The Tyrian Service Medal - Anet, you need to fix this in Orr

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Haleydawn.3764 said:It’s not a terrible collection, the events are terrible. There could have been better events/criteria to use for this achievement, but no, it just had to be the Temples of Orr. There’s no system behind them. No timers. No payoff for defending, it’s always been more rewarding to fail a defence to then retake the Temple.The temples in Orr have needed a revamp for years now. You can’t farm the pre-events or the events themselves, mobs die far too quickly, no matter how much it’s scaled up, to even hit them let alone to get anything from them. The bosses are squishy meat sacks when “scaled up” and they’re not dangerous.It hasn’t been rewarding to play in Orr since Karma was nerfed!

BUT, this achievement will get done eventually, I’ve done the LLtL meta achievement, so I don’t need it for the completion of that atleast.

well it is when they taking this events into the collection.

i'm standing at Grenth since 40min. Nobody nows when it starts, they are arguing in the chat to defend or fail and retake.somebody said it could take 2 hours between the events. 5*2h standing around. wow what a great design.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:It’s not a terrible collection,
the events
are terrible. There could have been better events/criteria to use for this achievement, but no, it just had to be the Temples of Orr. There’s no system behind them. No timers. No payoff for defending, it’s always been more rewarding to fail a defence to then retake the Temple.The temples in Orr have needed a revamp for years now. You can’t farm the pre-events or the events themselves, mobs die far too quickly, no matter how much it’s scaled up, to even hit them let alone to get anything from them. The bosses are squishy meat sacks when “scaled up” and they’re not dangerous.It hasn’t been rewarding to play in Orr since Karma was nerfed!

BUT, this achievement will get done eventually, I’ve done the LLtL meta achievement, so I don’t need it for the completion of that atleast.

i'm standing at Grenth since 40min. Nobody nows when it starts, they are arguing in the chat to defend or fail and retake.somebody said it could take 2 hours between the events. 5*2h standing around. wow what a great design.

I think you misinterpreted what I wrote, or didn’t quite read it well. I’m agreeing that this achievement sucks, but it’s because of how the events are in Orr, and nothing else.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:It’s not a terrible collection,
the events
are terrible. There could have been better events/criteria to use for this achievement, but no, it just had to be the Temples of Orr. There’s no system behind them. No timers. No payoff for defending, it’s always been more rewarding to fail a defence to then retake the Temple.The temples in Orr have needed a revamp for years now. You can’t farm the pre-events or the events themselves, mobs die far too quickly, no matter how much it’s scaled up, to even hit them let alone to get anything from them. The bosses are squishy meat sacks when “scaled up” and they’re not dangerous.It hasn’t been rewarding to play in Orr since Karma was nerfed!

GW2timer will make it so you dont have to wait honestly you can do other stuff while the event is reloading!

@Dante.1763 said:GW2timer will make it so you dont have to wait honestly you can do other stuff while the event is reloading!

what timers? there are no timers on gw2timer for this events.if this is true what players write in map chat its even not possible with megaservers.

and if your map hoping you can get to another map with a complete different timer.

@Stalkingwolf.6035 said:

@Dante.1763 said:GW2timer will make it so you dont have to wait honestly you can do other stuff while the event is reloading!

what timers? there are no timers on gw2timer for this events.if this is true what players write in map chat its even not possible with megaservers.

and if your map hoping you can get to another map with a complete different timer.

Aw forgive me, i forgot they removed the set time for it ^^ sorry

@RoseofGilead.8907 said:

@"Zaklex.6308" said:I'm going to say the people that claim to have gotten it from the defense event "think" they did, but in all honesty they were present for the capture and that is what they got it from, it just happened to pop up after the defend event because of...the internet.

Well, you're wrong on that. I don't know or think all defense events count, but I know for a fact that some do. Successful Grenth defense counted for me, successful Dwayna defense (specifically the one where you kill the champ risen lieutenant) counted for me, and failed Lyssa defense counted for quite a few who tagged it when I was there (I didn't tag so I didn't get credit). Some have claimed that successful Melandru defense does count, but I haven't seen that one myself and thus can't say one way or the other. I've only seen one or two people say Balthazar defense counts.

So yeah, some do give credit. But it's all an inconsistent mess.

The problem seems in that the achievement is not tied to the defence/capture event itself, but to some specific mob in that event (with the sole exception of balthasar capture event, which is not tied to the champion, but rather somehow to the participation in the pre chain). Usually the champ/legendary that appears during it. You tag it, you get credit. Problem is, during defence events that tag threshold seems a bit high. There are always 2-3 people that get the achievement, but everyone else gets nothing. So, only capture seems relatively consistent....again, with the exception of Balthasar temple capture, that seems to award achievements or not depending on some really convoluted and unclear criteria. I mean, i've got that achi during capture circle pre, while on a longbow ranger, when an ele next to me, dropping aoes all around and killing more mobs than i did got nothing.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Maybe the issue with players not getting credit for defense events is that because the champ dies so quickly, those players don’t do enough to get credit for the achievement.The credit seems to require a lot more than 1% damage done (more lile 5% or 10%). Which means, with 50 players pounding on that boss, maybe one or two will get lucky. Or maybe noone.

Agree with the OP and @Thefarside.2178. There isn't a clear understanding of this event: people get the achievement sometimes for the defense, sometimes for the capture, but there's always someone who thinks to know how it works and yells at people for defending a temple.I participated in the defense of all of them and I got the credit for all but Dwayna.

