[POLL] So it's been 3 months...

XenesisII.1540

Are you still enjoying wvw right now?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Are you enjoying the World Restructuring changes?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I have a unique answer.
    • I quit WvW or the game.
  2. 2. Are you enjoying Boon blob combat?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, I have a unique answer.
    • I quit WvW or the game.

Since World Restructuring changes.

It's been over a year since reward upgrades.

It's been a year of defense nerfs, double teaming the weak, and trains over paper objectives are more popular than ever.

Are you still enjoying wvw right now?

My world past couple nights, overrun by double teaming boon balls. Blue looking good as green!

😏🍿

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

My experience with restructuring is largerly mixed. My guild is flying solo so we're at the mercy of the algorithm. We've had some amazing links and some real headscratchers.
As far as the boonball meta i'm bored of it.

Also, not sure what you guys did on moogloo did to stoke the hatred of yolon haven, but maybe don't ? 🤣
Or maybe do, it's been funny watch them abort fighting us to 180 just for ya'll.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, TexZero.7910 said:

My experience with restructuring is largerly mixed. My guild is flying solo so we're at the mercy of the algorithm. We've had some amazing links and some real headscratchers.
As far as the boonball meta i'm bored of it.

Also, not sure what you guys did on moogloo did to stoke the hatred of yolon haven, but maybe don't ? 🤣
Or maybe do, it's been funny watch them abort fighting us to 180 just for ya'll.

We're less of a challenge so easier bags I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Watched Rawr farm Grim 10 times on homebl, then come to ebg to farm pugs. 1 min fights and 10mins afk in between. Some of the most boring kitten times. 🤷‍♂️

And put up with ppt guilds that take 50 to cap empty stuff and run from everything. All keeps are belong to ViP 🤷‍♂️

WvW is such a poor state these days.

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

We're less of a challenge so easier bags I suppose. 🤷‍♂️

Watched Rawr farm Grim 10 times on homebl, then come to ebg to farm pugs. 1 min fights and 10mins afk in between. Some of the most boring kitten times. 🤷‍♂️

And put up with ppt guilds that take 50 to cap empty stuff and run from everything. All keeps are belong to ViP 🤷‍♂️

WvW is such a poor state these days.

Not sure I saw Rawr personally. And 10 times? I am running chill groups while public. Have some ask what is chill. Told them won't ask to try and 1v6. Am floating in the sorts to see what it looks like. Have found some fun fights overtime and still found the power of the pug to be more than expected.

• Confused 1

To the poll, floating to see what is what.

To the boons, trying to get players to cloud less with a tag since they don't know how much boons they might be spamming that might be aiding others. Tag, group, up, no tag cloud.  Both have their uses in this environment. Anet is deciding the rules, us that or counter that as you can.

1. Are you enjoying the World Restructuring changes?

generally yes. i personally had more problems with people not being able to cooperate/organize than anything that is caused by WR and its systems themselves. Adapting to the new system has been very easy for me and my guild (both with and without an "alliance"), but getting people to cooperate within the team has proven more difficult without an alliance-guild (speaking from a non-allied-guild perspective). Especially if teams don´t use publicly accessible platforms like the alliance-discords and/or don´t advertise their own used platforms for public/semi-public squads (which seems to have drastically declined over the past weeks)

population-wise, it´s been mixed. We´ve had equal matchups, we´ve had imbalanced matchups, basically every scenario across the board. Which imo, isn´t that special considering that no matter if WR or not, has always happened and will always happen due to player-behaviour, and is difficult to impossible to mitigate systematically. 

2. Are you enjoying Boon blob combat?

to some extent: yes, but not fully depending on the situation. 

Boon-Blob vs Boon-Blob: absolutely enjoyable. Always has been fun (even in really crappy metas), and probably will always be. Though i could observe that (at least in the teams i´ve been placed in so far) the amount of public tags seems to have reduced since WR went live (including semi-public tags that lead on their alliance-/guild-discords)

guild vs boon-blob: depends on the enemy. We could still win severely outnumbered fights (15vs30+) even in the current meta, but it´s a challenge. Which i´m personally not against, but there´s a "critical mass" where it becomes impossible if the boon-blob isn´t half brain-dead. The problem here lies basically in "WHAT should that point be where fighting outnumbered becomes impossible?"
Though it is yet to be seen what consequences the changes to cele will have, and which comps will be established then. (obligatory mention that meta is not related to world restructuring)

guild vs other guild (open field): since guilds usually quickly adapt to meta-changes and often run similar-ish comps and builds, that experience mostly hasn´t changed at all. We still get to do our surprise-stealth engages, we still get to do our support for a public squad (if present), nothing has changed with WR on that front (why would it, the guilds themselves don´t change, just the teams the guilds are place into)

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

World Restructure has been a success for me. I solo roamed since headstart on a server that swung from mediocrity to absolute trash, so having actual competent teammates feels incredible. Even if a particular server/shard is not amazing, I am assured a new team the next month. It keeps WvW fresh in a way that I haven't experienced in over a decade.

