Next weapon for Guardian's Elite

Regon Phoenix.8215

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I'd rather they introduce a new weapon like a Polearm - either a Pike or Halberd would work. Either that or a 2H Greataxe. This is of course assuming they don't introduce mounted combat, in which case, the Lance is what we will get!

Not gonna happen. LW season 4, episode 1 introduced 2 scythes and 2 spears as staff skins. That's a pretty solid statement from ANet that they included those to satisfy those of us who want pole-arm combat (since we could use daredevil or revenant) and that they don't plan on making a unique polearm weapon type.

Honestly I want a build based on combat, a full dps build trait where you can follow on traits a base raw dmg build, because all the build you can have here are pretty obvious . Dual wield weapon would be nice if they don't had new weapons.

But what I really wanted is:New weapons:

Greataxe (2handed weapon)

Spears ( one handed and 2handed)

Orbs ( for magic users )

Scythe

With this 2 new class could join the game as almost every player want, derwish and paragon.New weapons and new skills and joy to everyone to find out and unlock ! :) Would be pretty fun ! Would be even funnier unlocking them by doing a pre quest! :DCan't be too hard to make this new classes based in skills already on game that you see on NPC that you fought against and on the old GW game.

"Witchhunter" dual pistols. Maybe "Zealot" instead.

Heavy on the burning. All pistol attacks stack burning. Maybe uses Cantrips?

Gluttony: Heal. Does a moderate heal, absorbs all burning damage you've got going for more healing.Active ability 1: Wrath. Grants fury, lights the zealot on fire causing damage to nearby targets. Reduces damage burning targets do to you.2: Sloth. Does minor damage and stuns any enemy you inflicted burning on.3: Greed: Steals a random boon from your burning targets.Elite: Pride. For X amount of time grants stability and retaliation, and each tick of burning grants you and your group a stack of might.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:I'd rather they introduce a new weapon like a Polearm - either a Pike or Halberd would work. Either that or a 2H Greataxe. This is of course assuming they don't introduce mounted combat, in which case, the Lance is what we will get!

Not gonna happen. LW season 4, episode 1 introduced 2 scythes and 2 spears as staff skins. That's a pretty solid statement from ANet that they included those to satisfy those of us who want pole-arm combat (since we could use daredevil or revenant) and that they don't plan on making a unique polearm weapon type.

Shines a light on the fact that they HAVEN'T introduced any halberd/axe-like skins on staff. So your statement is equally wrong as it is correct.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Shines a light on the fact that they HAVEN'T introduced any halberd/axe-like skins on staff. So your statement is equally wrong as it is correct.

There is a greataxe skin for hammer though and underwater could get on land and tgere is a spearskin that looks like a halberd.

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

There is a greataxe skin for hammer though and underwater could get on land and tgere is a spearskin that looks like a halberd.

Links? Wasn't able to find a hammer skin like that on a cursory glance through the wiki.

Besides, there's difference between happening to have a skin like that, and making a definite statement as the one Arcaedus mentioned.

I'd love to see Magdaer be reforged and given to Logan, as Eir intended when she retrieved it from the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon story mode. Then he could make a big return to the story with a new elite specialization and wielding dual swords. Would be poetic and freakin awesome to see Logan and Rytlock go up against Kralkatorik, this time united and each armed with Magdaer and Sohothin.

@Yannir.4132 said:

Think again. The War God's Staff is a halberd and the Forged Staff appears to be a naginata.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I'd rather they introduce a new weapon like a Polearm - either a Pike or Halberd would work. Either that or a 2H Greataxe. This is of course assuming they don't introduce mounted combat, in which case, the Lance is what we will get!

Think again. The War God's Staff is a halberd and the Forged Staff appears to be a naginata.

They both appear to be "naginatas", the European/western term for that is a (war-)glaive btw. Historical examples of European glaives are mostly from Eastern Europe which makes them less prominent in West European literature and art.

While I can easily see how War God's staff could be made into a halberd, it's not one yet. They would have to get rid of the chain, make the top spike a lot smaller and make the size difference between the side blades more noticeable. Problem is the point of balance for that weapon is too high up the blade which would make the side blades less useful as hitting parts. While ANet does come up with fancy designs for the weapons, they are usually consistent about the balance portion. Whether that's by accident or design, I don't know. Bottom of the weapon is irrelevant, that's not the business end, just decoration/balancing.

as much as id like dual pistols spitting fire, it would be meh for pve (and we already got condi spec in fb) sooo... dual wield daggers for some proper melee power spec? offhand sword could also be cool, but we would need some buff to mh sword for dual wielding, as right now scepter/gs are just superior to it.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I'd rather they introduce a new weapon like a Polearm - either a Pike or Halberd would work. Either that or a 2H Greataxe. This is of course assuming they don't introduce mounted combat, in which case, the Lance is what we will get!

They both appear to be "naginatas", the European/western term for that is a (war-)glaive btw. Historical examples of European glaives are mostly from Eastern Europe which makes them less prominent in West European literature and art.

While I can easily see how War God's staff could be made into a halberd, it's not one yet. They would have to get rid of the chain, make the top spike a lot smaller and make the size difference between the side blades more noticeable. Problem is the point of balance for that weapon is too high up the blade which would make the side blades less useful as hitting parts. While ANet does come up with fancy designs for the weapons, they are usually consistent about the balance portion. Whether that's by accident or design, I don't know. Bottom of the weapon is irrelevant, that's not the business end, just decoration/balancing.

We're arguing over breadcrumbs at this point. The takeaway here is that the existence of all of these skins which at least partially fill the missing aesthetics of polearm weapons is pretty solid confirmation that ANet doesn't ever plan on making an entire new weapon-class for GW2. Because if they did, it would have to be polearms due to both insanely high popular demand and lore reasons (so many things use polearms) but these skins confirm they're only going to continue to make polearm-like staff skins at best.

Archived