Stop complaining about Mirage. Play it instead.

MikeL.8260

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 0 skill on mesmer, but after losing on a constant basis to them as warrior, I decided to play condi mirrage with perplexity runes. Needless to say i face roll a warrior, a mesmer, a ranger and a guardian during my first 1vs 1 roaming encounters. I am not making this up, I literally spam my buttons randomly because I did not know what to do and I face roll them so easily with 0 skill. After playing a few hrs i decided I did not want to play a face roll class and stop playing mirrage. For the record, that was before this patch "nerf" so right now I don't know how mesmer is doing, but apparently mesmer is still a face roll class.

@"Hitman.5829" said:I have 0 skill on mesmer, but after losing on a constant basis to them as warrior, I decided to play condi mirrage with perplexity runes. Needless to say i face roll a warrior, a mesmer, a ranger and a guardian during my first 1vs 1 roaming encounters. I am not making this up, I literally spam my buttons randomly because I did not know what to do and I face roll them so easily with 0 skill. After playing a few hrs i decided I did not want to play a face roll class and stop playing mirrage. For the record, that was before this patch "nerf" so right now I don't know how mesmer is doing, but apparently mesmer is still a face roll class.

Now the new meme is to go on power chrono and spam gs phantasms. If you rotate it right you’ll have like 8-9 on a single target, and it’s honestly quite overwhelming.

IMO phantasms need some sort of cap when using chronophantasma or it just becomes game breaking.

Every time I hear that excuse, I try the broken build, and it's easy to use, horribly boring and works against way too many builds way more often than it should.

It comes down to basically: "If you do not like this problematic build being used by bad players to get undeserved results and make the game more boring, do the same and ruin the game even more and make it even more boring not only for other players, but for yourself too."

@MikeL.8260 said:I was getting really tired of all those Threads appearing in the forums about how broken or op Mirage is so.. Instead of complaining about how overpowered Mesmer is why don't you play one yourself?Go on, give it a shot and then come back here and share with everyone your expiriences about how powerful you felt and how easily you carried your team by just smashing buttons on the keyboard, how omnipresent you were with your epic portal plays, how a random Deadeye one shot you or when a Druid forced you out of a base, when an FB kept restoring all your dmg and clearing your condis, when a Holo one shot you (from stealth), when a better mesmer kicked your puny kitten to the ground for trying to touch him, when a Warrior wasn't taking any dmg from your bursts, when a Scourge kept overchoking you with condis - along with your team - mercilessly, when an Ele one shot you and the list goes on.

Do you see the pattern? and in conjunction what I'm implying? If you miss the point please don't start a flame war.

Its exactly what i was saying months ago. If mesmer players want to band together and get SB nerfed so mirage will be #1? Then play that kitten too until mirage gets nerfed into the ground.

@tartarus.1082 said:

@"Hitman.5829" said:I have 0 skill on mesmer, but after losing on a constant basis to them as warrior, I decided to play condi mirrage with perplexity runes. Needless to say i face roll a warrior, a mesmer, a ranger and a guardian during my first 1vs 1 roaming encounters. I am not making this up, I literally spam my buttons randomly because I did not know what to do and I face roll them so easily with 0 skill. After playing a few hrs i decided I did not want to play a face roll class and stop playing mirrage. For the record, that was before this patch "nerf" so right now I don't know how mesmer is doing, but apparently mesmer is still a face roll class.

Now the new meme is to go on power chrono and spam gs phantasms. If you rotate it right you’ll have like 8-9 on a single target, and it’s honestly quite overwhelming.

IMO phantasms need some sort of cap when using chronophantasma or it just becomes game breaking.

Maybe if Chronophantasma only ever respawned one instance of any given phantasm it would be balanced?

@schloumou.3982Maybe it can’t, and if you feel so start a thread and argue your point. But Power Mirage is not the crux of it, and all nerfing this does is create a vacuum before something fills the same spot and everyone shouting for nerfs because the fundamental problem that you can see would not have been change.

To this thread:A lot of people here complaing saying there is no counter play clearly can not anticipate a stealth burst (something Engie, Theif, Ranger, and Guardian are capable of doing.) or avoid shatters.