Bloon blobbing is absolutely not a good time. It makes even bottom of the barrel guilds be able to shrug off smaller numbers of better players simply by stacking and mindlessly applying boons. A lot of them are literally just putting cele in every slot.  I'm hoping the cele nerf will force the bad guilds to actually have to do something other than just stack cele, which opens up more opportunities to pick people off.

Edited by H K.4057
A word.
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Not sure I saw Rawr personally. And 10 times? I am running chill groups while public. Have some ask what is chill. Told them won't ask to try and 1v6. Am floating in the sorts to see what it looks like. Have found some fun fights overtime and still found the power of the pug to be more than expected.

It wasn't a full blown rawr raid, hard to keep track now with all the new alt guilds and alliance guilds, and I haven't played much the past 3 months. It was UWU, but there was a Rawr tag so it's the Rawr group for me. And yes they farmed Grim about 10 times around garri and nwt last night, then went to ebg when grim finally left the map and farmed pugs, it's like watching piranhas being fed. Meanwhile Fear was also doing the same thing, capped all the blue keeps then went to ebg to break the blue keep like that's some kinda challenge these days.

Know what's funny before with all the defenses you wouldn't see double teams as much on keeps, but now with the nerfs there's way more double teams happening. People said groups grew because of objectives like T3 keeps that were hard to crack(more like being lazy), but now it's easier and the groups are still the same size, and the other side joins in to side car more often. I've watched two sides hit green keep one sitting on inner stairs to block defenders, while they watched the other group kill and cap lord, then they both leave without touching each other. It's pathetic how bad the 2v1's have become. But hey the devs think every single player in this scenario is somehow having fun, so nothing to see here. 😏🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, H K.4057 said:

World Restructure has been a success for me. I solo roamed since headstart on server that swung from mediocrity to absolute trash, so having actual competent teammates feels incredible. Even if a particular server/shard is not amazing, I am assured a new team the next month. It keeps WvW fresh in a way that I haven't experienced in over a decade.

Bloon blobbing is absolutely not a good time. It makes even bottom of the barrel guilds be able to shrug off smaller numbers of better players simply by stacking and mindlessly applying boons. A lot of them are literally just putting cele in every slot.  I'm hoping the cele nerf will force the bad guilds to actually have to do something other than just stack cele, which opens up more opportunities to pick people off.

All feels the same to me. The only times I felt having competent roaming/pug team mates is either years ago on Mag, or when the gank groups are on your side. 🤷‍♂️

The cele in groups will just convert a couple pieces or fully back to minstrels, there's other things to get concentration from, not really much of a difference for zergs. I like how celestial wasn't a problem for 3 years, but groups start using it to squeeze some more dps and now suddenly it's a "problem". Typical anet. 🙄

In general WR has been a net positive for my experience. Even when the matchups have been less than desirable, I know they wont last long and look forward to the monthly shuffle. The only thing I can genuinely say I dont like is the queues... holy hell, the queues have been ridiculous. The 5th tier thing seemed like a good idea for a bit, but that was apparently too overkill; unfortunately as it stands right now the queues on the weekends during prime are absurd. Moving a 20 man group has been next to impossible, not to mention queue bugs are rampant both in being requeued and somehow 10 people stuck in the same position in the queue.

As for boon blob combat, I don't mind it honestly. The recent changes to balance have really kept people on their toes, adapting all the time, which makes it entertaining. Personally I've adapted to it, but I'm open to the idea of a combat revamp to make combat less bloaty in terms of boons.

