Why the cry on no downstate?

foxtrot.6902

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There a good number of class skills and treats that become worthless with no downstate. Maybe if they let you rez ppl full down in combat it would not be so bad (also let function gyro rez full down as well) but that not how wvw works.

What ends up happening the team who is closes to the fight will win out though simply being able to get back into the fight sooner then the other team due to no means of getting back up after you have die in a fight.

Im looking forward to this weekend. It means the first one to push basically wins, no more guilds 'backpeddling' like scaredy cats afraid to go in first over the pirate ship line.

Go deep or go home is gonna be this weeks motto. Anything in between will result with you at spawn and thats perfectly ok.

@Feanor.2358 said:

@"foxtrot.6902" said:Been seeing a lot of Q_Q on the no downstate and just curious why?

To me it seems like a nice equalizer when your group/zerg/pack is out massively out numbered. Can't be carried by the zerg as easily.

Wanna jump into that 1 v 2+ and you die? Bummer you deserved it lol> hard raise for you.

The only real "down" side I can see is for that poor one person that runs into a zerg and trying to get away into a Tower/Keep and uses every cool down but dies to conditions behind the gates. Then I feel for ya, you made it that far and massively out numbered.

That's not the only downside. It's a severe disadvantage for the glassier builds. Imagine if it turned permanent? Everyone would be pretty much forced to go tankier, which would make the zerg fights stale and tedious.

There is a balance. The tankier the builds (less dmg), the more glass I can and will play. Not that I can go any more glass than I currently do though.

Yeah, I'm playing full zerk ele, and that's as glass as you can get. The problem is, I
do
get downed sometimes and rallying really helps. And it's extremely easy to get downed on this build, basically all it takes is a single mistake.

Ya try marauders. Berserker staff ele shouldn't even be played in wvw. The same with Thief and Guardian which are generally not played without +hp already.

11k base hp for those 3 classes should really be increased to 13.5k tbh. Perhaps even made the same as medium hp classes.

So swap my stats every time I go in and out of WvW?

I assume that you are an experienced player/ele and so yes I would imagine you would have multiple sets of ascended gear. Different gear sets for wvw and pve are likely the norm.

I have legendary gear, but it is still too much of a hassle. I would use different stats for WvW/PvE if I could spec it once, like I can spec traits and utilities separately for the two modes. But switching every time, no.

ArcDPS -> Build Templates, hit one button, takes like 10 seconds to switch stats and runes and everything for Legendary equipment and your build.

@Klypto.1703 said:Maybe they will turn it off when no one shows up for the reset. Which is bound to be the method of protest used by just about every server that doesn't mist ele thru that portal.

That's not happening - maybe if they didn't ALSO put bonuses for the week, you'd see a little protest, but since they're adding bonuses... WvW will be busy all week.

@Feanor.2358 said:So swap my stats every time I go in and out of WvW?yay :D i have 20 chars just for wvw .. where i have equip / build exactly on purpose and somebody have problem switching equip on main character ?Do you really play wvw.... or just talk about it and maximum what you do is daily ?

Anyway.... you can die with glass char really fast.... 2 meteors .... or 2 cor and you dead.

Im planning to stick more to hammer rev coz range pirate ship will be stronger now but not that much for playing weaver...best will be ball of minstrel guards... tank scourges... and some tankier hammer revs (frontline version over glass cor spammer)

@intox.6347 said:

@"Feanor.2358" said:So swap my stats every time I go in and out of WvW?yay :D i have 20 chars just for wvw .. where i have equip / build exactly on purpose and somebody have problem switching equip on main character ?Do you really play wvw.... or just talk about it and maximum what you do is daily ?

Anyway.... you can die with glass char really fast.... 2 meteors .... or 2 cor and you dead.

Im planning to stick more to hammer rev coz range pirate ship will be stronger now but not that much for playing weaver...best will be ball of minstrel guards... tank scourges... and some tankier hammer revs (frontline version over glass cor spammer)

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Currently I have no problem playing full zerk weaver. Sure, a hammer rev can one-shot me and lots of other stuff can kill me almost as fast. So what? It spices things up and I actually have a fair chance to rally or escape. But only as long as there's downstate. Remove that and running full glass changes from "somewhat snowflaky" to "outright bad choice". It simply becomes better to run tankier builds, but that's no fun for me.

For the record, I'm rank ~750. Not hardcore veteran, but not someone who only does dailies either.

