World Restructuring Update 2

Raymond Lukes.6305

Wow, .. So, guess what. We got a call back and they left a message saying that they wanted to get back together with us...I know right. But, I think going forward if they are serious and they do want to get back together with us, we shouldn't let them treat us how they did in the past. I just don't want us to get hurt again. What do you all think...should we take them back after they just left us without a word and never even told us it was over?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Action speaks louder than words.

Waiting for a Reboot & Roadmap that leads to this game mode being able to host healthy competitive tournaments.

---

Cornerstone game mode needs to host healthy competitive tournaments...imho

3 Critical Insights:

1)  Team Creation mechanics that ANet can manipulate will be detrimental to hosting competitive tournaments.

2)  Match-Up Creation mechanics need to be designed & account for the fundamental player's behavior to stack on a winning Team.

3)  Alliances is based on Team Creation mechanics & will strategically prevent this game mode from ever being able to host any competitive tournaments that's healthy & fair due to the manipulation that ANet will be doing by design.

Hope I don't have to say this, but Told you so...

Yours truly,
Diku

Credibility requires critical insight & time.

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

wow this post I missed, it's really an endless story.

maybe it is necessary to go to the aid of our friends of arena net.

dear anet, you have made a courageous and most likely complicated choice to make well.

for this it is right that you take as much time as necessary, this is not a problem and is absolutely understandable.

at this point, however, I give you my personal advice. while carrying out your big project, you have to organize and make 3 changes, I imagine much simpler and therefore faster for you. 

1 - transfers - completely blocked, or rather completely updated. they will have to be booked and the player can transfer to the team he wants if another player has booked to join the team that the other wants to leave. 

2 - algorithm for building the team. it is to be corrected (you should check if it is the transfers that mess everything up) you have to limit yourself to counting the active players. three equal teams in number or something that comes as close as possible.

3 works on the constant count of players online , something every 60 minutes. if the cap of the team is 1000 and the system counts 500 castles and towers do not generate points at 100% but at 50% (problem of 24/7)

they are all changes / corrections / updates much less ambition than those you have given yourself. I know.

you have to start thinking about them and dealing with them, even one at a time.

I don't see anything wrong with these updates (I hope easier for you) while carrying out a more challenging project.

and I think it would be appreciated by many players of this mode.

in the end I ask you to give me feedback, something like: you are something we are thinking about too - or : it is something that we could consider me at the moment we are still messed up with EOD - or: no sorry but what we have in mind for wvw is another thing etc etc

we open any type of conversation / communication . I assure you that I am a very helpful guy, apart from when I connect in wvw.😊

probably your communications in the forum are quite complicated, I guess they have to be shared and go through who knows what press office and communication. you could make a press release and tell us that arenanet's position or initiatives will only be published in a special section of the forim. 

in this way some of your representatives could start any kind of exploratory or even absurd conversation / constructive confrontation. without ever compromising the position of the arenanet tem. players will never have any claim to anything that comes out of these conversations, as they are not official arenanet positions, even if expressed by its president/CEO.

• 1 year later...

I'll be honest, I didn't really get what Grimm was trying to say in that other thread, but I doubt he was unquestionably right about it. Putting these threads on the front page serves a couple of positive outcomes regardless of the quality of the latest post. It is not like we can trust the developers to curate their own information anyway. The "Library" from 2019 contains three primary links: This very thread, a 2019 NA tournament and a 2019 bi-monthly relink thread. I'm sure they had every intention in 2019 to keep the highlighted relink thread(s) somewhat current, but they lasted... well, one month. That was the endurance of their commitment. Keeping relevant threads either buried or locked to be buried does not serve playerbase or furthers either discussion or knowledgebase. Though, perhaps that is the purpose. I'd rather have most of the "I'm new and don't understand why WR/Alliances will help"-threads consolidated here than littering the entire subforum, especially since this makes it much easier to refer them to relevant information - instead of having to dig up links to dead and locked threads. Some of us have these links saved, so we can help other people find that information. That may be helpful, but whether it is healthy is highly doubtful.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501

6 hours ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

I'll be honest, I didn't really get what Grimm was trying to say in that other thread, but I doubt he was unquestionably right about it. Putting these threads on the front page serves a couple of positive outcomes regardless of the quality of the latest post. It is not like we can trust the developers to curate their own information anyway. The "Library" from 2019 contains three primary links: This very thread, a 2019 NA tournament and a 2019 bi-monthly relink thread. I'm sure they had every intention in 2019 to keep the highlighted relink thread(s) somewhat current, but they lasted... well, one month. That was the endurance of their commitment. Keeping relevant threads either buried or locked to be buried does not serve playerbase or furthers either discussion or knowledgebase. Though, perhaps that is the purpose. I'd rather have most of the "I'm new and don't understand why WR/Alliances will help"-threads consolidated here than littering the entire subforum, especially since this makes it much easier to refer them to relevant information - instead of having to dig up links to dead and locked threads. Some of us have these links saved, so we can help other people find that information. That may be helpful, but whether it is healthy is highly doubtful.

Sub, your first thought is right, I don't always get a point and appreciate it when others ask does that mean what you think it means. Makes me come back and question my own thoughts. Especially when I post when I should be sleeping, kind of like now actually. Chaba has pointed me to a number of times and I had to step back and reconsider. So I see a fair ball from you as well as you have also done this. To your point, I don't disagree that keep bringing up topics to help draw attention, but not sure the necro is the best idea. 