Side note, as this comment is slightly tangential, but related to both questions: The one thing I'm hating is the LAG. What the hell is going on with the lag? The past few weeks its been terrible, skills not going off for 10+ seconds (if at all), massive rubberbanding, etc. It's really getting to an unplayable state. Personally, I've gotten to the point that starting this week, I'm not even gonna try to play on reset; there's more enjoyable ways of spending a Friday evening than grinding my teeth to dust as I watch my skills blink and do nothing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, senftube.6081 said:

It is kitten because there is now no point why u fight and doing PPT. Nothing to win, no team and the teams are mostly made of NPC's i do not even know. The Guilds are sitting all in their own DC's and Pug Commanders did go extinct.

Well… I mean… that’s basically spot on how WvW was described even before WR was a thing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Note: I only typed in the first 3 links and told AI to predict the future.

First Link: Misplaced in T1, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, and do nothing else, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Second Link: Misplaced in T1/T2, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Third Link: Misplaced in T1/T2, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Fourth Link: Misplaced in T1, fell to T4. Link is filled with invisible groups that queue during prime time and then disappear, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Fifth Link: Misplaced in T1, immediately dropped to T4. Invisible groups queue the map, appear briefly during prime time, and vanish, so T4 is now their permanent home.

Sixth Link: Started in T1, but fell straight to T4. Invisible groups dominate, showing up only during prime time and disappearing afterward, ensuring an inevitable descent to T4.

Seventh Link: Was briefly in T1, now fallen to T4. Invisible groups only log on during prime time, vanishing after a brief appearance, making a fall to T4 inevitable.

Eighth Link: Originally placed in T1, promptly dropped to T4. Invisible groups queue the map for prime time, and then vanish, so the descent to T4 couldn't be stopped.

Ninth Link: Supposedly a T1 contender, now languishing in T4. Invisible groups queue during prime time, disappear, and T4 is the only outcome.

Tenth Link: Once part of T1, now forever in T4. Invisible groups log on during prime time, queue the map, then disappear, making T4 an inescapable fate.

But to be fair it was like that before alliances too. Problem is most alliances do not recruit anything but blobbers-- no havoc, no scouts, no roamers, and thus their entire server will be affected. Although I don't really consider this to be a flaw of alliances, but of the consistently poor judgement organized WvWers have displayed over the past decade. Anet, no longer willing to throw 8 darts a month to decide links, outsourced it to the community thinking, gw2 players would be smarter than darts. They were wrong, and nobody cared.

As for boon ball play; that's not even worth mentioning; you should know the drill.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2

24 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Note: I only typed in the first 3 links and told AI to predict the future.

First Link: Misplaced in T1, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, and do nothing else, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Second Link: Misplaced in T1/T2, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Third Link: Misplaced in T1/T2, fell to T4. Link is dominated by invisible groups that queue a map, only log on during prime time, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Fourth Link: Misplaced in T1, fell to T4. Link is filled with invisible groups that queue during prime time and then disappear, so falling to T4 is inevitable.

Fifth Link: Misplaced in T1, immediately dropped to T4. Invisible groups queue the map, appear briefly during prime time, and vanish, so T4 is now their permanent home.

Sixth Link: Started in T1, but fell straight to T4. Invisible groups dominate, showing up only during prime time and disappearing afterward, ensuring an inevitable descent to T4.

Seventh Link: Was briefly in T1, now fallen to T4. Invisible groups only log on during prime time, vanishing after a brief appearance, making a fall to T4 inevitable.

Eighth Link: Originally placed in T1, promptly dropped to T4. Invisible groups queue the map for prime time, and then vanish, so the descent to T4 couldn't be stopped.

Ninth Link: Supposedly a T1 contender, now languishing in T4. Invisible groups queue during prime time, disappear, and T4 is the only outcome.

Tenth Link: Once part of T1, now forever in T4. Invisible groups log on during prime time, queue the map, then disappear, making T4 an inescapable fate.

But to be fair it was like that before alliances too. Problem is most alliances do not recruit anything but blobbers-- no havoc, no scouts, no roamers, and thus their entire server will be affected. Although I don't really consider this to be a flaw of alliances, but of the consistently poor judgement organized WvWers have displayed over the past decade. Anet, no longer willing to throw 8 darts a month to decide links, outsourced it to the community thinking, gw2 players would be smarter than darts. They were wrong, and nobody cared.

As for boon ball play; that's not even worth mentioning; you should know the drill.

So if all teams are in T4 from the start and can’t move up or down then we have solved the problem?!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So if all teams are in T4 from the start and can’t move up or down then we have solved the problem?!

You know,  for many it'd solve the problem lol. f relinks were longer.

