Legendary Longbow

• ArenaNet Staff

@Randulf.7614 said:I use C&C as it is one of my fav legendaries and an ascended orange longbow. I'd like something a bit cooler though since C&C really outclasses the longbow, but matching my tiger themed look is important..

Ooh, what you wrote made me think that having an orange and black bow probably would be better for Halloween! (I mean, ponies and flowers are great all year 'round, but the seasonal colors make the C&C miiiiighty attractive sounding for the Halloween festival!)

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@"Randulf.7614" said:I use C&C as it is one of my fav legendaries and an ascended orange longbow. I'd like something a bit cooler though since C&C really outclasses the longbow, but matching my tiger themed look is important..

Ooh, what you wrote made me think that having an orange and black bow probably would be better for Halloween! (I mean, ponies and flowers are great all year 'round, but the seasonal colors make the C&C miiiiighty attractive sounding for the Halloween festival!)

The spider longbow is really nice for Halloween. I'd be using it, but it's tad small for my look, but the dark colour otherwise works really well

Also, the C&C "journey" is arguably the best side quest/story in the game. It is superb

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:I use C&C as it is one of my fav legendaries and an ascended orange longbow. I'd like something a bit cooler though since C&C really outclasses the longbow, but matching my tiger themed look is important..

Now see that would work beautifully for me...preferably before Halloween, though :pensive:

• ArenaNet Staff

@Randulf.7614 said:

The spider longbow is really nice for Halloween. I'd be using it, but it's tad small for my look, but the dark colour otherwise works really well

Also, the C&C "journey" is arguably the best side quest/story in the game. It is superb

Oh yes, the spider bow -- how perfect!

@"kurfu.5623" said:Whatever they come up with, they're gonna have a hard time making something cooler looking that this, IMHO:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Azureflame

Yeah, that concerns me as well. Someone suggested an Awakened type bow with a Tar theme, and that seemed like a neat idea. But given the classes that can use a Longbow, and ones that seem like they'd do good with a long bow, I'd think a Mist based theme would cover most of them.

Taking ideas from the new Warhorn, Fate Stay Night's Archer and Bleach's Quincy

I think it will be a pretty neat idea to have a materialised Longbow out of thin air as a legendary

• In the stowed form it will just be an aura across the entire body
  • In the equipped idled form the aura concentrates into the heart area and then travels towards the fist and make the fist glow
  • As the bow string is drawn, the bow materialises, and fires a flashy projectile against the target
  • As the projectile leaves the bowstring (final drawn animation for channelled skill), the bow dematerialises

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I use The Dreamer and Kudzu. I really, really like both of those bows, so it would take a lot to persuade me to switch to something new. Now, I would love to have C&C and it would be particularly appropriate because I'm crazy about big cats. (Have you met my pet, Franklin? Usually a kitty in some form. <3) Anyway, I haven't had the time to do the legendary journey so Dreamer and Kudzu work great for me.

Having said all that, as a Ranger I think a new LB could be awesome, but I don't know if or when that might happen.

To be honest I think that the two legendary longbows (rainbows/unicorns and flowers) would be easily considered more feminine than masculine designs. Now don't everybody jump on me right away here ok, but the thing is that shooting rainbows and flowers on them will be enjoyed by some and not so much by others, regardless of whether you're a man or a woman. I am a man but I play female characters exclusively for example. I think overall it's great to have a lot more feminine design in the game but here I lack the option of having a death dealing weapon look more serious or dangerous. I get that Kudzu fits great with Sylvari for example, but I do not play them. I guess some people prefer to have their weapons look more threatening if you will. I do at least, since at the end of the day, their only purpose is to kill things. To put it in a more humorous way, why kill em with kindness if you can use a hammer?

So I understand this request. I do think the rainbows and unicorn bow hurts my eyes and is a horrible thing that I will never ever use, even if someone gave it to me, but I also do not begrudge others loving it. I think that's how freedom of choice and opinion works. So I'd like the choice of legendary weapons, particularly a bow, that looks more like it was meant to kill things. I see no reason why we can't have that also. When I play tomb raider I love bows and especially the composite ones are cool but these legendary bows are not for me.

