New Race Suggestion

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:Nah, we're good with what we have.

You sound like a politician who "knows" what is "good" for the country or the people without consulting first. A.k.a. following their own agenda pretending it is the peoples'.

For my case: You're right. I'll just stick with my Human Elly and I will not pay extra for a new race. But others may like something new here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:I think it would be very nice if GW2 have elf available for players to select..because right now the only attractive looking race is human... Norm male looks like they're special (if I was norm female I wouldn't even wanna have anything to do with norm male) the norm female looks wayyyy better than male and I'm not sure why the male looks like undeveloped barbarian.... :s

Tree people very ugly IMO...and I'm not interested in mutated dwarf looking asura thing either... cat are alright but they're not very cute or pretty like husky ... Ya please make elf race

Thank you <3

I'm with you bro. The people will rage about and say things like sylavri are the elves of tyria and the lore implication. I say sylavari are plant people that most rpg have using whatever name they feelLike using. And as far as lore goes. The elves traveled thru the mist to get here the same way the SIX brought humans to tyria. Idk maybe thier world is dying and came to tyria for help. And from a technical standpoint I would assume it would be easy to integrate them as they can use the current human models just insert new skin color and pointed ears here. I can't fathom why anyone would even argue about content being brought in that can potentially expand the player base. There are plenty of roleplayers who just simply like elves and for that alone would try a new game. And no bringing elves won't destroy the game. The game will be same just a little more diverse as far as appearances go.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:I think it would be very nice if GW2 have elf available for players to select..because right now the only attractive looking race is human... Norm male looks like they're special (if I was norm female I wouldn't even wanna have anything to do with norm male) the norm female looks wayyyy better than male and I'm not sure why the male looks like undeveloped barbarian.... :s

Tree people very ugly IMO...and I'm not interested in mutated dwarf looking asura thing either... cat are alright but they're not very cute or pretty like husky ... Ya please make elf race

Thank you <3

I'm with you bro. The people will rage about and say things like sylavri are the elves of tyria and the lore implication. I say sylavari are plant people that most rpg have using whatever name they feelLike using. And as far as lore goes. The elves traveled thru the mist to get here the same way the SIX brought humans to tyria. Idk maybe thier world is dying and came to tyria for help. And from a technical standpoint I would assume it would be easy to integrate them as they can use the current human models just insert new skin color and pointed ears here. I can't fathom why anyone would even argue about content being brought in that can potentially expand the player base. There are plenty of roleplayers who just simply like elves and for that alone would try a new game. And no bringing elves won't destroy the game. The game will be same just a little more diverse as far as appearances go.

Because alot of ppl like gw2 because it isn't being dirivitive of tolkins work like 95% of all RPGs ever

@derd.6413 said:

@"Aiponne.7463" said:If there is need for a new race, a catgirl race like the miqo'te from FFXIV would be perfect :DD

We already have catgirls. They're called charr.

Hmm. Miqo'te are
cute
catgirls (or boys, I guess(1)), and Charr are not. (I'd like to see you tell Rox (or Almorra) that she's "cute", although I somehow doubt you'd be able to walk away with your intestines on the
inside
.)

(1) Yes, I know very well that you can create and play a male Miqo'te. I don't understand why you'd
want
to do that, but you can.

A. That was a joke, B. Are you seriously defending putting anime catgirls into gw2? And C. Some girls like cute boys.

For sure I knew it was a joke. And no, I'm not supporting that at all. I'm not, if it can be fit "easily" in the lore(1), opposing it, but I'm not supporting it either. And sure, that's a fair point, I guess. (Having seen the male Miqo'te, I'm not personally sure I'd call them "cute", but that may be just my biases speaking.)

(1) I don't think it can, to be honest.

@TheQuickFox.3826 said:

@"RoseofGilead.8907" said:Nah, we're good with what we have.

You sound like a politician who "knows" what is "good" for the country or the people without consulting first. A.k.a. following their own agenda pretending it is the peoples'.

For my case: You're right. I'll just stick with my Human Elly and I will not pay extra for a new race. But others may like something new here.

We're not arguing whether or not we want a new race, because i feel most people would like one.We're arguing that elf is a terrible choice for a new race when this world has so much more/better to offer

@derd.6413 said:

Thank you <3

Because alot of ppl like gw2 because it isn't being dirivitive of tolkins work like 95% of all RPGs ever

Doesnt tolkins work include such races as Dwarves, trolls, and dragons? I personally like to think people like gw2 because it's a great mmo.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:

Thank you <3

Doesnt tolkins work include such races as Dwarves, trolls, and dragons? I personally like to think people like gw2 because it's a great mmo.

Ppl like gw2's lore because it isn't tolkien.