Wasting 1 hour and a half for an event that lasts 2 minutes without a clear timer, it really sucks. You can't even go afk, and even going to the toilet is risky, since the legendary is killed in 10 seconds with that amount of players.

@"Urud.4925" said:Wasting 1 hour and a half for an event that lasts 2 minutes without a clear timer, it really sucks. You can't even go afk, and even going to the toilet is risky, since the legendary is killed in 10 seconds with that amount of players.

Happened to me yesterday. I went to have a smoke after waiting for 3 1/2 hours and when I come back I get greeted by a "you missed it dude"And now I still need that frickin' Dwayna Temple.

Still waiting for the events to happen....ANet pls either fix these events and put them on the event timer or, if you can't for some reason, acknowledge the fact and keep them off these collections. We told you numerous times how boring and frustrating this kitten is, why you still shove it down our throats...

@Urud.4925 said:Agree with the OP and @Thefarside.2178. There isn't a clear understanding of this event: people get the achievement sometimes for the defense, sometimes for the capture, but there's always someone who thinks to know how it works and yells at people for defending a temple.I participated in the defense of all of them and I got the credit for all but Dwayna.Dwayna is definitely a problem. Participated in a ton of defenses here (after i realized they are simply not going to fail, none was even close). There are always 2-3 people that claim they got achi for succesful defense, but for all others, no matter what we do, nothing happens.One of the people that got achi for succesful defense was actually afk for the whole of it, and didn't even get close to the priestess.Basically, it's magic. Dark magic. Very, very dark.

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:The quality of LW is going down with every release this season.. in my opinion cos that is all it is..

There fixed that for you.

I quite like the map, I like the beetle for its superspeed and yeah sure there are some bugs that are getting fixed and temple events have always been a bugfest or a toxic swamp.

Some people just never like to take positives from anything I guess.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:The quality of LW is going down with every release this season.. in my opinion cos that is all it is..

I quite like the map, I like the beetle for its superspeed and yeah sure there are some bugs that are getting fixed and temple events have always been a bugfest or a toxic swamp.

Your positive experience is nothing more but an opinion aswell. What's more, pointing this out is redundant because anything posted here that doesn't come from arenanet or links to their announcements has no objective value or any consequence for things to happen. You should know it by now :)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Your positive experience is nothing more but an opinion aswell. What's more, pointing this out is redundant because anything posted here that doesn't come from arenanet or links to their announcements has no objective value or any consequence for things to happen. You should know it by now :)

Of course that was my opinion.. hence I wrote it accordingly, rather than using a blanket statement thinking I spoke for everyone.. huge difference.. huuuge.As for the rest of your statement, I have no idea what you are talking about.. what do you feel is redundant in my reply or has no consequence for things to happen cos as far as I can tell things are happening, bugs are being fixed, temple events achievs have been altered but are buggy still... and yes I know by now these things will be fixed.Granted, what I don't know is what your on about 99% of the time.

Ok, just to add some (probably obvious, sorry) info:yesterday, after waiting for Dwayna slightly more than 1 hour and a half, I managed to convince everyone to abort the defense (a mentor tag was already gathering people for it). Many other players there complained that the defense didn't work for them, and sometimes also for Lyssa.

It seemed impossible to stop everyone from attacking the Risen, until I asked someone to explain it in German: guys, people stopped and the event failed. It was a great moment and I really enjoyed the event and the following re-capture.So, important tip: if people seem to ignore what are you saying in map chat, stop yelling at them. Some of them don't speak English, it's not their fault. Try to explain it in German/French/the main language of your server.

So far, Dwayna (and even safer, both temples in Malchor's Leap) give the achievement on the capture only. The other 3 seem quite safe even with the defense.

@"Urud.4925" said:Ok, just to add some (probably obvious, sorry) info:yesterday, after waiting for Dwayna slightly more than 1 hour and a half, I managed to convince everyone to abort the defense (a mentor tag was already gathering people for it). Many other players there complained that the defense didn't work for them, and sometimes also for Lyssa.

It seemed impossible to stop everyone from attacking the Risen, until I asked someone to explain it in German: guys, people stopped and the event failed. It was a great moment and I really enjoyed the event and the following re-capture.So, important tip: if people seem to ignore what are you saying in map chat, stop yelling at them. Some of them don't speak English, it's not their fault. Try to explain it in German/French/the main language of your server.

So far, Dwayna (and even safer, both temples in Malchor's Leap) give the achievement on the capture only. The other 3 seem quite safe even with the defense.

Dwayna and Lyssa also work on Defense. I think for some players its a "mob tagging" issue.i ran a condi build on balthasar pre, didn´t get the achievment.

ANeT, if you are going to make an achievement reliant on events in older maps please adjust the timer. You are literally WASTING players time and patience by forcing them to wait until an event eventually spawns. I've been at Grenth for over an hour now. WASTE.

@"sigur.9453" said:Dwayna and Lyssa also work on Defense. I think for some players its a "mob tagging" issue.i ran a condi build on balthasar pre, didn´t get the achievment.

Just got the collection item for Grenth on a not successful defense as well. This whole collection seems to be rather inconsistent/buggy. If it is intentional that you get the items for defense events as well, it should work for all temples (and maybe also should be stated in the collection item descriptions).

If it isn't intentional that you get them for defense events, I really don't know what else to say... After all those years of people complaining about making (defense) event fails a requirement for collections of all sorts, it would be sad to know there are still people at ANet who are not aware of that being an issue with how the temple events currently work...

Archived