Return to the Eye of the North

Crab Fear.1624

I enjoyed Eye of the North(EotN) quite a bit, but I understand that this is essentially a different game with its own "soul". I do however wish to see Eye of the North restored. If the Norn can return to their homelands, how about a season where the problem is not so much a dragon problem but an environmental problem, where the goals of the story are to restore EotN and discover some missing lore.Maybe bring back the hall of monuments so players can display their unlocks, achievements, and gear. Maybe instead of HoM, make it player housing for those wishing to homestead in the tundra.

So far, outside of fractals and story instances, they never released the same map twice. There allready is an EotN map. Maps in GW2 are generally 'frozen in time'. There are exceptions to this rule, but I can't imagine a way it makes sense to have the EotN and the HoM released in a future living world or expansion combined with the current function.

I do hope they will go into the far shiverpeaks one day. So far however I do not believe we will anytime soon. It is Jormags place and he is sleeping.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@Burnfall.9573 said:Can we please keep any element of Guild Wars away from this game? Gw2 is not the successor so why pretend that it is? Taking something precious and beautiful and putting it into something toxic isn't being smart at all.

In other word; don't dishonor Guild Wars name for toxicity.

Your opinion of PoF: go!

mounts and skins add-on.

Pof= Gem Store Revenue Increase

I wish they would sneak in a map change for Eye of the North as sort of an Easter egg. Change it from an instance to a real PvE map then make players have to work to get out of the building. Maybe with a mount and/or a jumping puzzle. Eye of the North with it's portal would be the ideal way for players to enter Jormag's stronghold as a current event that runs parallel to LWS4.

Would enjoy much EotN, however, we already have many snowy areas so that I am not longing for it. I would prefer to return first to the Jade Sea, Kurzick Forest and generally Cantha. For now, this is entirely missing as is now, and it would be nice to complete the variety of existing areas with Cantha world. :)

@Burnfall.9573 said:Can we please keep any element of Guild Wars away from this game? Gw2 is not the successorBy definition, GW2 is the successor of GW1. You might dislike it. You might think it unworthy, but that doesn't make it less of a successor (and a more successful one at that).

@Burnfall.9573 said:so why pretend that it is?Because it is actually the successor. To pretend otherwise is to discount the reality that ANet made both games, using lots of the same people who made the GW1 you purport to love.

Taking something precious and beautiful and putting it into something toxic isn't being smart at all.GW2 isn't remotely toxic. There are toxic players, to be sure, as there were in GW1 and many other games. That doesn't make the game itself toxic. The GW2 devs have done remarkable work to make the PvE part of the game as cooperative as possible.

@Burnfall.9573 said:In other word; don't dishonor Guild Wars name for toxicity.

Or you could honor the GW name by respecting the decisions of the devs. And respecting the OP's question, rather than hijacking the thread to promote an anti-GW2 philosophy.

I voted yes because I'd like to return to the areas added in the Eye of the North expansion to the original Guild Wars. Unfortunately, I rushed through the area just to complete things for the Hall of Monuments before the beta, so I don't really remember much of it. Returning to the outpost itself isn't that important to me and solving environmental problems just sounds kind of tedious. I'd rather just go for the sake of exploration, but I imagine we'd need to use Jormag as an excuse. Elder dragons are great for my frequent flyer miles.On the other hand, I imagine they might want to save the Eye of the North for a theoretical Guild Wars 3. I doubt that would be anytime soon, though, so I'd prefer if we go sooner.

@Silmariena.6205 said:yes, but Cantha should be first :>

@Lord Urun.8465 said:Cantha first, GW:EN came later, so should wait it's turn. (But I we can visit the Eye of the North itself, did you see it's current state?)

and you have a bigger chance cantha is getting skipped, they can't release cantha unless they want to exclude china and i don't see that ever happening.

PS. GW2 isn't a successor, it first needs to succeed to do that and it certainly did not do that as a GW game.

@sorudo.9054 said:

@Lord Urun.8465 said:Cantha first, GW:EN came later, so should wait it's turn. (But I we can visit the Eye of the North itself, did you see it's current state?)

and you have a bigger chance cantha is getting skipped, they can't release cantha unless they want to exclude china and i don't see that ever happening.

PS. GW2 isn't a successor, it first needs to succeed to do that and it certainly did not do that as a GW game.

Why would China have to be excluded if we are to go to Cantha?

@Martnor.1746 said:

because china really doesn't like it when their architecture is mixed with other asian architecture, cantha has exactly that.it's a political thing, we can't really do anything about that.

I'm so tired of people and companies using nostalgia to fill every single free space there is available in EVERYTHING. From movies to clothes to games, everything exudes so much mindless nostalgia it has fermented and become a rotten slime. Nostalgia is now mostly a cheap excuse to NOT CREATE ANYTHING NEW. Please stop.

No more GW1. Maybe it was a good game (I didn't liked it, so I stop laying it after a couple of days), but it is past. Gone. No more. NOT GW2.

Let GW2 be its own thing. It better that way for everyone. If you love so much GW1, don't mix it with this game: go and play GW1. If you hate so much this game, don't mix it with the old one: stop playing GW2 and play something else you like. If you like GW2: enjoy it, stop trying to transform it into its predecessor.

@Ardid.7203 said:I'm so tired of people and companies using nostalgia to fill every single free space there is available in EVERYTHING. From movies to clothes to games, everything exudes so much mindless nostalgia it has fermented and become a rotten slime. Nostalgia is now mostly a cheap excuse to NOT CREATE ANYTHING NEW. Please stop.

No more GW1. Maybe it was a good game (I didn't liked it, so I stop laying it after a couple of days), but it is past. Gone. No more. NOT GW2.

Let GW2 be its own thing. It better that way for everyone. If you love so much GW1, don't mix it with this game: go and play GW1. If you hate so much this game, don't mix it with the old one: stop playing GW2 and play something else you like. If you like GW2: enjoy it, stop trying to transform it into its predecessor.

This is probably a sequel considering it has the same name as Guild Wars with a 2 tacked onto the end. You played GW1 a few days and quit because you didn't like it, but a massive amount of people played the game until the sequel came out (some still play occasionally) because they loved the game. The idea of a sequel to their beloved game made them purchase the sequel. I wager that if the game had sucked, there would probably be no GW2.

We are still in Tyria, and several GW1 characters are still around. So I would not see this as a transformation, but just natural order. The playerbase wants many things from this game, and I would doubt that something nostalgic would ruin the game.

@Ardid.7203 said:I'm so tired of people and companies using nostalgia to fill every single free space there is available in EVERYTHING. From movies to clothes to games, everything exudes so much mindless nostalgia it has fermented and become a rotten slime. Nostalgia is now mostly a cheap excuse to NOT CREATE ANYTHING NEW. Please stop.

100% agreeWell said

@sorudo.9054 said:

because china really doesn't like it when their architecture is mixed with other asian architecture, cantha has exactly that.it's a political thing, we can't really do anything about that.

That's pity. I would love to see Cantha.

Archived