Rifle skills slow and low damage output both Warrior and Engineer.

Texas.4861

@Texas.4861 said:Rifle skills on both the Warrior and Engineer are slow and do not do as much damage as a single handed weapons. Sometimes as a Warrior you need a ranged weapon especially when certain targets either fly or do damage the closer you get. The Long bow is my ranged weapon of choice due the speed of its skill and damage output. The Rifle needs to shoot a little faster and do more damage per hit.

I totally agree, everytime I said that in balance someone came and said it's false. Sorry but it's true, the damages dealt and the coodown is outrageous. Sure you can boost your rifle as holo but try playing it as core. Warrior is the worst. I really think one of the traitline should include reduced rifle skills recharge and increase damage dealt.The recharge is so long.... us engie doesn't even have weapons swap. I would rather sacrifice elixir gun, scrap kit and mines to have weapons swap and turn grenades/bombs into F skills. (When used one of those two kits, all your f skills are replaced by kit skills allowing you to still use your weapon skillls in addition.) Swap is more than helpful, you're an holo, you must range fiou! Rifle, you need CC fiou! Sword shield! Can be applied to scrapper too, same thing. The way kits and turrets are clunky need a revamp, the idea I said above, turning your f skills into kit skills would make the core class more dynamic.You only have to activate/deactivate kits, would change nothing.

anything engi is under performing, it seriously needs a complete overhaul so it is somewhat useful again.they suck in damage horribly (even a thief survives better), their weapons are weak at best and with the lack of weapon swap it depends way to much on kits which btw is a horrible mechanic.

• 4 weeks later...

bumping back up.....The Rifles Damage output is now the highest then any other weapon, but its distance, the choice of skills rate of fire is stall way to low along with the rechargeof its skills. TY for bumping up damage The Predator 1035-1265 most other weapons like Twilight Greatsword 1045-1155.. a little better but still... The Engineer has no other long ranger weapons, At least the warriors has less LONGBOW for more distance.

@Texas.4861 said:bumping back up.....The Rifles Damage output is now the highest then any other weapon, but its distance, the choice of skills rate of fire is stall way to low along with the rechargeof its skills. TY for bumping up damage The Predator 1035-1265 most other weapons like Twilight Greatsword 1045-1155.. a little better but still... The Engineer has no other long ranger weapons, At least the warriors has less LONGBOW for more distance.

Mortar kit aint long range enough?

The engi rifle at least has its place in pvp builds, it is on the side of utility but that is not bad for some weapons a video game shotgun identity is needed on that one, on the other hand we have the warrior rifle which doesn't have purpose it is not utility weapon it is damage weapon but it deals less power damage than its condi counterpart the longbow. I don't get it is just pointless, it has nothing on longbow, which is the go to condi pve weapon, it can be even average in a pvp condi build, Rifle needs whole build to support it and at that point why not just play deadeye. I wish rifle was acting more like assault rifle lower range but bit more damage, the aimed shot should be reworked cause it doesn't fit much warrior, grenade shot or something like that(gunflame covers this nice), another gripe i have is the dodge skill brutal shot you do an attack and then after 3/4 seconds do a dodge, like why defenses should be twitch reaction move and after the obvious animation of the dodge people would notice it coming and dodge, block or even interrupt the last part of the skill.