@"Feanor.2358" said:That's exactly what I'm talking about. Currently I have no problem playing full zerk weaver. Sure, a hammer rev can one-shot me and lots of other stuff can kill me almost as fast. So what? It spices things up and I actually have a fair chance to rally or escape. But only as long as there's downstate. Remove that and running full glass changes from "somewhat snowflaky" to "outright bad choice". It simply becomes better to run tankier builds, but that's no fun for me.

For the record, I'm rank ~750. Not hardcore veteran, but not someone who only does dailies either.

im hardcore veteran... playing on eu and na. But sometimes i get to downstate really fast... mostly by cor... i dont see properly in all that clutter... and dead.Im playing weaver too ... i have variant with marauder, zerk, valkyrie mixed... but chokepoint pushes... or heavy keep/garri / sm fights are too much to handle sometimes... ele downstate is mostly lifesaver... coz of mistform. With no downstate.... is dps ele for sure not viable option ...

All will look more tanky.... viable to sustain burst and heal up.... and pick enemy on range or full dive into them.Also ppl will switch few of their jewel for soldier or something tanky... to be sure :DSo if you have some spare soldier jewels.... u can have your dps set ... but change few jewels.... also some utilities.... get on bar lighting flash, mist form, armor of earth ....

@Gwaihir.1745 said:

Im looking forward to this weekend. It means the first one to push basically wins, no more guilds 'backpeddling' like scaredy cats afraid to go in first over the pirate ship line.

Go deep or go home is gonna be this weeks motto. Anything in between will result with you at spawn and thats perfectly ok.

It'll be the opposite. The blob who pushes first will hit the enemy bomb first and die on the spot instead of getting ressed by the backline following. Lay your traps and range bomb while backpedaling the enemy into the death zone. Pirate ship will rule the day.

@coro.3176 said:Well I'm looking forward to it, but to give you an idea of what people might be complaining about..

A lot of fights go something like this:

• Me & an ally come across ~4 enemies.
  • Enemies all target my ally. He goes down, but we also get 1 of them down.
  • I use function gyro to stomp the downed enemy while defending my ally from getting stomped with cc, blinds, stealth, etc.
  • Stomped enemy rallys my teammate and we repeat the process until they're dead. Hooray. We won a 2v4.

Now imagine that scenario with no downed state.

The 2 of us come across 4 enemies. They kill one of us. We kill one of them. Now it's a 1v3. That's a lot more difficult to pull off.

I mean, It'll still be a fun week. It just takes a lot of complexity away from small engagements and removes Scrapper's class mechanic entirely.

I don't know. For me I got excited because as a solo roamer, I constantly run into 1vx situations. In a 1v2, there have been many times where I down one of them. But due to the insane damage hitting me and lack of stability or stealth, I can't finish off the downed player. But now with this, I have a chance and that seems so fun.

@coro.3176 said:Well I'm looking forward to it, but to give you an idea of what people might be complaining about..

• I use function gyro to stomp the downed enemy while defending my ally from getting stomped with cc, blinds, stealth, etc.
  • Stomped enemy rallys my teammate and we repeat the process until they're dead. Hooray. We won a 2v4.

The 2 of us come across 4 enemies. They kill one of us. We kill one of them. Now it's a 1v3. That's a lot more difficult to pull off.

I mean, It'll still be a fun week. It just takes a lot of complexity away from small engagements and removes Scrapper's class mechanic entirely.

stop with this already.

@Mikali.9651 said:

stop with this already.

No u?

Maybe we should remove other class mechanics next week. That'd be fun. Let's have a no-full-counter week or a no-mirage-cloak week.

@coro.3176 said:

stop with this already.

No u?

Maybe we should remove other class mechanics next week. That'd be fun. Let's have a no-full-counter week or a no-mirage-cloak week.

Dude.. I'd buy a pass to play a No-Stealth Week.

@coro.3176 said:

stop with this already.

No u?

Is one week of a special event really going to destroy your entire GW2 experience? Like, truly? Just play a different build if your normal one relies so much on function gyro to be effective - which it shouldn't. This isn't going to be permanent, there is too much invested in finishers. Just enjoy the game.

@Turk.5460 said:

stop with this already.

No u?

Is one week of a special event
really
going to destroy your entire GW2 experience? Like, truly? Just play a different build if your normal one relies so much on function gyro to be effective - which it
shouldn't
. This isn't going to be permanent, there is too much invested in finishers. Just enjoy the game.

See the first line of my post: "Well I'm looking forward to it, but..."

It'll be fun, for sure. It'd also be fun to have a week with no Full Counter or a week with no Mirage cloak.

Archived