I'll be honest, at the moment there isn't a single legendary weapon I would be interested in getting. Not a single one, well maybe the Meteorlogicus. That one I might think about, however, considering the effort, I want to be more excited about such a skin. The reason I don't like the legendary skins to be honest is that they are just too much of something (in my view of course). Too elaborate, too colorful, too shiny. All in all too much. I must of course say that I do not expect to represent anyone else but myself, but if there are more people like me, then perhaps some legendary weapons that look a bit more serious and less flowery or flashy would be welcome as well as an alternative.

On the other hand, not liking the skins does save me a lot of trouble, so I may need to be careful what I ask for, in case I might get it. ;)

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:I use The Dreamer and Kudzu. I really,
really
like both of those bows, so it would take a lot to persuade me to switch to something new. Now, I would love to have C&C and it would be particularly appropriate because I'm crazy about big cats. (Have you met my pet, Franklin? Usually a kitty in some form. <3) Anyway, I haven't had the time to do the legendary journey so Dreamer and Kudzu work great for me.

Having said all that, as a Ranger I think a new LB could be awesome, but I don't know if or when that might happen.

To be honest I think that the two legendary longbows (rainbows/unicorns and flowers) would be easily considered more feminine than masculine designs. Now don't everybody jump on me right away here ok, but the thing is that shooting rainbows and flowers on them will be enjoyed by some and not so much by others, regardless of whether you're a man or a woman. I am a man but I play female characters exclusively for example. I think overall it's great to have a lot more feminine design in the game but here I lack the option of having a death dealing weapon look more serious or dangerous. I get that Kudzu fits great with Sylvari for example, but I do not play them. I guess some people prefer to have their weapons look more threatening if you will. I do at least, since at the end of the day, their only purpose is to kill things. To put it in a more humorous way, why kill em with kindness if you can use a hammer?

So I understand this request. I do think the rainbows and unicorn bow hurts my eyes and is a horrible thing that I will never ever use, even if someone gave it to me, but I also do not begrudge others loving it. I think that's how freedom of choice and opinion works. So I'd like the choice of legendary weapons, particularly a bow, that looks more like it was meant to kill things. I see no reason why we can't have that also. When I play tomb raider I love bows and especially the composite ones are cool but these legendary bows are not for me.

I'll be honest, at the moment there isn't a single legendary weapon I would be interested in getting. Not a single one, well maybe the Meteorlogicus. That one I might think about, however, considering the effort, I want to be more excited about such a skin. The reason I don't like the legendary skins to be honest is that they are just too much of something (in my view of course). Too elaborate, too colorful, too shiny. All in all too much. I must of course say that I do not expect to represent anyone else but myself, but if there are more people like me, then perhaps some legendary weapons that look a bit more serious and less flowery or flashy would be welcome as well as an alternative.

On the other hand, not liking the skins does save me a lot of trouble, so I may need to be careful what I ask for, in case I might get it. ;)

Expect to represent me as well =)Still hoping to get a decent GS skin at some point in time. Because even if the legy itself is Shiny McEyecancer, the pres might still look decent.Imho, Shining Blade is a good example, as the second and third precursor look quite nice without all the bling.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

To be honest I think that the two legendary longbows (rainbows/unicorns and flowers) [...]

Minor correction - easy mistake if you haven't found any of them interesting, but there's so far only one Longbow, Kudzu, while the two other legendary bows are shortbows: The Dreamer (unicorns and rainbows, gen 1) and Chuka & Champawat (Tigers, gen 2).

(Maaaaaan I wish C&C had been a longbow!)

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"kurfu.5623" said:Whatever they come up with, they're gonna have a hard time making something cooler looking that this, IMHO:

Yeah, that concerns me as well. Someone suggested an Awakened type bow with a Tar theme, and that seemed like a neat idea. But given the classes that can use a Longbow, and ones that seem like they'd do good with a long bow, I'd think a Mist based theme would cover most of them.

I mostly play Ranger in open world stuff... LB is great for world bosses, etc... I could have made Kudzu a couple of years ago, but it just doesn't appeal to me, been using Azureflame for as long as I can remember.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

To be honest I think that the two legendary longbows (rainbows/unicorns and flowers) [...]

Minor correction - easy mistake if you haven't found any of them interesting, but there's so far only one Longbow, Kudzu, while the two other legendary bows are shortbows: The Dreamer (unicorns and rainbows, gen 1) and Chuka & Champawat (Tigers, gen 2).

(Maaaaaan I wish C&C had been a longbow!)

Ahh yeh, you're right, that unicorn thing is a short bow lol.

Archived