Gonna try once to point out what's wrong with Oct 8th balance patch

Trevor Boyer.6524

6 hours ago, NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

I'll answer you on the merit of necro getting buffed, there's only 3 real buffs that are meaningfull the rest is barely doing anything. Those 3 buffs imo should not have happened, I marked them (?)

Necromancer

• Isolate: Reduced the cooldown from 18 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only. Changes nothing since there's already a cd reset
  • Extirpate: This skill no longer inflicts Extirpation and instead inflicts weakness. Actually it's a nerf
  • Rending Claws: Increased the damage coefficient per hit from 0.6 to 0.7 in PvE only. PVE CHANGE
  • Ghastly Claws: Increased the power coefficient per hit from 0.5 to 0.575 in PvE only. PVE CHANGE
  • Unholy Feast: Increased the power coefficient from 2.0 to 2.5 in PvE only. PVE CHANGE
  • Unholy Burst: Increased the power coefficient from 1.0 to 1.5 in PvE only. PVE CHANGE
  • Consume Conditions: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. Small buff since it takes half a day to cast, fallen heavily out favor on any spec except on core necro
  • Signet of the Locust: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP only. Meaningless buff, not used in pvp by anyone, waste of utility slot 
  • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW. No matter the buff, will still not be used. I know, I tried it
  • Dark Pursuit: This skill no longer increases the cooldown of Dark Path. Core shroud buff, are we really complaining about that?
  • Life Transfer: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds. Increased the bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds. Core shroud buff, are we really complaining about that?
  • Tainted Shackles: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds. Core shroud buff, are we really complaining about that?
  • Overflowing Thirst: Increased the life force per strike from 1% to 1.5%. Insignificant buff, changes barely anything at all
  • Unholy Martyr: Increased the life force per condition removed from 3% to 7% in PvP only. It's a reverted nerf, with the difference that in 2017 it consumed 3 condi instead of 2, you still have to deal with pulling 3 random condis from allies which can be potentially deadly. Overall a decent buff, shroud gained goes from 6% to 14% in case it's problematic changes %, ez work. (?)
  • Transfusion: This trait no longer teleports downed allies to the user. This trait no longer increases the cooldown of Garish Pillar in WvW. BIG NERF

Reaper

• Soul Eater: The healing from this trait can now heal the player while they are using Reaper Shroud. Healing while in shroud has reduced effectiveness in PvE. Bad idea, should not be implemented before serious testing (?)
  • Blighter's Boon: Increased the base healing from 103 to 133. Is anybody actually using this over Deathly Chill or Reaper Onslaught?xD

Harbinger

• Blight: Reduced the health percentage decrease from 1.5% to 1% in PvP only. It's a 12% buff to harbinger health, this might actually be a bad idea (?)

Good change to unholy martyr would have been removing the other 3 condis pulled from allies, leaving it to 2 pulled and 2 consumed. Thus removing the punitive side for a trait that doesn't need it.

They did not adjust spear 3 range at all, and extirpate instead of weakness should have had a cast time shave of at least 1/4s.

No reworks on harbinger GM traits which suck except Deathly Haste. Not to mention the weird behavior of harb shroud 3, idk adjust aftercast?

I don't think buffs to core necro are problematic considering it just gets deleted by any spec right now

I've used Blighters Boon before, pretty great self sustain if you build around it.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

This is a Relic of Zakiros built into a baseline mechanic. As good as Loss Aversion is for PvP builds, this is probably taking the cake just for the durability increase alone. 

Just fighting with a dagger/dagger+Hammer and stacking adrenal health is going to get exponentially stronger with these buffs. This is not even taking into account that to the Limit is going to make Relic of Rivers even worse to deal with."

no one worried enough about this

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

Its a shame that this super original Profession needs to rely on RNG to get Lich Form 🤣 so Its not almost useless 

Just to point out getting Lich is actually a nerf , cause it's suicide button, rampage and tornado have allot of CC,  rampage has damage reduction , lich only boosts damage but only at the right time cause you will get jumped the moment it pops .  Engi got kittened over there.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Vancho.8750 said:

Just to point out getting Lich is actually a nerf , cause it's suicide button, rampage and tornado have allot of CC,  rampage has damage reduction , lich only boosts damage but only at the right time cause you will get jumped the moment it pops .  Engi got kittened over there.

I tested it also its no comment

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

And your post looks like a retro time-warp 2014 post from a 16 year old kid.

