Please stop giving us Essences Of Luck past 300%; or make them useful for something

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Dante.1763 said:

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

If you spent a lot of gold and time to deliberately reach that cap faster than others..then..when you reached it, and those essences of luck you lusted after are suddenly not valuable to you anymore...do not cry.

Instead of tears, rejoice that you reached it. Lots of folks here haven't.

And, remember, the Devs never promised anything after Cap is achieved,

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.Anet throws out Luck like Candy on Halloween.

Also.Nobody (should) have paid gold for the 300 %, because you actually made Gold by salvaging Ectos in HoT and sometimes in PoF.

The only reason Anet did not gave us a Luck Sink is that People hord Billions of Luck and the moment Luck became useful, the Ecto market would explode.

At the same time, T6 Dust would be cheap like never before and other T6 material would also drop in Price.

I dont think Anet wants that.

You are quite wrong. People who have lives(or jobs) that remove them from any kind of internet for up to six or even nine months, like my job(USN) does not have 300% MF and im
not
a casual when it comes to being able to play, with the amount of playtime ive been able to physically obtain with my job(over 6k hours) i have a grand total of 238% MF, i refuse to spend gold to max it out, and i salvage literally every item i obtain.

The fact that you are sometime six to nine months away from the internet and still have 238% proves my point even more.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Sounds like some think being 'a Casual' is some kind of bad thing. What's the definition of casual, anyway? Is it hours played? Is 7000+ hours 'casual'? Is not salvaging every piece of gear 'casual'? Is avoiding PvP 'casual'?Or just the fact that Magic Find isn't capped yet make one 'casual'?

Simple. Lets assume that you play since launch, you play regularly and participate in festivals.

If that the case, then you should have 300 or nearly 300% Luck.

Just by the fact that Anet throws out luck like crazy.

If you are not near 300% i can asume

A) You are new to Gw2. ( I count a 1 year old account as new)

B.) Your playtime is very low despite how old the Account is.

C) You never Farm, never salvage and never participate in Festival Events. (That would be very wierd)

Tl:Dr

If you are not new and not a casual player, then you must aviod all the Luck Anet is Shooting at you with a Gattlinggun. ( somehow)

I maxed out luck through ecto salvaging and I dont like to throw luck away. I mean its luck and when you throw luck away you are unlucky. And noone wants to be unlucky, right?

I dont know what kind of luck sink to introduce but I dont think it should give salvagable items. Maybe a luck eater that converts luck into temporary boons? I dont know something like A stack of 250 exotic luck gives you something like an 25 or 50 minutes of X% additional luck?

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Sounds like some think being 'a Casual' is some kind of bad thing. What's the definition of casual, anyway? Is it hours played? Is 7000+ hours 'casual'? Is not salvaging every piece of gear 'casual'? Is avoiding PvP 'casual'?Or just the fact that Magic Find isn't capped yet make one 'casual'?

Simple. Lets assume that you play since launch, you play regularly and participate in festivals.

C) You never Farm, never salvage and never participate in Festival Events. (That would be very wierd)

If you are not new and not a casual player, then you must aviod all the Luck Anet is Shooting at you with a Gattlinggun. ( somehow)

You forgot a scenario, which is that you prefer to convert your drops into gold and thus only salvage items that are not worth more as either a direct sale or as fodder for the Mystic Forge.

@mtpelion.4562 said:You forgot a scenario, which is that you prefer to convert your drops into gold and thus only salvage items that are not worth more as either a direct sale or as fodder for the Mystic Forge.

Yay, someone with logic :star:

I usually just sell greens (metal, cloth, leather; not wood right now, because legendary), and my rares and UnID gear go to the TP because I have kitten luck with getting ecto.So yeah, nowhere near 300%.

But I do support having utility for in-game rewards, even if it's something modest.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Well, not new...played since pre-launch; hence, the 7000 hours.

Again, not low playtime. (7000)

Don' avoid Festivals, but don't really do a lot of repeating events for hours; other than maybe the Lab or WB Trains occasionally. Or Orr.What I don't do a lot of is salvage; I prefer selling and the Mystic Forge.

It's not always accurate to paint large swathes. Players can be neither 'casual' (in the stated sense) nor 'weird'.

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Would it be a good idea to be able to trade luck for something new and modestly useful like say a writ of crafting experience?Allowing players who already have an advantage (better drop due to high magic find) to gain even more of an advantage without a trade-off (any kind of loot, buff or whatever bought with the luck that to them has no other use) while the rest of the playerbase has to choose between going for advantage a or b (use luck to increase magic find for better drops or use it for whatever the new bonus is) is seldom a good idea. It doesn't balance between new and old players, but rather benefits only those that (due to their playtime) already have a benefit to start.

As I said before, I can see luck used for new skins (like the yearly new years back pieces that require luck to upgrade), minis or guild hall decorations (more recipes that use those new years lamps), but nothing that gives another material advantage.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

@DaFishBob.6518 said:Would it be a good idea to be able to trade luck for something new and modestly useful like say a writ of crafting experience?Allowing players who already have an advantage (better drop due to high magic find) to gain even more of an advantage without a trade-off (any kind of loot, buff or whatever bought with the luck that to them has no other use) while the rest of the playerbase has to choose between going for advantage a or b (use luck to increase magic find for better drops or use it for whatever the new bonus is) is seldom a good idea. It doesn't balance between new and old players, but rather benefits only those that (due to their playtime) already have a benefit to start.

