Is there going to be anymore classes

draken.8614

@czerwoni.9563 said:maybe in the form of an elite spec because adding one class means adding 2 elite specs to that class and we are already at a nice even 3 light 3 mid 3 heavy armor.

Well, if Blizzard were running this game, they would agree with you and introduce a class that wears different armor depending on their trait:Core trait - LightHoT Elite - MediumPoF Elite - Heavy

:)

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:I am overwhelmed by the negativity when it comes to new races/classes and balancing. Imo balancing isn't that important. You still can play. The difference of a good/bad player is so huge that it doesn't matter anyway. Also I love to have diversity. Why not have 2-3 additonal classes? Anet introduced 4 new classes in GW1 in the year 2006. It was great.

Also what is the problem with new races? Just make it the cheap way: either a rather humanoid race or completely different with own limited sets, anet can build up from there. There mustn't be all the sets available for all races. Take it easy, chill and don't take a game too serious (unless you are a professional gamer but then PvP in this game here isn't taken serious anyway).

you see there is where prioritization comes into play. ALOT of players (including me, since i almost only play wvw) rather have a good balancing instead of a big pile of different classes.with introducig rev they stated that now each armor type has 3 classes and i doubt that they will change that. they will just bring out new especs to let you classes play differently. even tho they did a bad job at that aswell...warrior (can only speak for that) honestly feels not much different than before.

@ArmageddonAsh.6430 said:

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:No, that’s still too many for Anet to balance.

They would struggle balancing 1 class to be fair...

It's not a struggle if they don't do it to be more fair.

I'm doubtful we will see a new class; I think the 'interesting' space where new class would reside would have too much overlap with the current ones.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Echoherb.6528" said:Elite specs fill that role, and there will almost certainly be more of those. Honestly I'd be happy if they started one by one redesigning and fixing existing classes similar to mesmer, starting with engineer.

The Elite specs have been a failure. How many of them change how a class plays? VERY little, if at all. They are nothing more than power creep upgrades. Pay2win at its worst.

Elite specs are not pay2win. They simply make gw2 morelike a P2P game (more like 1-2 years between each "subscription"). P2W refers to when you can to an unreasonable degree just put more and more money into the game to get stronger, not pay a rather reasonable fee every 1-2 years to get access to some new specs, think of it as games with new level caps in expansion for example.

@Echoherb.6528 said:Elite specs fill that role, and there will almost certainly be more of those. Honestly I'd be happy if they started one by one redesigning and fixing existing classes similar to mesmer, starting with engineer.

The Elite specs have been a failure. How many of them change how a class plays? VERY little, if at all. They are nothing more than power creep upgrades. Pay2win at its worst.

Some may read it as hate, I read it as passion miced with frustration.The elite specs are really strong, but you might have noticed that people still run what the call “core”-spec.Simply because in some aspects the combinations of three core-specs, either surpass the combo of elite-spec for that sole purpose, or because the Elite-specs change too much of the playstyle.

HoT was the first babysteps, and therefor you will not find a total overhaul of mechanics, and I think that is why PoFs Elite-specs feels more fresh, since they are a bold take on the core-profession mechanics.

No doubt that they still got the flavour of the core, but look on how you use them.Spellbreakers might have the least “new” stuff, but bringing in an active counter and boon-stripping is a new way of playing warriors, but still do not take away banner support, or compete with full burst.

Firebrand grants Guardians “kit”-like virtues, these are a bit like the old elites, where you get five new abilities (15 in total) that act accordingly to their virtue.This change the virtues to be one-time ohh shit actives, to being a bigger part of the rotation imo (purely subjective), but still keep the virtues flavour.

Daredevil was pretty much a acrobatic thief on steroids, and brings little new to the profession (though staves are cool), that said does the Deadeye bring us the missing 1200-1500 range that I have been missing for awhile now.I change the steal ability from a teleport to a mark, it can accumilate a lot of burst and dps, but at a cost, lack of mobility (if you pick rifle).