Look man, it's that they're ignoring the Mes spear. It's one of the top 3 offenders that just needs its spear nerfed. This is ridiculous that they aren't tending to it.

Furthermore, I love how you act like these aren't substantial buffs to the already overperforming power shatter builds:

• Mass Invisibility: Reduced the cooldown from 60 seconds to 50 seconds in PvP only
  • Furious Interruption: Reduced the internal cooldown from 3 seconds to 1 second. Increased the quickness duration from 3 seconds to 4 seconds in PvE and from 2 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP and WvW.

It's not even that dude. It's that they're just completely ignoring the spear, and directly buffing 2 power shatter aspects.

You made this thread, next time don't create generalized statements on what you think is wrong, and you won't get a blanket response, be specific on what you want, and why. You spend more time on the forums than the entire dev team combined, and you're not even getting paid for it. Surely you can do better in terms of getting your point across.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

18 hours ago, Trigr.6481 said:

For mes, hardly anyone uses main hand axe, off hand sword is more dead than the game itself, mirror isn't a meta pick, phantasmal defender isn't a meta pick and so on. Like did you actually read it? If anything you should be happy they're looking at under utilized traits and abilities. This just looks like a typical "my class didn't get as many buffs as other classes, and I'm big mad" reaction. 

Yea everyone complaining about these buffs is a fool. Everything buffed is currently non meta and buffing non meta, seldom ran things will only help the game. The GW2 community is a literal joke. Anet should nuke the PvP community for all its years of toxic garbage. Anet trying to appease the PvP community is like trying to babysit a tyrant child

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Dreddo.9865 said:

I 've already read them. There are no serious buffs as you claim.

If you think they are please tell us how exactly they will affect balance in PvP.

lol what

• Isolate: Reduced the cooldown from 18 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only
  • Consume Conditions: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
  • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dark Pursuit: This skill no longer increases the cooldown of Dark Path
  • Life Transfer: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds. Increased the bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds
  • Tainted Shackles: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
  • Unholy Martyr: Increased the life force per condition removed from 3% to 7% in PvP only
  • Soul Eater: The healing from this trait can now heal the player while they are using Reaper Shroud
  • Blighter's Boon: Increased the base healing from 103 to 133
  • Blight: Reduced the health percentage decrease from 1.5% to 1% in PvP only

ok look:

1. Isolate allows Harb's with spears to function like rev chasing. This does not need to be on a lower CD.
  2. Consume Conditions 30 to 25 is just plainly defense creep.
  3. Despite what people say, Plague Signet is very very powerful. I more often than not use this skill on almost every Necro build I run in pvp. Guarantee you people have been overlooking this skill for a very very long time. Plague going from 25 to 20 is going to result in even more trouble CCing Necros, which is like their only weakness at this point. Buddy when you pair 20s CD Plague, with Wurm & Walk, this becomes very difficult to lock it down. Especially if it's a Reaper that also has 2x sources of Stab.
  4. Dark Pursuit, Life Transfer, Tainted Shackles, Unholy Martyr, this is a very substantial buff to Core Necro functions. Unholy Martyr in particular, this is going from a 9% LF gain to a 21% LF gain. I mean, does Necro need to generate shroud any faster than it already does?
  5. Soul Eater healing while in Reaper Shroud? Just why? Do you not realize how much heal that is when a Reaper spins to win in the middle of a team fight? I mean we're talking 3-4 players on a node + pets & mechs & elementals & minions & w/e. If you can deal probably on average about 15,000 to say 3 targets before leaving reaper shroud, that's like a 2,250 heal, on top of w/e other heal sources it is getting while in shroud, like from Blighter's Boon, or Blood line life steal which already heals while in shroud. I mean.... really? So we are headed into a situation where not only does the shroud shield the Reaper, but now it is also heal reset? Ok.
  6. Blighter's Boon going from 103 to 133, yeah dude these little bonuses start to add up. We're looking at already powerhouse Reaper gaining the heals in-shroud from new Soul Eater, paired with this? I mean we're talking compounding some bull*** together that didn't really matter before, but it will now, like Unholy Sanctuary - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 1% per second at 30,000 health is 300 health per second.
  7. Blight reduce health going from 1.5 to 1.0? So not only are they not tending to the broken ultra tank interaction of Blood Bank with elixir heal & blood life steal stacking, but they're going to enhance its health bar on top of it. Ok.

