not to mention 2 more map areas coming. New raid wing next release. It’s not the most content ever, but expansions build upon the existing game. There are features that effect the game overall and in some cases make it refreshing to go back to play the old game modes. We’re not talking  HoT where it took years to develop. We’re talking yearly continuous content. To be honest, I feel like we are getting bigger/better features yearly than we did with the living world content.

• Like 5

I'm 2 weeks in. I'm having fun. I haven't done everything. I don't think it's possible unless I spend all my time on the game. And even then, my homestead takes time. 

I'm sorry you're not enjoying it. Maybe you can come to my homestead and help me. I'm very particular and spend a long time to place and size things to my liking, so it would save me some time 😁

• Like 7

So the takes are:
1. Play slowly if you spending 2hours in each fractal level so its like 200 hours of pure content. If you stay afk in janthir hub after prologue instead of playing game then that means there is like A LOT content for later to have fun (probably).

2. Its alright to receive 1 location and wait like 1 years to get next portion of small expac.
3. If you cant prove that next expac gonna be as bad and empty as this one or like soto then it wont happen 100% just try critical thinking mr. hater

• Haha 1
  • Confused 12