Oct 2nd patch

Dragana.1497

Lol I'd be really upset if I wasn't already having fun in destiny 2 (punching things is life). This is a good patch for pvers but yet again underwelming for PvP. They don't address weak spots in the builds at all.

Couple notes gs training is 10 sec icd a lower one would've been dope

Windborne notes in PvP with menders gear and leadership runes does 266 one time heal, so its basically a one shot regeneration. The only way you could spam is if you went core ws/bm/nm and even then why. Any other case your ebtter off just using the much more game changer rugged growth.

The lead the win would've been cool if we could actually do something with swiftness like had a trait that gave us supper speed every time we gained swiftness with an icd but nopes.

Bhwhahhsa just realized they even forgot two traits the sb gm and druid minor (woulve been cool for druids but nope)

Yay dagger is still a meme. (PvP)

Welp back off to ds2 (on PC, my name is whiskey127 if anyone wants to roll.

Hope they actually do a real ranger pass. Check y'all later

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Levetty.1279 said:It is a bunch of nerfs, the one buff was to the trait for our weakest weapons (daggers) and that ties back in to both boring passive stat buffs and weaker in PvE. The entire patch was a massive step in the wrong direction for Rangers. If Anet's answer is to just drop the class and play another then they can give me a class respec option for my Ranger.There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it, while 120 ferocity while swapping your set is worth the trade 10/10 times. The patch didn't aim to make huge changes or buffs, it aimed to make weapon traits benefit you when you swap aswell, normalizing it across the board. Yes, Winter's Bite should be aoe baseline, yes, the axe skills should be unsplit. But that wasn't the point of this mini patch.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Lol I'd be really upset if I wasn't already having fun in destiny 2 (punching things is life). This is a good patch for pvers but yet again underwelming for PvP. They don't > Bhwhahhsa just realized they even forgot two traits the sb gm and druid minor (woulve been cool for druids but nope)No, you just failed to see the point of the patch. Both the shortbow and the staff trait have effects that aren't dependent on the weapon.

@Substance E.4852 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I like the Strider's Defense change. It's just really hard to find room for Skirmishing, especially in a Soulbeast build.

There's honestly still no real reason in pve. You just get too much damage from both marks and beast after the changes that also nerfed spotter. I wish it weren't the case since it would be really fun with a greatsword.

This is such a non- issue. In group content that quickness won't do you anything anyway, and in open world pve you might aswell run skirmishing over marksmanship anyway to get 100 % crit chance without group buffs while still using your regular "zerk and scholar" gear.

Skirmishing and marksmanship both have problems, but the former still has a spot in two out of the three regular pve ranger meta builds (druid and condi).

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Levetty.1279 said:It is a bunch of nerfs, the one buff was to the trait for our weakest weapons (daggers) and that ties back in to both boring passive stat buffs and weaker in PvE. The entire patch was a massive step in the wrong direction for Rangers. If Anet's answer is to just drop the class and play another then they can give me a class respec option for my Ranger.There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it, while 120 ferocity while swapping your set is worth the trade 10/10 times. The patch didn't aim to make huge changes or buffs, it aimed to make weapon traits benefit you when you swap aswell, normalizing it across the board. Yes, Winter's Bite should be aoe baseline, yes, the axe skills should be unsplit. But that wasn't the point of this
mini
patch.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Lol I'd be really upset if I wasn't already having fun in destiny 2 (punching things is life). This is a good patch for pvers but yet again underwelming for PvP. They don't > Bhwhahhsa just realized they even forgot two traits the sb gm and druid minor (woulve been cool for druids but nope)No, you just failed to see the point of the patch. Both the shortbow and the staff trait have effects that aren't dependent on the weapon.

Actually I was wrong about the shortbow trait.

The druid trait only works with no staff when you go cele form and judgeing on how the tooltip is read, I bet it was bugged and never fixed. (And the game reads cele form as a weapon swap to staff)

It should be a 18 sec CD on weapon swap daze foes. If you wanted to make it completely independent from staff.

@Vlad Morbius.1759 said:Ranger....range...how hard is it to comprehend? This LB change was completely unnecessary in PvE! Straight up horrible for the LB, what in the hell were you thinking?

More like, how hard is it to comprehend that ranger does not come from range as in weapon range but from range <=> landscape?

This patch is a straight buff except a not noticeable 10 ferocity on axe only builds (0.66% crit damage...) and 10% attack speed that don't stack with quickness and was longbow only.