All of these bonuses stack up. Necro did not need a bunch of buffing. It needed slight nerfing in some areas, or at the least just leave it alone and let other classes catch up.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 4

19 hours ago, Trigr.6481 said:

For mes, hardly anyone uses main hand axe, off hand sword is more dead than the game itself, mirror isn't a meta pick, phantasmal defender isn't a meta pick and so on. Like did you actually read it? If anything you should be happy they're looking at under utilized traits and abilities. This just looks like a typical "my class didn't get as many buffs as other classes, and I'm big mad" reaction. 

"my class didn't get as many buffs as other classes, and I'm big mad"

Trevorposting, classic

EDIT - Lmao, I just saw this:

"Furthermore, I love how you act like these aren't substantial buffs to the already overperforming power shatter builds"

There is literally nothing else to do except to point and laugh

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Isolate allows Harb's with spears to function like rev chasing. This does not need to be on a lower CD.

It doesn't matter since this skill have already a baked in way to reset it's CD. You can already use it every 10 second if you want for what it matter.

11 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Consume Conditions 30 to 25 is just plainly defense creep.

It merely put the healing CD closer to every necromancer's healing skill CD.

14 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Despite what people say, Plague Signet is very very powerful. I more often than not use this skill on almost every Necro build I run in pvp. Guarantee you people have been overlooking this skill for a very very long time. Plague going from 25 to 20 is going to result in even more trouble CCing Necros, which is like their only weakness at this point. Buddy when you pair 20s CD Plague, with Wurm & Walk, this becomes very difficult to lock it down. Especially if it's a Reaper that also has 2x sources of Stab.

It may become difficult to CC lock the necromancer but at the same time you utility lock said necromancer. Look at it from another perspective, you'd laugh at anyone suggesting a ranger taking signet of renewal, "Protect me!" and lightning reflex in a single build but ultimately you're suggesting the same for necromancer and claiming it OP.

20 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Dark Pursuit, Life Transfer, Tainted Shackles, Unholy Martyr, this is a very substantial buff to Core Necro functions.

Please, the core death shroud skillset is the weakest of all shroud skillsets. Even after these (meaningless) changes it will still be a bad skillset.

23 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Unholy Martyr in particular, this is going from a 9% LF gain to a 21% LF gain. I mean, does Necro need to generate shroud any faster than it already does?

You're not wrong here.

34 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Soul Eater healing while in Reaper Shroud?

-Snip-

The shroud can already heal reset if you build properly even if nobody use such build. It's been possible for years and that's never ever been an issue.

Now, I'm not a fan of the healing component of soul eater. Traits that heal for a %age of the damage dealt should have been removed from the game a long time ago. That said, taking Soul eater alongside "tank" or "sustain" traits is a moronic endeavor. Taking Unholy sanctuary or/and Blighter boon is an endeavor that's bound to reduce sensibly your damage output and thus reduce sensibly the healing received by Soul eater.

Ultimately, what you fear don't happen.

Now, if you really want to point out what's wrong with this balance patch, it's simply that every single profession get a lot of buff while the few nerfs are occasional. Yes, powercreep, powercreep everywhere. Was any profession left out? Nope.

If you want to talk about necromancer specifically. Objectively there are tools on the necromancer that need a lot more attention than the one they choose. The priority should go to these tools:

• Death shroud Life blast: Compared to other shroud AA this skill is simply to slow. It just can't compete against other shroud AA since their faster AA allow them to proc the (way to many) traits that affect the shroud AA more often.
  • The vanilla off-hand skills are simply bad. It's actually embarasing that after 12 years they actually are in a worse state than at release of the game (and they weren't good at that time either).
  • Minions' active skills are underused. The only reason wurm's active skill see some use is because necromancer lack movement skills and need every single stunbreaks he can slot in competitive mode.
  • Still on the minion topic, there are to many traits dedicated to these utility skills. Those aren't the necromancer's main mechanic and thus they don't need 4 dedicated traits. 1 trait for them would already be more generous than necessary.
  • Please stop tweaking reaper's trait Soul eater. This trait have been outshining both chilling victory and decimate defense for a long time already. In fact I doubt anyone use anything else than Soul eater. It doesn't need buff, neither direct or indirect. Stop it! The other 2 traits need to be made relevant. Rework them! They need it!
  • Harbinger... (facepalm)... The traitline is awful, the elixirs are bloated. Shave some effects from the elixirs. Heck, remove at least 1 of the 2 elixir traits! For grenth's sake allow other utility skills to provide blight as well so that we aren't stuck using Elixir when playing this grenth awful spec. Forget about the silly dream of making Harbinger a good strike damage spec, in fact, shave some of those strike damage on the shroud and replace those "power" traits by defensive sustain traits (move half of the blight health generation to 1 of those traits).

