ROLLER BEETLES incoming! Are you ready?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Aramus.8143 said:500 to 750 gold.

I actually think it will be free, as I expect there will be story gated behind it. Also it makes more sense for it to be free so that everyone then has one, which means more gem store sales of Beetle skins in the future.

Path of Fire story was gated by atleast owning a Springer (to gather crystals and jump the Forged gate in Desert Highlands), and owning a Skimmer (to reach the first, Lost Forgotten City). Those mounts weren’t free. ^^

@steinnovels.9675 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Since this mount will be needed to traverse the new map and any further maps in LS4, it
should
follow a price point the main mounts had, affordable but not too cheap. I'm guessing between 20-50g with it's own mastery like the other mounts.Other than that, I can't wait for it! I wonder what sort of luxury skins are in the works for it. /ponder

I see a charr motorcycle in our future.

A Charr biker gang. Hmm, Biker outfit in TP soon?

Why only Charr? That's racist! :pMy human wants to be part of the Charrley Davidson Gang as well!And yeah, biker outfit would be awesome. ANet, please make it happen!

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Going from past experiences with LS releases, I expect the mount to be this episodes mastery and thus being limited to this map only but I hope that this will not be the case. If it is limited to Kourna it will most likely not cost 250g, if it isn't it might have a higher price but I doubt that it will cost more than 50g.One more thing that makes this mount, the special mount or a mount unlike the others are the skins. They already sold so many mountskins for the five we got with PoF and I doubt they will retroactively add the rollerbeetle to the bundles they sold like the festival ones or the inquest set. I hope that there will be skins nonetheless and that their aquisition is tied to things we do on the map, i.e. achievements, currencies, NPCs, events, what ever this episode will be revovlving around.

Anyways, we can talk about it when it's released. But I'm curious how ANet handles this one and can't wait to see the new map, story and fractal.

@navystylz.9745 said:No. Not excited. People only do legendary bounties in PoF. Just an expansion I rather avoid for it's asinine design and inability to get a lot of stuff done because no one likes these zones.

People do all the content in PoF. With an exception for very few events you can solo all of the maps and their content, what's the problem? Oh right, that doesn't sound very good when trying to make a negative point

@Plautze.6290 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Since this mount will be needed to traverse the new map and any further maps in LS4, it
should
follow a price point the main mounts had, affordable but not too cheap. I'm guessing between 20-50g with it's own mastery like the other mounts.Other than that, I can't wait for it! I wonder what sort of luxury skins are in the works for it. /ponder

Why only Charr? That's racist! :pMy human wants to be part of the Charrley Davidson Gang as well!And yeah, biker outfit would be awesome. ANet, please make it happen!

Look at almost any biker gang or popular depiction there of, now turn them into Charr. Now try that with Sylvari, doesn't quite work, not enough Canachs in the lot. Now Norn..... by the bear, they are all bikers. The tattoos, the leather everything, and the beards, by the six the beards.

For anyone that wears male outfits, there's the Exemplar Attire Outfit. Not the best, but it can do until we get something better. And yes, I too want a biker-ish outfit now. But maybe we should make a new thread to request it?

As for the beetle mount, we're not sure if it will have any mastery line of its own. It's likely just the latest step in the LS4 mastery line. Or, it could be that we don't "get" one, we just borrow them from stables in the area and they return when we dismount. No mastery required, it adds a challenge to using them when you can't just call them up when you get to where you need them, and it offers the chance for a consumable item that summons one to be sold.

(I don't think they'll do that last part, but let's keep our expectations from getting away with us for the next 24 hours, please.)

I know I am. In fact, after the trailer dropped, I halted my map completion progress in case the roller beetle becomes the fastest land mount--even if it means that they maneuver like a cruise ship.

@Tails.9372 said:

I was hoping for an underwater mount, the beetle doesn't seem to do anything special other then getting rid of a map gimmick.

I'm still hoping that the beetle interacts with mobs, somehow, like knocking them back like a bulldozer, as I mentioned in another thread.

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

I kind of think the krait chests and swimming infusions were Anet's answer to the underwater mounts demand. At least for now.

Yeah. :anguished: Not to mention the buff to the skimmer's movement speed above water.

@"TheGrimm.5624" said:I am hoping that there is an update tomorrow, I must have missed where its stated that we will get one. I don't remember the trailer saying its the 6/26, but did I miss something?

“Living World Season 4 rolls onward on 26 June! Watch the trailer for Episode 3, “Long Live the Lich.”https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/news/watch-the-trailer-for-episode-3-of-living-world-season-4/

And it says this date at the end of the trailer. You may join the hype train.

@"castlemanic.3198" said:I have incessantly logged on and off because I'm so excited about the roller beetle and I cannot wait.

But I hope to god it's not like the griffon. It really should just be treated like the other ground mounts, since it follows similar mechanics and movement styles to the other mounts. Griffons are wholly unique because of their ability to fly across the entire map in less than a minute if you got to a high enough place and being the glider mount, but faster. Though I'd be fine with a scavenger hunt type deal too, but just not a 250 gold sink.

I am just hoping it is basically the mastery for the zone so we earn it fast. Not "do the entire story then do a then do b then do c then ...".

dang, this would be actually the only reason i have to like PoF... still i wont buy it.. .lolWill be better for the eyes to see players(much better) using those rollers than the childish buinny mount... i really hate that thing.

Hope Anet, continue to add mounts within this genra, maybe someday they will add mounts based on race.

My guess is the mount will be story driven then unlocked and free or a very small fee. It'll not be 250, 500, or 750 Anet is greedy yes but not evil or mischievous.I don't think they took 4 months to this just so it'll take you 2 months to save for it or play the map with it. As with all mounts it'll also have access to all maps. B)

@lokh.2695 said:Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Going from past experiences with LS releases, I expect the mount to be this episodes mastery and thus being limited to this map only but I hope that this will not be the case. If it is limited to Kourna it will most likely not cost 250g, if it isn't it might have a higher price but I doubt that it will cost more than 50g.One more thing that makes this mount, the special mount or a mount unlike the others are the skins. They already sold so many mountskins for the five we got with PoF and I doubt they will retroactively add the rollerbeetle to the bundles they sold like the festival ones or the inquest set. I hope that there will be skins nonetheless and that their aquisition is tied to things we do on the map, i.e. achievements, currencies, NPCs, events, what ever this episode will be revovlving around.

Anyways, we can talk about it when it's released. But I'm curious how ANet handles this one and can't wait to see the new map, story and fractal.

Fifty is a good guess as I see this being the equivalent of a jackal: usable everywhere to get around but a special mechanic on some maps. Probably less than 50 unless they will add the breakaway walls to earlier maps.

@Plautze.6290 said:

should

Charrley Davidsson you mean? Sounds like a charr and norn law firm. ;)

Archived