Dwarves went extinct for being to generic, they at least tried to do something interesting with the elder dragons (more natural disaster then beast), and nobody plays gw2 for the trolls (also pretty sure trolls just share a name with their tolkien counterparts)

(And tolkin is more elves, dwarves and orcs)

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:Nah, we're good with what we have.

We're not arguing whether or not we want a new race, because i feel most people would like one.We're arguing that elf is a terrible choice for a new race when this world has so much more/better to offer

What is MORE/BETTER to offer can you please be more specifi??. If you read what I wrote from the beginning of the post the argument is not just about a new race is about lack of attractive race... and if elf is a horrible choice when it comes to attractive race what other suggestions do you have?

Search function is your friend, my dude, this topic came up a little while back. General community feedback was "no elves" because they are too "generic MMO material" - which is true, they are basic AF.

Create a poll for/against elf implementation and you can have a better idea if you think otherwise.As for the dev side - there are no elves in GW2 lore which makes it even harder to introduce to an already busy ecosystem.

You can say the same about human is too “generic MMO material” but guess what?? GW2 got human!! Thanks for your suggestion and no need to be a smart arss about it.

Thank you! It seems like you’re the only person that gets it! I’m asking for diversity and more choices when it comes to attractiveness race... but many insist on calling some vegetable race elf is quite ridiculous.

Thank you all for commenting on this post and express your thoughts

It is wonderful that many of you enjoy the race you are playing but it wouldn’t kill you to let other people to get the race they want to play too. So don’t need to be so nasty and negative about it when someone simply request a more attractive elf race. I just didn’t want every character I own to be human but it simply feels like that’s my only option if I want my character to be attractive. If elf is too boring for many of you then simply don’t play it if it ever becomes available.

Thanks and have a great day

@Rauderi.8706 said:

it wouldn’t kill you to let other people to get the race they want to play too.

Yeah, like Tengu!Or Skritt!Or any of the other more lore-appropriate, unique, and visually interesting races that are way beyond pointy-ear humans.

I think we have enough unattractive creatures available for players already so elf would be more appropriate to ask for. Plus what you asked for is preexisting so it's not really asking for a new race. If you like them all that much you can feel free to hangout with those NPCs but for people who wants elf we don't even get to hang out with those NPC.

@"crepuscular.9047" said:No, no AND NO

Stop resurrecting zombie topicshttps://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/40283/high-elves/p1https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/35354/new-races-please-and-their-heritage-skins/p1

No, no AND NO right back at you! Why don't you take your negativity somewhere else? And perhaps you can read my previous message because it was addressed to you.

@Plautze.6290 said:Here goes your elf archetype:

Tree-hugging: CheckA little weird behavior: CheckPointy ears: Check

Sylvari address all of your elf-loving needs.

@Oogabooga.3812 said:With the latest update to underwater skills and introduction of swimming infusions, I would hope the new playable race would be Largos, cuz Sayeh is sexy.

So you like chicks with gas masks on...? Uhmkay, I guess.

Strange bark skin: UncheckLeafy Hair (No hair??): UncheckAwfully weird color skin tone: Uncheck

Your argument is not even valid.It's like you're looking at a dog and trying to call it a cat because it both have similar trait but it's clearly different species.

@derd.6413 said:

Thank you <3

Well A LOT of people also requested elves on multiple posts and they are GW2 players so what's your point? It's not like there is only 1 type of player in this game alright.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

Well A LOT of people also requested elves on multiple posts and they are GW2 players so what's your point? It's not like there is only 1 type of player in this game alright.

Tengu get requested a lot more. They have lore, they have presence. Demand for them outweighs any other race brought up. Elf would be a waste of time to even consider when so many other, stronger contenders exist.

The discussion is moot anyway. ANet has no plans to add a new race, because they would have to support them in all the old content and in all the upcoming content, including voice actors (hiring another 12) and armor design (which already takes forever). Trust me when I say, this isn't a hill to die on. Elves ain't happening.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Tengu get requested
a lot
more. They have lore, they have presence. Demand for them outweighs
any
other race brought up. Elf would be a waste of time to even consider when so many other, stronger contenders exist.

The discussion is moot anyway. ANet has no plans to add a new race, because they would have to support them in all the old content
and
in all the upcoming content, including voice actors (hiring another 12) and armor design (which already takes forever). Trust me when I say, this isn't a hill to die on. Elves ain't happening.

Well I didn't say people shouldn't have Tengu did I? but you are clearly shutting me down for my elf idea simply because you don't have your Tengu? It is not that difficult to add new race alright? You don't work ANet probably even speak on their behave. If WOW can release 6 new races for their new upcoming expansion I'm sure it wouldn't kill ANet to add 2 popular requested race.