Those should be the dev's priority when tweaking things on necromancer.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

16 minutes ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

Look at it from another perspective, you'd laugh at anyone suggesting a ranger taking signet of renewal, "Protect me!" and lightning reflex in a single build but ultimately you're suggesting the same for necromancer and claiming it OP.

Most Ranger builds commonly bring: Zephyr, Protect Me, Light Ref. This is 3x convenient stun breaks with lots of other effects tagged onto them. You'd be crazy not to use this lineup. There are only a handful of builds that usually sacrifice Protect Me, to bring a different utility. Sic Em brings Sic Em over Protect Me. Condi Burst will bring Sharp Stone over Protect Me. Some Untamed builds will still bring an Untamed utility over Protect Me. Those 3x utilities even transcend the use of Dolyak Stance for several reasons.

So yeah, when Necro can conveniently bring 3x stun breaks now with extreme low CD between the 3 of them, and two of those being big condi clears and 1 a direct port escape, yeah it'll be OP. How a person would think that's not OP in conjunction with the incoming sustain buffs, it's already present mobility creep, and apparently the new design to allow it to teleport at targets like a Rev, no idea.

It's w/e man. I guess a bunch of direct buffs change nothing right.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Funny how OP acts like he doesn't know why he's pretty much  a confused reaction farm bot.

Oh I know exactly why.

Back when this game still had an extremely large population of actual human players on accounts reading & posting in this forum, anything I'd say would get 50+ upvotes and 10,000 views, inevitably starting a trend of players agreeing and wanting something changed, or just beginning to pay attention to something they hadn't noticed before. Pretty sure this stirred concern amongst certain cliques of people who wanted the community to remain ignorant and docile.

Now that the population is very small, it is very easy for the closed cliques of players who run the alt show, to spam everything I say with confused emojis and respond on various alt accounts with various aggressive responses, to make it look like "everyone thinks trev is dumb" as to cull off the kind of momentum my statements would gain in the past.

I don't know who it is, and quite frankly at this point in 2024 I really don't care. All I know is that what they do is obvious when you take the time to analyze the post rhythms, the types of same grammar/punctuation errors they make, and the shared hyper excessive aggression they have between all these accounts, vs. literally anything I say at all. Whatever the motive is, it is clear that these people do not want me drawing attention to things they don't want attention drawn to. Who could that be? I don't know man, make of it what you want.

All I know is, I'll see other forum users state the exact same things that I would, and they'll get 3 or 4 upvotes and generally no attention for confused spamming. But if I say the same thing as the other guy did, I will quite seriously get 15+ confused faces and a page long worth of very overly aggressive responses to the point that it gets to be weird and ridiculous. I mean we'll get posters/responders who say the stupidest stuff, who clearly don't know the game well at all, but these people get generally ignored. Then I'll say something that isn't just in the ballpark of accurate, but it's like a homerun and nails down exactly what's going on, but I'll get a page worth of hyper aggressive overly insulting blitzkrieg posting, to make sure what I said looks dumb.

Hell, I don't even get aggressive anymore or really argue at all if you haven't noticed. I make a clean statement about balance or what not and just leave it at that. Did no one notice how strange it is that I catch such aggravated assault for posting genuine game feedback? Kind of weird man. Gotta wonder who would care so much about that, and why. And why they haven't learned yet, that sometimes the harder you try to make someone look bad, it actually ends up making them look good in the end.

I'll say no more.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

On 9/18/2024 at 3:17 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

lol what

• Isolate: Reduced the cooldown from 18 seconds to 15 seconds in PvP only
  • Consume Conditions: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
  • Plague Signet: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds in PvP and WvW
  • Dark Pursuit: This skill no longer increases the cooldown of Dark Path
  • Life Transfer: Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 20 seconds. Increased the bleeding duration from 2 seconds to 3 seconds
  • Tainted Shackles: Reduced the cooldown from 30 seconds to 25 seconds
  • Unholy Martyr: Increased the life force per condition removed from 3% to 7% in PvP only
  • Soul Eater: The healing from this trait can now heal the player while they are using Reaper Shroud
  • Blighter's Boon: Increased the base healing from 103 to 133
  • Blight: Reduced the health percentage decrease from 1.5% to 1% in PvP only

ok look:

