Please stop giving us Essences Of Luck past 300%; or make them useful for something

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not capped out on luck either (222) but I've been playing just over 2 years. Will most likely reach cap by next year since I do farm but not extensively.

I think though that one poster hit it. If luck ever became useful or valuable as essences it would have some serious implications to the market. Ectos would skyrocket dust would plummet and both would cause other issues.

Then again a bump to the value of rates and ectos might NOT be a bad thing.

Just would need careful consideration.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:Lisa shakes her head. As others have stated, the Devs said magic find is capped at 300 %.

Capped means capped.

If you spent a lot of gold and time to deliberately reach that cap faster than others..then..when you reached it, and those essences of luck you lusted after are suddenly not valuable to you anymore...do not cry.

Instead of tears, rejoice that you reached it. Lots of folks here haven't.

And, remember, the Devs never promised anything after Cap is achieved,

Its almost 2019. If you have not your 300% yet you are ether a Casual or new.Anet throws out Luck like Candy on Halloween.

Also.Nobody (should) have paid gold for the 300 %, because you actually made Gold by salvaging Ectos in HoT and sometimes in PoF.

The only reason Anet did not gave us a Luck Sink is that People hord Billions of Luck and the moment Luck became useful, the Ecto market would explode.

At the same time, T6 Dust would be cheap like never before and other T6 material would also drop in Price.

I dont think Anet wants that.

You are quite wrong. People who have lives(or jobs) that remove them from any kind of internet for up to six or even nine months, like my job(USN) does not have 300% MF and im
not
a casual when it comes to being able to play, with the amount of playtime ive been able to physically obtain with my job(over 6k hours) i have a grand total of 238% MF, i refuse to spend gold to max it out, and i salvage literally every item i obtain.

The fact that you are sometime six to nine months away from the internet and still have 238% proves my point even more.

Well, i was at 219 till Halloween came around and i blew a crapload of my gold on ToT and got all the luck they obtained, woulda been at least another year before i hit 250 playing as much as i possible can each day.

• 8 months later...

I have a bank tab of those things, and I now consume them even though my luck is maxed. So I'm wasting a lot of luck that is giving no effects.

I would go with one something like one of the following examples:

Example 1:

• Change legendary essences of Luck to give 10K luck instead 500 (and adjust sources of current legendary luck to give 3 exotics instead 1 legendary, and the drop rate in bags that give legendary luck to make it more rare accordingly).
  • Add an artificer recipe to convert 50 exotic essences into 1 legendary.
  • Allow salvaging luck to get lower tiers.
  • Give all 5 essences of luck material storage slots, which would allow players to store ‭20.720.000 luck in a maxed material storage‬. Or at least just for legendary ones, which is still 20 million luck when storage is maxed.
  • Allow using legendary essences of luck as an alternate replacement for Mystic coins in non-prestige recipes. Those recipes that use mystic coins but are not involved in crafting anything that gives a unique skin. Like
    • Armors in bulk
    • Food trays
    • The recipes to promote/demote Mists Essences.
    • The recipe to break down bloodstone bricks.

This way people who want to get all those recipes unlock for completion sake would be able to do so without spending inordinate amounts of wealth in mystic coins, and since this would only work for non-prestige recipes, it would not affect clovers, legendary crafting, prestige skins like Winter's Embrace or Nightfury and collections.

Example 2:

• Make them consumed on acquisition, or work more like a currency.
  • Add a bonus ' fuel tank' of luck that gets filled with luck as its received, and goes down over time while in combat. This 'tank' would work in a similar way to WvW participation:
    • It would have several tiers, at least 4.
    • Each tier gives a bonus to MF, up to +100MF at max tier.
    • Getting luck fills a tank tier, when it's maxed, it goes to the next.
    • At max tier more luck only adds more time, up to a cap.
    • The current tier empties over time while in combat, when it empties, it goes down a tier.
  • Replace them in crafting recipes and any other uses, like what Drooburt's Ghost ask for in new year and what's needed to buy lanterns. I'd go with globs of ectoplasm, crystalline dust or a material that uses spirit shards, depending on the tier of luck used by it.