As for supporting old content; I don't recall having any tree people in GW1, so I'm sure if they can come up with that race they will be able to squeeze elf in there somehow. Since you don't work for Anet you don't need to worry about HOW they will make that happen or trash other people's ideas.

@Tom Hsiao.9705 said:

Tengu get requested
a lot
any
other race brought up. Elf would be a waste of time to even consider when so many other, stronger contenders exist.

The discussion is moot anyway. ANet has no plans to add a new race, because they would have to support them in all the old content
and
in all the upcoming content, including voice actors (hiring another 12) and armor design (which already takes forever). Trust me when I say, this isn't a hill to die on. Elves ain't happening.

Well I didn't say people shouldn't have Tengu did I? but you are clearly shutting me down for my elf idea simply because you don't have your Tengu? It is not that difficult to add new race alright? You don't work ANet probably even speak on their behave. If WOW can release 6 new races for their new upcoming expansion I'm sure it wouldn't kill ANet to add 2 popular requested race.

As for supporting old content; I don't recall having any tree people in GW1, so I'm sure if they can come up with that race they will be able to squeeze elf in there somehow. Since you don't work for Anet you don't need to worry about HOW they will make that happen or trash other people's ideas.

Wow. Just.. wow. The level of ... whatever that is completely staggers me.Any professional coder or project manager would give you the double-bird for saying that out of such a well of entitlement. And that is not a word I use lightly.

The reality of the situation is we can barely get new armor skins for the races we have, and that is cited by ANet, and you want work to go into making a generic, ill-fitting race that's in every other game and barely anyone wants? That it would take hours and hours of voice acting to get up to speed on three waves of content and re-fit every armor skin and make cultural skins and re-fit every outfit on a team that's nowhere near as big as WoW's budget, tech, or team size?

We are much better served by committing resources more of the players will use and enjoy rather than pandering to something that can be gotten elsewhere.And again, the reality is we're not going to see a new race anytime soon. I'm sure someone can cite the ANet post that mentions it.

Thank you <3

HarpiesNo one has done it yet and GW2 has cool Harpies

@Rauderi.8706 said:

Tengu get requested
a lot
any

and

Wow. Just.. wow. The level of ... whatever that is completely staggers me.Any professional coder or project manager would give you the double-bird for saying that out of such a well of entitlement. And that is not a word I use lightly.

The reality of the situation is we can barely get new armor skins
for the races we have
, and that is
cited by ANet
, and you want work to go into making a generic, ill-fitting race that's in every other game and barely anyone wants? That it would take
hours and hours
of voice acting to get up to speed on
three waves of content
and re-fit
every armor skin
and
make cultural skins
and
re-fit every outfit
on a team that's nowhere near as big as WoW's budget, tech, or team size?

We are much better served by committing resources more of the players will use and enjoy rather than pandering to something that can be gotten elsewhere.And again, the reality is we're not going to see a new race anytime soon. I'm sure someone can cite the ANet post that mentions it.

If elf race is "barely anyone wants" perhaps it wouldn't be requested in multiple posts, if you even bother to scroll up a little you would see some reference.

I'm not quite sure who you are referring as "WE" because you are not speaking for me or anyone else.So it sounded more like "you are much better served by committing resources you will use and enjoy rather than pandering to something that others will enjoy".

I think it's great to express your opinions however it is extremely rude to trash other people's suggestions. You don't see me saying anything negative about the other 2 races that you want so I don't know why you are trashing my suggestions by calling elf generic, ill-fitting race and waste of time to even consider.

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:Can OP just accept that their "elf request" isn't that popular and stop being rude to other posters.

"@Tom Hsiao.9705"If you're that hellbent on proving your point, make a balanced poll and see how the public responds.

Rude to other posters? have you seen the responses I'm getting from people who are against elf? Those words are actually personally attacking me and all I am doing is just suggesting a race that I (and some others who have expressed their interest in other posts) would enjoy playing.

As for the balance poll if you think that would make you feel happier or more superior by trash my suggestions please feel free to make that balance poll.

The major problem with your suggestion, Tom, aside from all the non values Elves give to this game in particular, is that you base all your reasoning on the extremely subjective idea that other races are unattractive. Sorry to pop your bubble, but this is NOT TRUE. They may not be attractive to you. Specifically to you. Maybe other people share your tastes and just want to play elves no matter what or where. But they don't seem to be a strong trend in this game, so your subjective argument doesn't even have crowd support. Do you have any objective reason for your suggestion, like other people have put here to negate the inclusion of elves (or in some cases, any new race).Sell the idea, make it about something valuable for everyone, not only about you, and maybe people will listen.

Archived