Elementalist, though clunky due to its core, also differ a lot in its specs.In Tempest you want to tank the attunements for awhile if you want the overload mechanics, were Weaver kinda force you to rotate a bit more and plan ahead on your rotation due to the mechanic of the weaver (a bit like Revenants legends).

They can still be played a bit like core.But then why not just stick with core, that would probably reap better results.Elite-specs give you a change to change you playstyle and/or weapon, but in the end it is all up to you :)

Maybe. We can't rule it out as a possibility. I feel that Anet might begin to add more classes when they feel comfortable with a specific number of elite specs. So lets say we get to 4 elite specs per class. I feel that should be just about the right number of specs. But that's my opinion. 2 is too few for sure, 3 might be okay but People are going to be mighty upset if they don't get something they've been clamoring for with the 3rd one. So I'll say 4.

After 4 I think if arena net focuses their resources on adding core stuff to the classes as well as a new class with 4 unique elite specs this could be a fair trade off once we get to that point. I feel after 5 elite specs we could start to see quite a bit of bloat in their design.

Ritualist really should be its own class. Necromancer players and GW1 players wont be happen if its given to Revenant and Revenant players wont be happy if its given to necromancer. Its a lose lose situation.

But if it is its own class! Everyone wins! Everyone is happy, no one is sad. Revenants can keep being their martial class without the clunky slow nature of Ritualist and Necromancers can steal the Ritualist's cloths from the wardrobe. YOINK! Mine now!

@Lily.1935 said:Ritualist really should be its own class. Necromancer players and GW1 players wont be happen if its given to Revenant and Revenant players wont be happy if its given to necromancer. Its a lose lose situation.

But if it is its own class! Everyone wins! Everyone is happy, no one is sad. Revenants can keep being their martial class without the clunky slow nature of Ritualist and Necromancers can steal the Ritualist's cloths from the wardrobe. YOINK! Mine now!

Even if they decided to add Ritualist you can forget about it being the same as was in the first game, considering they gave the gameplay to Engineer and theme to Revenant. Most likely it will end up the way Dervish and Paragon did, as a profession for the NPC's with a slight possibility of it being a specialization mentor and sharing some of their knowledge about whatever Rev gets when we go to Cantha.

@Elric.4713 said:

@"Lily.1935" said:Ritualist really should be its own class. Necromancer players and GW1 players wont be happen if its given to Revenant and Revenant players wont be happy if its given to necromancer. Its a lose lose situation.

Even if they decided to add Ritualist you can forget about it being the same as was in the first game, considering they gave the gameplay to Engineer and theme to Revenant. Most likely it will end up the way Dervish and Paragon did, as a profession for the NPC's with a slight possibility of it being a specialization mentor and sharing some of their knowledge about whatever Rev gets when we go to Cantha.

I think the biggest issue for A ritualist is finding the right mechanic to make it work. Less so it having similarities to other classes. The best Mechanic that would fit a ritualist that I see in Game is death shroud. It just makes way too much sense as a Ritualist mechanic. Its arguably far better suited for them than it is for necromancer. I suppose you could say Kits could be urns but a shroud as a urn would work too, choosing between specific urns as a swap to choose outside of battle. The toolbelt mechanic really isn't ritualist at all, even if they have mechanical similarities.

Also, Revenant takes inspiration from a lot of classes, not just ritualist. You see a ton of Assassin and necromancer influence in them. As well as Paragon, Dervish and monk. To say its "Theme is the same as Ritualist" really misses a lot of its design. Revenant is more like Shang Tsung from Mortal combat. Appropriating the abilities of multiple characters/professions. Revenant is really supposed to be a celebration of the Characters and history of Tyria. And Anet should absolutely embrace that identity! Like, seriously! Have the Revenant channel all sorts of unique legends that let them play like a hybrid of every other class in the game.

Archived