Can we put WvW rank as a display option on nameplate?

Gav.1425

@Gav.1425 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Is this about other people seeing which rank you are?Because, you know... You don't have to use simple name plates if you want extra junk over everyone else's head

The main reason for it is to know the rank everyone else around you on your team.

I'd have different expectations from people who are WvW rank 50 and rank 5000.

I have one of each and a third somewhere between.

The first diamond legends were EotM grinders

@LetoII.3782 said:

@Gav.1425 said:

@LetoII.3782 said:Is this about other people seeing which rank you are?Because, you know... You don't have to use simple name plates if you want extra junk over everyone else's head

The main reason for it is to know the rank everyone else around you on your team.

I'd have different expectations from people who are WvW rank 50 and rank 5000.

I have one of each and a third somewhere between.

The first diamond legends were EotM grinders

Most aren't much of a threat at all even today.

I would really prefer if WvW had ranks such as bronze.. silver.. gold.. recruit, then move up. The current system is significantly less straightforward. This change would allow for players to better estimate potential enemy skill level instead of having to remember where silver colonel comes in the ranking list.

@Urud.4925 said:

@wanya.1697 said:if you want to know other players wvw rankall you need to do is party upyou can see it that wayin squad you can see it for your subgroup when you switch view to party mode instead of grid

^On the other hand... if you were able to see the rank of your enemies, wouldn't you turn upon the weakest one? I don't play much WvW, and honestly I don't care about my/others rank, but, wouldn't this cause more grieving for the more casual players that are still trying to catch up with the others?

Honestly I notice the opposite. We generally focus the higher rank players first in small group combat, as they are usually the party support or the main source of DPS.

@Limodriver.4106 said:

I really don't know if/when we could get to this but I can put it on the QoL list.

can u also increase the 10k rank limit while u are at it? I been 10k for 4 yrs.

They won't unlock the 10k limit but don't forget with the new wvw system coming they already said there will be a new carrot on a stick ie ranking system. Probably alliance/wvw based ranking system instead. Personally with three 10k ranked accounts I kinda don't want to have to max them again.

@Urud.4925 said:

@wanya.1697 said:if you want to know other players wvw rankall you need to do is party upyou can see it that wayin squad you can see it for your subgroup when you switch view to party mode instead of grid

^On the other hand... if you were able to see the rank of your enemies, wouldn't you turn upon the weakest one? I don't play much WvW, and honestly I don't care about my/others rank, but, wouldn't this cause more grieving for the more casual players that are still trying to catch up with the others?

you can actually see if someone in enemy team is a wvw veteran or a beginneras the enemies nameplates show differnt names for certrain ranges of your wvw rankso it is that way to a certain degree already

@Apokriphos.7042 said:I would really prefer if WvW had ranks such as bronze.. silver.. gold.. recruit, then move up. The current system is significantly less straightforward. This change would allow for players to better estimate potential enemy skill level instead of having to remember where silver colonel comes in the ranking list.

I've never bothered to memorize the sub-levels. I'll use the mineral references only, to make a wild guess at experience level of the player. Typically a non-mineral isn't going to have the same experience as a diamond. That's assuming the non-mineral isn't an alt account. Usually, the diamonds are a challenge to fight. Usually. Of course that's also assuming they aren't trying out a different character class (who doesn't get bored and experiment on occasion?)

@Shagaliscious.6281 said:

@Urud.4925 said:On the other hand... if you were able to see the rank of your enemies, wouldn't you turn upon the weakest one? I don't play much WvW, and honestly I don't care about my/others rank, but, wouldn't this cause more grieving for the more casual players that are still trying to catch up with the others?

Honestly I notice the opposite. We generally focus the higher rank players first in small group combat, as they are usually the party support or the main source of DPS.

You already can see enemy rank, and yeah it works the other way because you need to take care of the bigger threat first.

Being able to see the rank of unpartied server-mates around you means you have a better idea of who the enemy server might focus, because at the moment you don't know unless you recognise everyone around you.

@Urud.4925 said:

You can see the enemy ranks... Always.. Most of us actually start going for the highest ranked person first because the lower ranks will generally split back or run away if you rush for the highest ranked player.

@"Bigpapasmurf.5623" said:Just a form of elitism imo so I don't even think its a QoL thing. Something to make ppls kitten just a bit bigger. As stated already many times, there's wayyyyyy more important things to look into than this.

But whatever people need to make them feel superior, to each their own. MANY of those with really high ranks only k trained EotM to get the rank, so having a high rank really loses value due to these people (same that use bots or win trading to get ranks in PvP and get on leaderboard....the leaderboard loses value)

This is all just imo ofc

Nah, I'd like to know who the enemy is going to focus in a zerg. I know that when we see a higher level rank on the enemy team we will immediately turn and focus said higher ranked player. After they're dead then we will go for the rest because they're usually split up and running away at that point. Being able to see the same ranks on my side would help me know who the enemy is likely to try to focus on and be ready to withstand said attack then counter it. For me it's about having added information, add in that if you know someone next to you is a much lower rank then you, you have different expectations than you would have of someone who is a much higher rank then you. It'd be kinda nice to have a separate ranking system for "class" so that if you're new to playing wvw with a specific class your teammates will know it and be able to recognize it. For me ranking systems are about setting expectations.

@Joshhh.2076 said:You can already see the approximate rank of your enemies with the rank titles (assuming you don't use simple nameplates). [server] Bronze Assaulter, for example, tells you the enemy is around rank 200. And yes, in fight people will sometimes focus low rank people expecting a free bag.

I always go for the higher level player first then switch to the lower level ones.

@Ferelwing.8463 said:

@Joshhh.2076 said:You can already see the approximate rank of your enemies with the rank titles (assuming you don't use simple nameplates). [server] Bronze Assaulter, for example, tells you the enemy is around rank 200. And yes, in fight people will sometimes focus low rank people expecting a free bag.

I always go for the higher level player first then switch to the lower level ones.

And all the people saying this is why I want the opposite, an option to hide rank completely. This would also help commanders to deal with pin snipe.

Archived