I already said I don’t like saying it as it just sounds elitist and rude but this is a learn to play issue. It’s not that hard and some of us have it down pat.On my Thief it’s not hard to avoid the shatter and then to make them waste their defensive cooldowns. Depends on how good they are able to anticipate in turn. (And unlike them I can hide in stealth)

People are going to shout about fear of nerfs but honestly of course mesmers are going to defend this. Back before the specialization patch when mes was virtually deleted by thieves in the days when power shatter was all you could run. We made the same arguments about thieves, and if played optimally there was no way to win unless they made a mistake. But after 3ish years a lot of us picked up the class and we learned to anticipate so we could hold our own. Sure the class got buffed to the point where it could fight back, but that’s coming from fixing rushed out poorly thought out design decisions core to the class. But the point I’m trying to make is that mesmers were in that situation, and those were a lot harder matchups simply because of the resource difference.

So when OP is telling people to pick it up and learn it, it’s only because that is what we did, even if the matchup was poor we learned to hold our own. Yeah you might pick it up and burst people down, but it’s still always been a noob stomper for those lost in clones, and still there are people who don’t know how to avoid a burst that hasn’t been meta since pre-hot.

You all complain now but I bet if this was left untouched for a year it would fall to irrelevance as it once did, just with more set up tools and burst that actually can kill confirm so you actually need to avoid it.

@"MikeL.8260" said:Instead of complaining about how overpowered Mesmer is why don't you play one yourself?

If you actually PLAYED the game you'd see that's exactly what everyone is doing. Mesmer is by far the most common thing to see in sPvP right now and AT's are being won by teams of 3 or 4 mesmers.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7x4ugn/34_mesmer_teams_are_now_consistently_winning/

@MikeL.8260 said:

@pah.4931 said:So is your thesis: Mesmer is not more powerful than most other professions currently?

Or is it: Mesmer is OP but not easy to play?

Both, more or less and my first question still stands; why doesn't everyone play Mesmer since it's such a godly profession? It's all about the PvP ladder no? Every thread I read makes Mirages sounds like impenetrable fortresses that make Alcatraz seem like a matchbox... without the wraping - or the matches.Personally, I despise mesmer class. I hate how cheesy the class is ever since I started playing GW2, I hate it's animations, I hate how undervalued some of their mechanics are. I only play it for education purposes and switching to it would only make me another FoTM whore. Never wanted to be nine-faced character in this or any other MMO.Also gotta admit that while condition mesmers resulted as monstrous unbearable cancer for casuals, power mesmer requires some skill to play and is more punishing but it is still like freshair Ele with stealth, much more cc and disengage possibilities. It is still the most favourite class among trolls in 1v1 arenas lol

• 6 months later...

Mirage gameplay in a nutshell -

1. Port in and button bash -cant not be stunned/hard to get hit
  2. Port out/run, heal/regen - player will try to recover from the burst that applied 8465493 stacks of coni and ahead towards/away from you if not downed.
  3. Is the player in downed state? If no return to step 1 else stomp

Or if you are really skillful use one of meta builds with life saving passive skills!!!

@MikeL.8260 said:I was getting really tired of all those Threads appearing in the forums about how broken or op Mirage is so.. Instead of complaining about how overpowered Mesmer is why don't you play one yourself?Go on, give it a shot and then come back here and share with everyone your expiriences about how powerful you felt and how easily you carried your team by just smashing buttons on the keyboard, how omnipresent you were with your epic portal plays, how a random Deadeye one shot you or when a Druid forced you out of a base, when an FB kept restoring all your dmg and clearing your condis, when a Holo one shot you (from stealth), when a better mesmer kicked your puny kitten to the ground for trying to touch him, when a Warrior wasn't taking any dmg from your bursts, when a Scourge kept overchoking you with condis - along with your team - mercilessly, when an Ele one shot you and the list goes on.

Do you see the pattern? and in conjunction what I'm implying? If you miss the point please don't start a flame war.

Yet you come here to start this thread. I'm not even going to read. Title is sufficient.

Nerf mirage please. It is BROKEN!

@rank eleven monk.9502 said:lol people bumping half year old threads even though mirage was nerfed several times

l2p issue now really

Better than starting another thread is it not?

It's more of limited options in builds rather than L2P issue, i dare you to step off the meta easy train with no lifesaving passive.

With the limited choice of build options in PVP, it is becoming an boring mode.

People want more freedom to play their favorite class spec but sadly stuck with few top performing/over performing builds such as mirage.

No builds should be able to evade/invul, have great mobility, Breaks Enemy Targeting, stun-break dodges and deal heavy at the same time (clones on top of that).

Archived