1. Isolate allows Harb's with spears to function like rev chasing. This does not need to be on a lower CD.
  2. Consume Conditions 30 to 25 is just plainly defense creep.
  3. Despite what people say, Plague Signet is very very powerful. I more often than not use this skill on almost every Necro build I run in pvp. Guarantee you people have been overlooking this skill for a very very long time. Plague going from 25 to 20 is going to result in even more trouble CCing Necros, which is like their only weakness at this point. Buddy when you pair 20s CD Plague, with Wurm & Walk, this becomes very difficult to lock it down. Especially if it's a Reaper that also has 2x sources of Stab.
  4. Dark Pursuit, Life Transfer, Tainted Shackles, Unholy Martyr, this is a very substantial buff to Core Necro functions. Unholy Martyr in particular, this is going from a 9% LF gain to a 21% LF gain. I mean, does Necro need to generate shroud any faster than it already does?
  5. Soul Eater healing while in Reaper Shroud? Just why? Do you not realize how much heal that is when a Reaper spins to win in the middle of a team fight? I mean we're talking 3-4 players on a node + pets & mechs & elementals & minions & w/e. If you can deal probably on average about 15,000 to say 3 targets before leaving reaper shroud, that's like a 2,250 heal, on top of w/e other heal sources it is getting while in shroud, like from Blighter's Boon, or Blood line life steal which already heals while in shroud. I mean.... really? So we are headed into a situation where not only does the shroud shield the Reaper, but now it is also heal reset? Ok.
  6. Blighter's Boon going from 103 to 133, yeah dude these little bonuses start to add up. We're looking at already powerhouse Reaper gaining the heals in-shroud from new Soul Eater, paired with this? I mean we're talking compounding some bull*** together that didn't really matter before, but it will now, like Unholy Sanctuary - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 1% per second at 30,000 health is 300 health per second.
  7. Blight reduce health going from 1.5 to 1.0? So not only are they not tending to the broken ultra tank interaction of Blood Bank with elixir heal & blood life steal stacking, but they're going to enhance its health bar on top of it. Ok.

All of these bonuses stack up. Necro did not need a bunch of buffing. It needed slight nerfing in some areas, or at the least just leave it alone and let other classes catch up.

4) You're wrong. Unholy Martyr goes from 6% life force gain to 14%, at least get the numbers right. It's only 2 condition consumed in pvp. And you still draw 3 pontentially deadly condies from allies. Complaining about core necro shroud buff is ridicolous, it's one of the only skill subsets that since every expansion has never caught up with the rest of the game.

Blighter's Boon will still find no place because reaper onslaught and deathly chill are way better.

Buffs stack all up only in imaginary builds with all trait lines. Try the death magic, blood magic and reaper with blighters boon plague signet and soul eater, sure you are gonna tank like a mad man but try casting something without quickness in shroud and not getting interrupted instantly by any class and actually put out decent dmg.

Sure you might use such build as a sidenoder, but instantly that magical insane heal from soul eater in a single target duel goes all the way down. And would it really be awfull for reaper to get a sidenode build?

Btw I'm not arguing unholy martyr, soul eater and harbinger blight reduction buffs should have happened. Infact for me the only things that necro needed were qol on core shroud and changes on offhand dagger(which got shredded), focus 4 rework, spear 3 range adjusted, harb shroud 3 wonkyness corrected and rework the 2 useless gm trait on harb traitline.

I hope that this hyperbole of yours on how necro received such insane buffs will end up just like your vampiric ritual complain from years ago (vampiric rituals wasn't the problem at all): a nothing burger with void sauce on top

Edited by NecroSummonsMors.7816
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 9/18/2024 at 11:19 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

It may become difficult to CC lock the necromancer but at the same time you utility lock said necromancer. Look at it from another perspective, you'd laugh at anyone suggesting a ranger taking signet of renewal, "Protect me!" and lightning reflex in a single build but ultimately you're suggesting the same for necromancer and claiming it OP.

You wouldn't though. In fact, certain high ranking ranger mains were using this when bunker M/M untamed was running wild.  Because with that you didn't need to take anything but stunbreaks, no other utility matters.  

In fact, that's still largely the case, might sub in...oh yeah Dolyak Stance, which is another stunbreak. 

Utility locking really isn't a good thing, it just promotes bunkers that won't die, do too much damage, and can break/kite out of anything.  Least of all when they have a literal second HP bar.