Problem is in the current system  that it gets undone every month. So you get 2 weeks of things being sorted out, and then maybe 1-2 usable matchups if we're lucky.

Edit: If I wasn't clear enough, I meant 1up/1down isn't really workng that great atm.

4 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

You know,  for many it'd solve the problem lol. f relinks were longer.

Problem is in the current system  that it gets undone every month. So you get 2 weeks of things being sorted out, and then maybe 1-2 usable matchups if we're lucky.

I’m still in favor of glicko and getting more/less points based on performance vs other teams in the matchup (ie possibility to change several tiers) but at the same time if people say it mean nothing anymore because of the way teams are formed then there’s little point to change the tiers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

I’m still in favor of glicko and getting more/less points based on performance vs other teams in the matchup (ie possibility to change several tiers) but at the same time if people say it mean nothing anymore because of the way teams are formed then there’s little point to change the tiers.

Yea glicko may work better but I have no idea how it'd work now. In the end we are just trying to measure activity, though yes if nobody cared we'd get your scenario where everyone should be in t4. But hey, balance!  That really could work.  Dropping faster (say more than 1 tier) would help too.

People still PPT though, and ideally over in NA there was an effort to seperate that kind of stuff into fight tiers and ppt tiers,; however in practice it resulted in people all stacking the same server because that's just what happens when you try to self-reorganized the teams-- gotta do it in your favor!

Just time to do away with points and tiers tbh, and move to random matches, two sets of separate worlds (fighters, casual/ppt), and objective bonuses/rewards to fight over. Yeah I know, people don't like the first match right after a relink or wr, but let's be real, it doesn't really matter, most servers/worlds spend a lot of weeks not playing in their tier and then it gets reshuffled too soon anyways. People aren't really ppting in the sense of trying to win the match, they're just looking for npc loot bags. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Found roaming to be a bit more fun, as there tends to be more enemy players around to fight.  There are also more allies to run into and people that respond to callouts. 

I do zerg content with my WvW guild and it's been good.  Though my guild setup with a nice alliance that has worked out well. 

As far as enjoying "Boon Blobbing" combat, that's all Zerg v Zerg in GW2 has been for years...  A group running together for maximum boons/support and pin point damage.  *Shrug* I have no hate for the current Zerg v Zerg as its similar to what Zerg combat has almost always been like.

Overall I'm still enjoying WvW~

Edited by Sonork.2916
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I haven't been following the restructuring that closely.  I WvW mostly because it is easy dailies, and it provides a means of income while I clear out my bank.  What I did notice, though, is that roaming has gotten significantly harder since then.  I think my assigned group keeps winning and moving up the ranks, which in turn causes the quality of player to increase.  Players are far better at reading spaces, dodging abilities, etc, and that has made it far more difficult to kill daily kills or objectives.

As far as boon ball goes, I generally don't enjoy it.  That's why I prefer roaming.  I have a tempest boon build that I could use to spam auras for all of my teammates, but honestly I prefer to run Staff Power builds and wreak some havoc with lightning rod + meteor shower.  It's a shame how rare that is nowadays.  

13 hours ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

It wasn't a full blown rawr raid, hard to keep track now with all the new alt guilds and alliance guilds, and I haven't played much the past 3 months. It was UWU, but there was a Rawr tag so it's the Rawr group for me. And yes they farmed Grim about 10 times around garri and nwt last night, then went to ebg when grim finally left the map and farmed pugs, it's like watching piranhas being fed. Meanwhile Fear was also doing the same thing, capped all the blue keeps then went to ebg to break the blue keep like that's some kinda challenge these days.

Taking 10 attempts at a structure? Sorry my friend, I do sup drain runs when running chill tags. They are welcome to join me when not running chill and we will try havoc versus bad ideas, aka not chill runs. If running havoc or roaming all good to decoy a large group with less than 6. 😉 Sorry wasn't tag there unless this was some defense. 

As a pug you need to get to used to what you fight. The WR helps with that. You need to watch, wait and ID. This is very close to Roamer and Havoc play except you need to understand your group comp may be much further mixed. So you need to adjust based on that. The idea that there is no boon spam outside a group, well I have found that not to be true. The boon bleed is a thing lol. So to pug groups as I have seen over three sorts, group when needed, split and take as you go to make their blobs run around. If they blob up, split up and take everything else as they zerg down a structure of you don't have options.

• Confused 1