Are you going to purchase the 3rd expansion?

Alga.6498

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've not been entirely impressed with how things are game-wise, with graphics, the story itself, the way dailies are, other death-by-a-thousand-cuts stuff, but despite all that, this has been "my" game, even after looking at others. I still like to think of it that way, and so I'd normally be inclined to give a yes.

However, my health is starting to take on something of an irritating backseat driver role as to whether I can play MMO/online games anymore - I envisage a point soon(ish) at which I won't be online gaming at all, having to rely on games with "pause" features and saves and whatnot from single player stuff if at all. I can't deal with all the flashy stuff, in addition to action twitch circles-on-the-floor combat like I was (sort of - but not really - and now it's worse) able to before, which means I really can't give the game the time it demands/deserves (delete which ever offends you more), without literally hurting myself to do it. So, it's equally likely I may not make a purchase, even if I want to. I will have to see if I've improved when the time comes. No one can have my stuff if that's the case. :p

So... here's an unregistered maybe.

I'm going to be hesitant. Guild wars 2 will be my only MMO though.I can no longer play for the story, because its garbage.Next expansion will be Non Mount friendly because that's their model. And in my opinion is extremely dumb.PoF was just a check list of the bare minimum, and shipped as an "expansion"Maps were scaled for mounts and were clearly just resized over all, (look at most doors)I'd rather have an expansion in Core Tyria, major fixes and a true cleansing of Orr.For the faults HoT had at launch, Anet redeemed it by adjusting loot. I preferred that way of gameplay. Except TD

@Laila Lightness.8742 said:I doubt gw 2 ever make it far enough for a 3rd expansion if it does i hope no especes ore masteries

What makes you think that?If you ask me, it seems like they finally pulled up their pants.Season 4 started big, festivals got big updates.I've no reason to believe anet is going to decline anytime soon.Sure, they don't seem to have a very big pvp or wvw team, but those two together are like 20% of my game time

@"Nick Lentz.6982" said:I'm going to be hesitant. Guild wars 2 will be my only MMO though.I can no longer play for the story, because its garbage.Next expansion will be Non Mount friendly because that's their model. And in my opinion is extremely dumb.PoF was just a check list of the bare minimum, and shipped as an "expansion"Maps were scaled for mounts and were clearly just resized over all, (look at most doors)I'd rather have an expansion in Core Tyria, major fixes and a true cleansing of Orr.For the faults HoT had at launch, Anet redeemed it by adjusting loot. I preferred that way of gameplay. Except TD

I bet instead that next expansion will also be mount friendly.

I am, mainly because I've been invested in the lore and story since GW1 first surfaced so the least I want to do is to see it to its end. GvG was my go to thing in GW1 when it came to pvp and while I liked the concept of WvW I don't enjoy the chaotic zerg mess at all. My main disappointment is how the dungeons have basically been discarded and the raids have become nigh unapproachable due to the community itself. Nevertheless, unlike other MMOs where I feel like i'm on a never-ending treadmill to ever so slightly progress I can actually stand still for a moment and enjoy GW2 with what it has to offer.

Personally I now jump on for a couple of weeks at a time to do new content and do certain achievements I deem worthwhile for the rewards, but I'm in the group of people that are slowly moving away from MMO's as I believe that the allure of them is vanishing. Blame it on being a solo player or the lack of new innovation in MMOs. Either way unlike any other MMO, GW2 allows me to come and go as I please without feeling left behind.

Not voting as my vote is "undetermined."
Unknown what the content is supposed to be, let alone what else they add in like they added in mounts in with PoF.The only things I'm expecting is that they will continue to add grind for the asian market to try to keep things common, and still cater more to power/hardcore players and those with larger $$$ wallets, removing itself further from the niche market of being casual friendly.

@Vayne.8563 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

@"OneYenShort.3189" said:Not voting as my vote is "undetermined."

Unknown what the content is supposed to be, let alone what else they add in like they added in mounts in with PoF.The only things I'm expecting is that they will continue to add grind for the asian market to try to keep things common, and still cater more to power/hardcore players and those with larger $$$ wallets, removing itself further from the niche market of being casual friendly.

Widely believed and logical conclusion rumors say blood legion homelands

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Nope, mainly because the game mode I mainly play (WvW) has lost too many people. That and it's not a good sign when the HoT expansion has more players than PoF. I'm not really sure what they could do or expand on at this point.

Agreed. WvW is not at all what it used to be a few years ago, I keep wondering if WvW's fate will be better in time or not. I felt this too regards HoT vs PoF. There was alot more players who did indeed purchase HoT as it was the 1st expansion. I remember the price fiasco too. Maybe I am wrong but is the game dying after all? Only time will tell... I guess.