They broke something because the GS just became ridiculously OP (by Anet standards.) I was roaming with a small group last night on WvW and with FB support, my average hits were 4 to 7k with 10 to 12k crits. Running a Maud/Zerk build with durabilitys and a LB.

Better yet, here's the build:

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Soulbeast_-_Sic_%27Em_Roamer

I don't remember ever being able to hit this hard with a GS on a SB.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I like the Strider's Defense change. It's just really hard to find room for Skirmishing, especially in a Soulbeast build.

There's honestly still no real reason in pve. You just get too much damage from both marks and beast after the changes that also nerfed spotter. I wish it weren't the case since it would be really fun with a greatsword.

This is such a non- issue. In group content that quickness won't do you anything anyway, and in open world pve you might aswell run skirmishing over marksmanship anyway to get 100 % crit chance without group buffs while still using your regular "zerk and scholar" gear.

Skirmishing and marksmanship both have problems, but the former still has a spot in two out of the three regular pve ranger meta builds (druid and condi).

You take it in condi because sharpened edges and hiddn barbs is a big chunk of condi dps.

In terms of open world content on a zerk build, Marks is substantially better. 20% flat damage buff if using predator's onslaught along with very good might generation on attack from Hunter's Gaze in beastmode.

Concerning Read the Wind, if they really want to get rid of the speed and give us something oddball in exchange then change the trait mod to "Long Range Shot has 100% to projectile finisher". More swiftness is beyond silly especially when the swiftness from Hunter's Shot just gets applied to the ranger when in BM anyway.

@BadSanta.6527 said:I’m sad no Druid balance, this e spec is out of date. With new mechanic like barriers and Druid has not been touch for long time

Druid is still pretty solid, although it’d b nice to get a buff to our glyphs (mainly a bigger aoe would do the trick) and a rework to the 1 skill in avatar state, and by rework I mean change it to being the exact same skill as our under water #1.

@Lazze.9870 said:There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it,'There are no nerfs if you ignore and downplay these nerfs' Did you read what you wrote before you posted it?while 120 ferocity while swapping your set is worth the trade 10/10 times. The patch didn't aim to make huge changes or buffs, it aimed to make weapon traits benefit you when you swap aswell,I'd prefer the weapon trait to be useful for the weapon its designed forYes, Winter's Bite should be aoe baseline, yes, the axe skills should be unsplit.Then why defend this atrocious patch?But that wasn't the point of this mini patch.Why bother making a patch if you aren't going to do anything? Based on everything they've told us about this game, even small skill changes are a lot of work. Why throw in useless changes and pointless skill splits just to give themselves more work?

@Substance E.4852 said:

You take it in condi because sharpened edges and hiddn barbs is a big chunk of condi dps.

In terms of open world content on a zerk build, Marks is substantially better. 20% flat damage buff if using predator's onslaught along with very good might generation on attack from Hunter's Gaze in beastmode.

Concerning Read the Wind, if they really want to get rid of the speed and give us something oddball in exchange then change the trait mod to "Long Range Shot has 100% to projectile finisher". More swiftness is beyond silly especially when the swiftness from Hunter's Shot just gets applied to the ranger when in BM anyway.

No, marks isn't "substantially better" than skirmishing for open world content. Not if you're by yourself, and still using full zerk with scholar. Missing a crit is a bigger damage drop than 20 % damage from traits.

I don't understand why you feel the need to explain why you take skirmishing in a condi build... But whatever.

Still sticking with my LB/GS core bowbear. No changes here that I can't adapt to.

Target enemy - Rapid Fire for vuln - switch to GS, GS 3 to engage - Maul - Hilt bash for Fury and reset Maul - Maul again with Fury. Whatever's on the receiving end is now dead or well on its way to being so.

The LB speed nerf is inconvenient, but not a national emergency. And hey! My harpoon gun pierces now! All the better for farming those veteran kraits and sunken chests...

@Levetty.1279 said:

@"Lazze.9870" said:There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it,'There are no nerfs if you ignore and downplay these nerfs' Did you read what you wrote before you posted it?

You can't be serious. 10 ferocity. You're complaining about about the equivalence of one stack from a sigil of cruelty. You realize "downplaying" implies 10 ferocity would've been noticeable, right?