And since we are also talking about salvaging, since it keeps ticking once the AP is maxed, why not giving "Agent of Entropy" a little bonus reward when it pings again? Nothing too grand, it could be just a rare Unidentified Gear, or a champion bag similar to the ones you can get from gobblers.

@Rasimir.6239 said:I know I've been playing for 6 years, closing in on 10k hours in game, with a variety of interests (pretty much everything except pvp, hardcore pve farming or world boss trains), salvaging most if not all blues and greens I find, and I'm just closing in on 250% magic find. Many of my friends with similar playtime are considerably below 300%, too.

Yay another long-term player who's not 300% MF yet like me. I have about 220% and I've played since beta but I have other interests and only care to spend so much time in-game. I think I'm doing well for my level of investment and do look forward to 300% some day.

I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now. Hopefully I wont be 5 luck mules in or so before they come up with something.

@Tasida.4085 said:I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now. Hopefully I wont be 5 luck mules in or so before they come up with something.

You won’t as I highly doubt you’d obtain that much within a year.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@"Tasida.4085" said:I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now.
Hopefully I wont be 5 luck mules in or so before they come up with something

It would be helpful if they'd add an artificing recipe to convert exotic to legendary essences. It doesn't "solve" anything; it would make the issue a lot more manageable tho.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"Tasida.4085" said:I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now.

It would be helpful if they'd add an artificing recipe to convert exotic to legendary essences. It doesn't "solve" anything; it would make the issue a lot more manageable tho.

They’d have to modify the amount of luck a legendary essence would have first in order to make the conversion with exotics work.

I’m not sure how easy that would be though. I used to think that modifying traits would be easy but apparently they have to rebuild the traits from the ground up if making any changes; even to a value.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:In over 6 year of playing Gw2 i farmed about 2 month. Pre Hot silverwaste.The rest was WvW and Story/Events.

To be honest, i really don’t understand how people avoid all the luck.

With only playing about 12 to 15 Hours a week, which is mostly WvW, i managed to get more luck in about 2 years then you need from 0 to 300.

Here come the „casual“ players that actually play more then i do and explain to me how they can’t get to 300.

I play more than you do, and I am still far away from 300. In the last 6 years, I have played about 3 hours a day (on average). My Agent of Entropy is 632 times. My luck is at 263 + 18. But I loathe farming, so I don't do that. And I spent a lot for the GH when we were still building that up.

I will get to 300, eventually. But it won't be any time soon.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now.

I was being facetious about the 5 mules LOL but right on...... I am on a 2nd luck mule ;). Lets hope they actually come up with something eventually.

@Tasida.4085 said:

@Tasida.4085 said:I've a second mule started that's only holding stacks of luck.......maybe 1 day ANET will come up with something useful for all of it. If so I'll be ready. The guildhall is completed, so I store the luck instead now.

I was being facetious about the 5 mules LOL but right on...... I am on a 2nd luck mule ;). Lets hope they actually come up with something eventually.

So you’re telling me that you have obtained over 100 stacks of exotic essences, which is more than enough to hit 300 again from scratch, since January?

If i ever would hit cap i simply would use everything up, save a few.

I definitely don't see much of a problem with "wasted"luck, as there's no to little content of any sort of interest in just consuming Luck.Maybe a title if you consumed a huge amount over the max. That would seem fair imo.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:I have a bank tab of those things, and I now consume them even though my luck is maxed. So I'm wasting a lot of luck that is giving no effects.Why are you doing that when you know that there's a festival sink in Jan-Feb that converts extra essences into coin?

It takes AGES of clicking. The little coin you get from it is not worth a new mouse.

If they changed Drooburt to a vendor that trades luck for a consumable, and the achievement counted using the consumable, then it would not be that bad.