Actually, I'm relatively sure that deliberate design decisions keep more people in HoT, nothing to do with the quality of the new expansion. They want people in HoT because HoT needs people to function. The new expansion needs considerably less people. Anet is much better at directing traffic than people give them credit for.

I rarely ever went back to the Jungle after Path of Fire dropped (exploration was still too frustrating to be worth my time because of Metas running on what ever dead map I landed on and I sure as hell wouldn't take a map spot away from some one that wanted to do the META events on the populated Maps) when I still played, I made Legendary Bounty trains work to fill that void, plus Instan gave us a decent farm. The state of Reaper in PVE and the PVE Endgame Meta have killed it all for me. I know I said I was coming back, and hell I miss the game to a certain point, but the state of Reaper kills me and stifles my interest.

Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

I said no, as I stopped playing due to lag issues making doing the daily or cruising around to gather the magic nodes in the POF maps, far too irritating. I got sick and tired of playing around in a zone, then lagging out, and ending up in Lion's Arch, even though I had been in another zone for over an hour. That is shit.
My husband likes to PvP and WvW, and he's found that unpayable, so I don't think he would want to, either.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Totally your choice and doesn't change the fact that HoT maps are busier in general than PoF maps, and I spend plenty of time in both. Your specific situation, 1 you play a reaper and 2 you dislike challenging content generally puts you in a relatively small percentage of the playerbase. A lot of necro players have moved from reaper to scourge, and many others have found ways to play the reaper successfully in HoT. But HoT is buzzing these days. There's people everywhere. So whether you personally like it or don't like it doesn't really change anything I've said. It proves or disproves nothing.

Good points, not every game is for everyone, and one day I'm sure that an Elite Spec that should have had it's day from 2015 to 2017 will eventually get it's chance perhaps next expansion, or the one after that, or the one after that, or perhaps when it goes on maintenance mode and everything gets boosted to god mode for a dwindling population then perhaps finally my Reaper will be alright getting into Raids.

Not every MMO is meant for everyone, I had some fun while I was here I just wish I hadn't spent money based off of my expectations as opposed to what I was presented (this time around I'm approaching my purchases more cynically in ESO, namely the Sub which is worth it's money and that's about it at the moment since my RNG has been phenomenal with any promo crates I get).

@Oldirtbeard.9834 said:

Good points, not every game is for everyone, and one day I'm sure that an Elite Spec that should have had it's day from 2015 to 2017 will eventually get it's chance perhaps next expansion, or the one after that, or the one after that, or perhaps when it goes on maintenance mode and everything gets boosted to god mode for a dwindling population then perhaps finally my Reaper will be alright getting into Raids.

Not every MMO is meant for everyone, I had some fun while I was here I just wish I hadn't spent money based off of my expectations as opposed to what I was presented (this time around I'm approaching my purchases more cynically in ESO, namely the Sub which is worth it's money and that's about it at the moment since my RNG has been phenomenal with any promo crates I get).

See the problem is, your comment getting into raids. You've said in other threads how certain things have been too hard and how reaper is the only profession you can play/survive on. That would probably make raids content too hard for you no matter how powerful reaper became or didn't become. Raids require more commitment than what a lot of casual PvEr's are willing to put into it. We have necros in our guild raids sometimes and they do fine. This just feels like an excuse to me.

You've said you can only play one profession, there are nine. You've said that you can only play one elite spec of the two avaiable for that profession and survive. I'm not really sure how this is the game's fault either way.

Yes absolutely! Although I bought GW2 soon after release, I have a feeling it just started. The mounts gave me motivation to explore the world for every toon and I love the recent Black Lion Market additions to the Home Instance.Ok these Home goodies are extra's you'll have to pay for, but I love to decorate my own little place in the City. It's non P2W and for me it's a great way to support the game, same for costumes. I hope for many more expansions, this is the only MMO I play. Love the dynamic event system.

I do hope they will expand the garden (I loved the Mists of Pandaria gardening/cooking). Even if it costs me money.

In case of PvP devs treats ele's like garbage. I have seen already in beta where weaver will end in case of pvp, especially in consideration of what other elite spec will have, so I didn't bought it. And oh man, how they forgot and neglected tempest...after year of non stop nerfs killing our build diversity. Yet I have PoF because somebody didn't know what to give me on Christmas. But my pocket is safe and I keep on ignoring gemstore. Still I will tell everyone that in case of pvp ele - dev's shouldn't be paid for bad job...cause what's the point? You will be still stuck on core s/f for another few seasons.

Archived