As I said before, I can see luck used for new skins (like the yearly new years back pieces that require luck to upgrade), minis or guild hall decorations (more recipes that use those new years lamps), but nothing that gives another material advantage.

The goal here is to remove the billions and trillions of Luck that Gw2 players have.Minis and guildhall deco will not do that.People will not waste it on that.

To the advantage thing.I can somewhat understand it.

The longer Anet wait with a solution, the harder it gets.

The players wont stop hoarding it.

Because we know, some day, Anet HAS to find an answer to this problem.

Until then, We wait.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

The goal here is to remove the billions and trillions of Luck that Gw2 players have.Minis and guildhall deco will not do that.People will not waste it on that.

Until then, We wait.

And the answer anet say to us could be -why are you saving luck just delete it.

@Linken.6345 said:

Until then, We wait.

Answer: Chance.

They COULD create a Luck Sink.They COULD create none.

Hoarding it doenst hurt as much as loosing potential money/valuables.

A chance of making a good profit is ok for a minor inconvenience.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Until then, We wait.

A chance of making a good profit is ok for a minor inconvenience.So what is it? A problem or a minor inconvenience?

@Rasimir.6239 said:

Until then, We wait.

A chance of making a good profit is ok for a minor inconvenience.So what is it? A problem or a minor inconvenience?

Well technically both.

I would say its a inconvenience that becomes a bigger problem everyday.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

If you spent a lot of gold and time to deliberately reach that cap faster than others..then..when you reached it, and those essences of luck you lusted after are suddenly not valuable to you anymore...do not cry.

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.

I clocked 5'000 hours since 2012 and I am not at 300% yet. I play normal, I don't farm for hours though, just doing normal activities. I think people who are on 300% luck since ages are heavy farmers who do halloween farms for hours to make gold/loot. I think this is extremely boring and do other things during this time. Why invest so many borin, repetitive hours in just one game to get 'more' etc. I already have 7 lengendaries, what do I want to have more?

All wrong: I farm sometimes, but I play the game regularly and I salvage everything, unless there are some more expensive exotic skins. You are wrong on all sides. I also farmed festivals, but only do that to get most achievements and leave. I may come back for a couple of hours but I never do extensive farming like some ppl do. Still, i am at about 230% MF and many which have a similar playstylke like me do have this.

@Rasimir.6239 said:

I did say luck, not necessarily essence of luck. So maybe someone with 300% MF goes down to 299% MF and gets to reuse those essences they stockpiled to get back to 300% MF. Someone with 200% goes down to 199% and uses a smaller amount of essences to get back to 200%. Yes the person with the essence stockpiled has the advantage of getting back to their previous higher MF quicker but they pay out more at a time because surely it takes more essence to get back to 300% than 200%. And it's crafting exp, just a nice thing to have because playing until 300% MF means going through a lot of salvage and likely having the materials already to have leveled all the basic crafts to max level at least once.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:

Capped means capped.

I clocked 5'000 hours since 2012 and I am not at 300% yet. I play normal, I don't farm for hours though, just doing normal activities. I think people who are on 300% luck since ages are heavy farmers who do halloween farms for hours to make gold/loot. I think this is extremely boring and do other things during this time. Why invest so many borin, repetitive hours in just one game to get 'more' etc. I already have 7 lengendaries, what do I want to have more?

All wrong: I farm sometimes, but I play the game regularly and I salvage everything, unless there are some more expensive exotic skins. You are wrong on all sides. I also farmed festivals, but only do that to get most achievements and leave. I may come back for a couple of hours but I never do extensive farming like some ppl do. Still, i am at about 230% MF and many which have a similar playstylke like me do have this.

In over 6 year of playing Gw2 i farmed about 2 month. Pre Hot silverwaste.The rest was WvW and Story/Events.

To be honest, i really don’t understand how people avoid all the luck.

With only playing about 12 to 15 Hours a week, which is mostly WvW, i managed to get more luck in about 2 years then you need from 0 to 300.

Here come the „casual“ players that actually play more then i do and explain to me how they can’t get to 300.

Wierd.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Capped means capped.

In over 6 year of playing Gw2 i farmed about 2 month. Pre Hot silverwaste.The rest was WvW and Story/Events.

With only playing about 12 to 15 Hours a week, which is mostly WvW, i managed to get more luck in about 2 years then you need from 0 to 300.

Here come the „casual“ players that actually play more then i do and explain to me how they can’t get to 300.

Wierd.

I think many did an extensive AB multiloot etc. I never did that. I always found it too boring to farm.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

Wierd.

I hope you realize that time spent (either in total years playing or in hours per X) is wholly irrelevant. You should be providing the number of times you have repeated the "Agent of Entropy" achievement, as that would give people relevant data by which to compare.

@mtpelion.4562 said:

@"Julischka Bean.7491" said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

Wierd.

I hope you realize that time spent (either in total years playing or in hours per X) is wholly irrelevant. You should be providing the number of times you have repeated the "Agent of Entropy" achievement, as that would give people relevant data by which to compare.

Thats a awesome idea actually.

Let me Check.

1555 Times.

Now im interesed on other players numbers.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Capped means capped.

Wierd.

Thats a awesome idea actually.

Let me Check.

1555 Times.

Now im interesed on other players numbers.

That's an impressive number of repeats.

I've been playing since the week after launch and I've got 380 repeats.