[BUG] Three Golem Monte achievement [merged]

I've done this damn thing correct 3 times and no achievement. One of them not a single person got 1 wrong, however 2 people were slow to interact with the correct one.

This is very frustrating. Especially because, and quite honestly, my picking the correct golem for the last phase is based on complete luck. I can't keep track of it at all at that speed and with so many.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done today without fails, no achievement. Other person in the event failed, so maybe taht was the cause.

I hope arenanet fix this bug soon.

edit: I did the event solo, and receive the achievement correctly, so it seems that only give credit if all players guess it correctly.

I tried it a dozen times............ you have to do it solo.. no other players to stuff it up for you. basically do it solo. i have a few times even doing it solo and got all guesses correct.. i didn't get the ap too . i finally got it after parking two characters each on 1 location so i don't have to move my character there just relog when the other golem is wasted.3QBSdRL.png

@"ReActif.9251" said:Same for me and i had capture this in video, sorry this is in French but we will see the bug :

Sorry Anet, I couldn't resist trolling with the miniature.

Why mi golem are running so fast compare to yours. When i do the event the golems are running too fast and i can t see them all time ( maybe lag)

@Malerine.5762 said:

@"ReActif.9251" said:Same for me and i had capture this in video, sorry this is in French but we will see the bug :

Why mi golem are running so fast compare to yours. When i do the event the golems are running too fast and i can t see them all time ( maybe lag)

it can be lag, i have 400 ping average playing from Australia in EU server.. but its still possible. i didn't have a video but some tries were easier than the others.. sometimes the last phase, the golems seem to merge and it makes it difficult to spot. but there are times when they are easier to spot.. so keep trying :P and tough is that u have to beat the bug too!!! have to make sure no one is going to ruin your tries.

Update: Just finished and got the acheivement "Three Golem Monte" @March 21, 9am. I have been working or rather sitting on this achiev for the past few days waiting for it to pop and also trying to guess all 5 correctly. After watching the video above I realized there are 2 places you can play this game which made me think that maybe only one of them is the correct location and why some of you are not getting the credit. The video above is located south of the Portalforge lab POI.

I was able to get the achiev. from the other location north of the western complex or SW of Tunnel access delta POI. This is the one with all the Veterans surrounding the Golem, just interact with him to start the challenge and they wont bother you.I also did this solo no one was near me, hope this helps.

@Malerine.5762 said:

Try the other location north of the western complex!

I actually thought I wasnt going to get it, I panned out and stood back so I could follow them. I probably tried 10x over the past few days. There isnt a way to mark them so just follow the one that gets hit the best you can. I parked a character there just to wait for the event.

Something is bugged about this. I understand no one on the map can select the wrong one, so I duo'd it with a friend and we both selected the right one every time and neither got credit. Has ANET said there is anything bugged about it? No one else was on the map selecting a wrong one.

@Kulgin.9512 said:Something is bugged about this. I understand no one on the map can select the wrong one, so I duo'd it with a friend and we both selected the right one every time and neither got credit. Has ANET said there is anything bugged about it? No one else was on the map selecting a wrong one.

Maybe credit for each round only goes to the first person that gets it correct. If nobody gets it correct first all five times then they don’t get credit.

finally got mine achieve last night, no one was around, and made an incorrect guess with the 1st set of golems because got distracted by the phone.set 1) incorrect guess -> correct guess before time ran out (oh no!!! am i gonna fail the achieve because of an incorrect guess?!?!)set 2) correct guessset 3) correct guessset 4) correct guessset 5) omg the golems are so tiny when zoom maxed out, but luckily he didn't run much, basically ran off once and back to almost where he wasBOOM!!! Achievement GOT!!!

I think it's not bugged, just a bad design having it out in the open world, because if one person fails it ruins the rest of ppl doing it.

@"Urud.4925" said:Yes, it's bugged. Currently its status is on "Verifying" (https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/231272908-Known-Issue-Tracker), so we may expect a fix soon.

It's unbelievable how many old bugs are still not fixed in that list. For instance, I want to finally be able to finish Belcher Bluff, but no such luck. :( Or the bug that blocks ascended aquabreathers from being used in the MF. Unbelievable. These have been "investigated" for years now...

P.S. The Bandolier that's supposed to get fixed isn't even listed there, by the way.

Archived