-Serious- Everyones thoughts on Beetle Racing at least 30k+ prize pool in ~1 month?

Nos.9803

Recently, as most of the community is aware, the GW2 Marketing team has launched an initiative to promote their newest competitive game mode known as pod racin... I mean Beetle Racing :D. Beetle Racing involves mounting on your beetle and you guessed, racing along a pre set path in numerous zones. Is this money well spent? Would it have been better spent funding a pve or pvp tournament like the ye old days? Personally, I think spending money on a customized car was a bit much.... to say the least.

The idea is great and it's something different.

However The Idea of trying to bring back any sort of "price pool" for spvp isn't going to happen especially when anet hasn't given a single reason for teams to even remotely form teams in the first place Unless it's for Monthly and EVEN that has become a joke Unless you are in with team usa and if you aren't then their isn't a single point to make a team.

However I agree that the money spend is insanely stupid, We could of added a new legendary back piece or trinket by now that's for spvp players, or make better actual 2vs2 maps but we can only be half happy with half the things we get as spvp players, we just been so mislead and lied to for such a long time that it has made almost everyone pretty sour about things lol.

Makes sense to me.. PvP only appeals to a minotiry of players and has far too many restrictions involved with it.Hardware, Internet connection, player skill, real life timeframes.. there are so many factors that restrict that already small minotiry into an even smaller number of players who really have any chance of winning or even competing.

I'm not against PvP tournaments with cash prizes but if Anet wants to do a huge one like this with a ton of money invested into it then it makes far more sense to base the competition around the PvE game and ensure that as many people as possible have an equal chance to win.. which is exactly what they have done with Beetle racing.Yea I'll agree that the prize pool is pretty crazy but I gotta love the enthusiasm around the contest ^^

PvP tournaments are just too restrictive for this kind of cash investment.. only the top tier PvP players even stand a chance of winning which pretty much ostracizes most of the PvP community right from the start.. not to mention the vast majority of the games install base as well.

I could not care less. Honestly, if there was no real money rewards (or in game achievements) attached to them would anyone care? All races are currently abandoned for a reason. They suck. Attaching rewards to crap does not make it good. It is still crap, but crap people are welling. I really wish devs would understand that if something does not work attaching rewards to it would not make it work.

As for it being money well spent, people who have access to this: GW2 active --> Who have PoF --> Actively playing --> Play LW --> Played last Episode of LW --> Completed the collection --> Care enough about racing. I would go on a hunch and say no, it is not money well spent cuz a seriously small portion of the population would even remotely care about this.

@"Nos.9803" said:Recently, as most of the community is aware, the GW2 Marketing team has launched an initiative to promote their newest competitive game mode known as pod racin... I mean Beetle Racing :D. Beetle Racing involves mounting on your beetle and you guessed, racing along a pre set path in numerous zones. Is this money well spent? Would it have been better spent funding a pve or pvp tournament like the ye old days? Personally, I think spending money on a customized car was a bit much.... to say the least.

I'm actually really enjoying those races lol. But I wish they would have allowed us to bump into people or something and push people off their course, that'd be pretty fun. Kind of like Mario Kart'ish.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

I'd like monthlies to have 500$ tied to them, 1k for both servers a'month. This would let them incentivize PvP for more than 4 years to come.

But then only people from a few select countries would be able to compete in monthlies.

As for op, they tried money tournament to increase revenue through pvp and since they stopped I'd assume it wasn't successful. So them trying again seems unlikely.

@Tapps.1479 said:

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

I'd like monthlies to have 500$ tied to them, 1k for both servers a'month. This would let them incentivize PvP for more than 4 years to come.

But then only people from a few select countries would be able to compete in monthlies.

As for op, they tried money tournament to increase revenue through pvp and since they stopped I'd assume it wasn't successful. So them trying again seems unlikely.

1k a month shouldn't be considered as paid events for a company the size of ArenaNet. Also, just use something like PayPal to distribute the money. It's 2018 ..

I like it. Some of the minigames in GW1 used to be very competitive, but became a casual clownfiesta in GW2 that gradually fell into neglect. Glad to see that they are encouraging people to truly get good at something for once.

It's not like dumping raw money into PvP worked before, and certainly wouldn't work now anyways.

I uninstalled to be honest.

Sick of the fuck arounds when it comes to PvP, if the same effort was put into alliances and swiss or more frequent ATs then we would have it months ago and pisses me off that the money I put into this game is being handed out like fucking candy rather than actual development or progress towards pvp or wvw.

So for the first time ever, I uninstalled and will install again once 2 shits are given to pvp or wvw.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I uninstalled to be honest.

Sick of the kitten arounds when it comes to PvP, if the same effort was put into alliances and swiss or more frequent ATs then we would have it months ago and pisses me off that the money I put into this game is being handed out like kitten candy rather than actual development or progress towards pvp or wvw.

So for the first time ever, I uninstalled and will install again once 2 kitten are given to pvp or wvw.

You probably will never reinstall ?

The game though is kind of in a dry spell though. The new sPvP map is kinda meh. We did not have class balance in over two month and while the last LW map was fun, it’s repliability is non-existent.

I will say the car choice seems odd considering Volkswagen executives were just recently found guilty of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government and violating the Clean Air Act with their emission cheating scandal. Additionally, I don't think VW Beetles have been trendy for quite some time, I can't even remember the last time I actually saw one on the road. Anet could have just as easily done raptor racing with a Ford F-150 Raptor and I think more people would have been interested.

Sick of the kitten arounds when it comes to PvP, if the same effort was put into alliances and swiss or more frequent ATs then we would have it months ago and pisses me off that the money I put into this game is being handed out like kitten candy rather than actual development or progress towards pvp or wvw.

So for the first time ever, I uninstalled and will install again once 2 kitten are given to pvp or wvw.

Wow that's to bad. I know I'm full of vitriol when it comes to this shitty game mode but you always seemed to be level headed in most things. Enough so that I thought you were a white knight or even Anet employee. You know a company is really fucked when they can't even keep people like you around. I wish you luck.

@Waffler.1257 said:I will say the car choice seems odd considering Volkswagen executives were just recently found guilty of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. government and violating the Clean Air Act with their emission cheating scandal. Additionally, I don't think VW Beetles have been trendy for quite some time, I can't even remember the last time I actually saw one on the road. Anet could have just as easily done raptor racing with a Ford F-150 Raptor and I think more people would have been interested.

All things considered, the F150 Raptor is $60k, lol.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:

Wow that's to bad. I know I'm full of vitriol when it comes to this kitten game mode but you always seemed to be level headed in most things. Enough so that I thought you were a white knight or even Anet employee. You know a company is really kitten when they can't even keep people like you around. I wish you luck.

Anet is a good company and the game is fantastic but for the last year I havent been able to enjoy the game like I used too when playing with friends at my own discretion was allowed and I waited a very long time for it to become a reality again but its becoming evident that its never going to happen

Archived