Why cant we upload photos from our PC?

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:As for uploading from the PC, I imagine it is gone as it requires much more storage. You can make the photo show up, if you link from a known photo hosting site (e.g. imgur)eapFcZF.jpg

I always had a feeling I was being watched at the TP. Now I know why.

As to the OP's question; It takes an extra step which isn't so bad and it saves Anet from having to store it.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It has been stated it is because of security reasons. There was a large thread about it; I'm sure the 'Search' feature can find it.

Good luck.

Which is a puzzle since image files are not executables or scripts.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:It has been stated it is because of security reasons. There was a large thread about it; I'm sure the 'Search' feature can find it.

Good luck.

I think it's more about the image's content and ANet not being responsible for any illegal stuff you might upload.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" This is how to include images in your post: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/853/guide-how-to-upload-post-your-own-images-on-these-forums

I like the new image linking better than the old uploading. Now you can include pictures right in the text instead of having all pictures at the end of your post. You can even hide pictures in spoilers etc.

@BunjiKugashira.9754 said:

Good luck.

Good luck.

I think it's more about the image's content and ANet not being responsible for any illegal stuff you might upload.

@"Stand The Wall.6987" This is how to include images in your post:

I like the new image linking better than the old uploading. Now you can include pictures right in the text instead of having all pictures at the end of your post. You can even hide pictures in spoilers etc.

That might be the case but they have said before (and it was said in this thread) that it was a security matter. So assuming that is the reason then it becomes a problem of figuring out how an image file could break any sort of security. Especially since obviously anything someone is thinking about with XSS is not an issue or they would not allow links to externally hosted images.

• 3 years later...
10 minutes ago, The Greyhawk.9107 said:

That kinda sucks, imgur's a trash site overrun with genuinely toxic people.  

When I saw I would have to use imgur, I decided I do not need to post pics that much.  I have my own domain, and a wordpress site and could easily host all the pics I need - but I could never see how to post from my own domain, or get a WP pic to show up. A link to a pic is pretty much useless. 😎

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Leo.3428 said:

Imgur image embedding doesn't work anymore since the new Invision forum took over some months ago. One of the casualties of the operation. I think the 2018 OP refers to the even older forums before Vanilla (but I wasn't here at the time).

It worked for a few days after the switch but was disabled for some reason.   There has been no response from Anet as to why the ability to post images was disabled.