Is it more beneficial to have an extra 10 ferocity while wielding an axe, or an extra 120 ferocity when - let's say - you switch to your greatsword or longbow? In what world is this an overall nerf? The entire point of the patch was to make the traits less useless when not wielding the weapon. And you got that. At the cost of practicaly nothing, because you're not gonna notice 10 feroctiy slipping out of your hands when you're playing with your axes. Not even if you camp them.

I'm not defending anything, I'm replying to bullshit.

@Lazze.9870 said:

@Lazze.9870 said:There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it,'There are no nerfs if you ignore and downplay these nerfs' Did you read what you wrote before you posted it?

You can't be serious. 10 ferocity. You're complaining about about the equivalence of one stack from a sigil of cruelty. You realize "downplaying" implies 10 ferocity would've been noticeable, right?

Is it more beneficial to have an extra 10 ferocity while wielding an axe, or an extra 120 ferocity when - let's say - you switch to your greatsword or longbow? In what world is this an
overall
nerf? The entire point of the patch was to make the traits less useless when not wielding the weapon. And you got that. At the cost of practicaly nothing, because you're not gonna notice 10 feroctiy slipping out of your hands when you're playing with your axes. Not even if you camp them.

I'm not defending anything, I'm replying to kitten.

Yes, you downplaying that nerf and ignoring the other ones sure showed me that you aren't downplaying and ignoring nerfs.

@Levetty.1279 said:

@Lazze.9870 said:There are no nerfs except the longbow trait. 10 less ferocity while using axes is so miniscule it's hardly worth talking about it,'There are no nerfs if you ignore and downplay these nerfs' Did you read what you wrote before you posted it?

Is it more beneficial to have an extra 10 ferocity while wielding an axe, or an extra 120 ferocity when - let's say - you switch to your greatsword or longbow? In what world is this an
overall
nerf? The entire point of the patch was to make the traits less useless when not wielding the weapon. And you got that. At the cost of practicaly nothing, because you're not gonna notice 10 feroctiy slipping out of your hands when you're playing with your axes. Not even if you camp them.

I'm not defending anything, I'm replying to kitten.

Yes, you downplaying that nerf and ignoring the other ones sure showed me that you aren't downplaying and ignoring nerfs.

I'll be honest, even after rereading the patch notes, I only see the nerf to Lead the Wind.

@Lazze.9870 said:

No, marks isn't "substantially better" than skirmishing for open world content. Not if you're by yourself, and still using full zerk with scholar. Missing a crit is a bigger damage drop than 20 % damage from traits.

I don't understand why you feel the need to explain why you take skirmishing in a condi build... But whatever.

lol because you explicitly pointed out that it was taken in the majority of builds as though that meant something devoid of context.

You're at best gaining 14.76% higher chance* at any given time with no way to control what does or doesn't crit. Whiffing a maul matters a lot more than whiffing a GS auto first attack.

*assuming realistic situations. Perfect is obviously 24.76 but that would also lead to anything dying so fast it would be virtually unnoticeable.

After many hours of playing, I can say nothing changed for LB+GS with Beastmaster/Survival/Soulbeast build , in WvW. I want that fury back on my GS, but still , even without that, I feel like I do the same damage, due to the fact I use survival skill (so I have Fury most of the time). I can say that this change it is a bonus for LB with the fury gain by disable enemy. Maybe for other builds the new changes are better or worst, I don't know.PS: Also in sPVP , where I use the same build , I don't have the feeling something it's changed.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@BadSanta.6527 said:I’m sad no Druid balance, this e spec is out of date. With new mechanic like barriers and Druid has not been touch for long time

Druid is still pretty solid, although it’d b nice to get a buff to our glyphs (mainly a bigger aoe would do the trick) and a rework to the 1 skill in avatar state, and by rework I mean change it to being the exact same skill as our under water #1.

During the hot beta 1 skill was just like the under water one and was alot of tears from people crying so they gutted it right before the release of hot to what it is today

@Brian.1289 said:

During the hot beta 1 skill was just like the under water one and was alot of tears from people crying so they gutted it right before the release of hot to what it is today

I played in the beta and the 1 skill was never the same as the underwater one, it was always just the sky laser of healing. The skill that got cried about was our staffs 1 skill, since you could run around channeling it without a target and gain healing and avatar juice, which people got very upset with because it meant druids ALWAYS had max CA at the start of a fight, so they nerfed it to require a target.

Archived