What one thing would you change in wvw?

Rashagar.8349

@Dawdler.8521 said:Increase 30m food to 1h.

Its lunchtime, sorry.

Or increase the new craftable primers to 6 hours. I'm glad they fixed the glitch with the crafted metabolic primer that gave a 12 hour timer instead of the 2 hours it was supposed to give, but 2 hours for these items really isn't long enough some times and considering it can take several days farming the home plots depending on how many you have and what you've planted, the extend times really aren't worth it for a full time player in any mode.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just some imo "interesting" (read: totally insane) ideas:Fractal gravity.No RINo instantly repaired walls and gates when taking objectives.Players work as siege and siege good vs playersKilling gates and walls give scoring points.Glass cannon siege that destroys/kills in 1/2/3 hits but also has minimal health.Last Laugh from fractals on all characters or only Lords/ guards/dolyaks

@sephiroth.4217 said:I'd like 1 week with no siege or tower gates.

Split the zergs up, could be little defense squads and attack squads of 5-10 people everywhere.... The harder a server zergs, the easier it becomes for them to lose all their stuff to roamers.

Currently you try and take a tower with 3-4 people and you gotta make 3 supply runs, hope no one spots you because theres a tonne of siege already built in the tower and be patient as you attempt to knock down fortified doors before the 50 man squad rolls over you.

THIS.. THIS is EXACTLY what WvW needs. I dont necessarily think all the siege and gates have to be removed but it should be MUCH easier to take down. But if they are removed im A okay with that. This is something that WvW has needed for years imo. It would actually turn WvW into real GvG.Open battleground with more, meaningful fights. not just commander trying for hours to break into a single tower. No more meaningless roaming fights. Roamers would suddenly become incredibly useful. It would make WvW more fun for EVERYONE......... except... the ones that like it the way it already is.

The other problem, as far as i can tell, with WvW is the playerbase. As you may already know, most WvW players are terrible at using their characters outside of largescale combat. And even at that, most people who zerg arent good at all. No one is being held responsible for mistakes cus theres so many people, so its hard to tell who did what wrong. As for us roamers, if we make 1 or 2 mistakes, its very likely that we die right away. So naturally we are forced to learn from our mistakes and thats why we get better at playing with our characters much faster than other types of players.

If WvW suddenly turned into a place where everyone had to fight in small to medium scale fights, a lot of WvW players would be upset because theyd start to lose more often than theyd like. Most people dont want to actually get better.. they just want to win. And if they cant win often enough because they arent good, they will complain or leave the game.

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Get rid of the freaking CC that all the NPCs have. The server that owns the tower already has an advantage with the guards, but the constant blind, cripple, immob, etc that they have is just outrageous.

Also this made me laugh. I disagree they should remove them, but i do agree they are a pain in the ass. Better than most players in WvW with those cc timings haha.

@Vaga.5174 said:

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:Get rid of the freaking CC that all the NPCs have. The server that owns the tower already has an advantage with the guards, but the constant blind, cripple, immob, etc that they have is just outrageous.

Also this made me laugh. I disagree they should remove them, but i do agree they are a pain in the kitten. Better than most players in WvW with those cc timings haha.

LOL. The kinda players that are juuuuust good enough that you cant kill them in the middle of the camp if they have the extra NPCs.. but are still terrible.. they tend to be so bad that the NPCs are literally more difficult to kill than the player himself.. xd.

@bigo.9037 said:

Also this made me laugh. I disagree they should remove them, but i do agree they are a pain in the kitten. Better than most players in WvW with those cc timings haha.

LOL. The kinda players that are juuuuust good enough that you cant kill them in the middle of the camp if they have the extra NPCs.. but are still terrible.. they tend to be so bad that the NPCs are literally more difficult to kill than the player himself.. xd.

Haha, or you are just about to land that killing blow and OH a prefect blind from the npc from 900 range, and then oh a perfect cc from the Veteran Guard, then WHAT a kd just as that cc is over from the supervisor. Amazing synergy.

@Vaga.5174 said:

Haha, or you are just about to land that killing blow and OH a prefect blind from the npc from 900 range, and then oh a perfect cc from the Veteran Guard, then WHAT a kd just as that cc is over from the supervisor. Amazing synergy.

Indeed. not to mention the literal permanent cripple.. and getting immobilized a lot.

Hmm make Dragon Banner unusable for running away from structures ,it was meant to be a defensive option I thought . but more and more it has become offensive , 50 man zerg and someone running with a banner ,,please restrict this to what it was meant to be for defending area around structures 1500 or 2000 max from structure. My 2 cents worth

@cobbah.3102 said:Hmm make Dragon Banner unusable for running away from structures ,it was meant to be a defensive option I thought . but more and more it has become offensive , 50 man zerg and someone running with a banner ,,please restrict this to what it was meant to be for defending area around structures 1500 or 2000 max from structure. My 2 cents worth

Maybe not that but maybe the minute you walk into territory that isn't yours it disappears from you holding it (like gliding)?

Change the Match-Up system. The design should Allow players to pick their own Server Match-Ups with "Weekly Limits" on How Many & Which Servers that they can fight against...while naturally encouraging long term server team identities in a competitive game mode.

It seems like there's a lot of pointless flipping and reflipping of objectives because players are spread too thin over too many objectives. Things need to be consolidated down to the point that you only win or lose objectives by winning or losing battles... and not because the entire opposing team is on another map (or the opposite side of the same map).

I would like Watchtower to have a CD once activated. e.g; stays active for 30 mins then goes on a 15 to 20 minute CD. This will encourage a little more active scouting if players truly wish to defend instead of sitting at spawn/garri waiting for the red dots to show up aka easy mode. For attackers it may bring back that havoc, sneaky play style.

@Zephyra.4709 said:I would like Watchtower to have a CD once activated. e.g; stays active for 30 mins then goes on a 15 to 20 minute CD. This will encourage a little more active scouting if players truly wish to defend instead of sitting at spawn/garri waiting for the red dots to show up aka easy mode. For attackers it may bring back that havoc, sneaky play style.

I've said it before. Watchtower is a crutch that hinders servers. It's easier for havoc teams to take a T-3 with watchtower than one without. As long as servers use it, 3-4 people will have an easy time getting to the lord.

Archived