The reason I posted the other is that by bringing back old threads we do see the timeline but it also muddies the conversation. People may not catch it as necro and pull out points that may no longer be an issue and/or quote people that may not be in game, or point out points that the poster may no longer see in the same light. So it creates its own drama on the thread versus brings out  a point to make about the thread. I know the forum states don't start a new topic, but I don't think that works as well in some of the varied subforums, WvW being one of those since things change over time.

This one isn't much better since it's also 5 years old, doesn't include newer information and may misdirect players trying to catch up more than to help them understand recent events after the project was restarted and directions were changed and then what happened along the way. In that sense I think maybe a better approach might have been a new post and then links to this one so that people could add new comments about status to the new on4e while using the older one as a reference point. This one risks people replying to prior comments that as I said above they may no longer apply due to environment or to the prior view of the poster that they may see as different considering the 5 year gap.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling

On 10/22/2023 at 8:31 AM, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Hope that helps. 

It does and we're all in that same boat when it comes to having points across (especially at night). Thanks for the effort you put in. I don't have much more to add to the conversation besides what was already said though. I think you raise some good points as to situations where fresh threads may be helpful, but at the same time I don't feel as though they outweigh or outplay the value of keeping threads that hold important information and conversation curated - especially for relevant and current topics. Like I said above, I would be fine with new consolidated threads appearing on recurring topics if former threads of similar value were effectively curated and archived. My issue is that such work is not being done (beyond a single month in 2019, ed. or possibly what Archon did a decade back) and we then have to resort to second-best options, including #when.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, subversiontwo.7501 said:

It does and we're all in that same boat when it comes to having points across (especially at night). Thanks for the effort you put in. I don't have much more to add to the conversation besides what was already said though. I think you raise some good points as to situations where fresh threads may be helpful, but at the same time I don't feel as though they outweigh or outplay the value of keeping threads that hold important information and conversation curated - especially for relevant and current topics. Like I said above, I would be fine with new consolidated threads appearing on recurring topics if former threads of similar value were effectively curated and archived. My issue is that such work is not being done (beyond a single month in 2019, ed. or possibly what Archon did a decade back) and we then have to resort to second-best options, including #when.

I understand and see your points, and appreciate feedback, it helps in trying to make more concise ones, so from me, keep it up my friend. 

As far as Archon, oh boi.....Go with Gremlin logic, don't water and never feed after Midnight!!! 🙂 Or you never know what may happen 🙂 . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Necro posting can be annoying...I agree.

Necro posting to a "Game Mode Roadmap" thread, however, should be encouraged & nurtured...imho...but many of the forum experts here strongly don't see it that way.

Necro posting helps to maintain a self-stamped timeline discussion while coordinating deep knowledge on a discussion of ideas that should evolve over time...and help show the path from where things started...all the way up to the current "Necro Posting".

We need to have a "Game Mode Roadmap" thread that players need to tolerant of necro posting for the greater good of maintaining a central library.

Imagine a library (posted thread) that provides a Roadmap for the technology of flying.  Books that necro post ideas, concepts, and designs that make air travel possible will probably be found in this library (posted thread).  Knowledge builds upon itself...instead of having to "re-invent the wing or aileron" as an example.

i.e. - Game Mode Roadmap
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

Yours truly,
Diku

p.s.
We don't have a captain...aka...Game Director for this game mode...controlling the flight yoke with a solid flight plan...while knowledgeable passengers onboard are expertly telling everyone else how to fly & where we're going...so it's no wonder our flight is constantly flying around in circles.

#MyEoDPurchaseStillComingSoon
#AlliancesWhen
#RoadMapWhen

Edited by Diku.2546
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Diku.2546 said:

Necro posting to a "Game Mode Roadmap" thread, however, should be encouraged & nurtured...imho...but many of the forum experts here strongly don't see it that way.

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about necro posting, only what the policies that may be acted upon read:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/94822-forum-moderation-and-infraction-system/#comment-1354025

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It doesn't matter what anyone thinks about necro posting, only what the policies that may be acted upon read:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/94822-forum-moderation-and-infraction-system/#comment-1354025

As a leading forum expert...you're right & I'm wrong.

Yours truly,
Diku

#AlliancesWhen
#RoadMapWhen

p.s.
We don't have a captain...aka...Game Director for this game mode...controlling the flight yoke with a solid flight plan...while knowledgeable passengers onboard are expertly telling everyone else how to fly & where we're going...so it's no wonder our flight is constantly flying around in circles.

We should consider making an exception to have a "Game Mode Roadmap" thread that players need to be tolerant of necro posting for the greater good of maintaining a central library...imho

Edited by Diku.2546

15 minutes ago, Diku.2546 said:

As a leading forum expert...you're right & I'm wrong.

Yours truly,
Diku

#AlliancesWhen
#RoadMapWhen

p.s.

We should consider making an exception to have a "Game Mode Roadmap" thread that players need to be tolerant of necro posting for the greater good of maintaining a central library...imho

Why don't you take the issue of necro threads up with mods instead of trying to be snarky at me?

Do you want me to link you a thread in the Support forum that was nonsensically locked JUST THIS MORNING for getting necro'd.  It was only a month old necro.  Just because I don't agree with the action that was taken doesn't mean I can't give fair warning to those that do necro threads or that I'm supposed to agree with you on "nurturing" the activity.

Edited by Chaba.5410

On 10/28/2023 at 11:00 AM, Chaba.5410 said:

Why don't you take the issue of necro threads up with mods instead of trying to be snarky at me?

Do you want me to link you a thread in the Support forum that was nonsensically locked JUST THIS MORNING for getting necro'd.  It was only a month old necro.  Just because I don't agree with the action that was taken doesn't mean I can't give fair warning to those that do necro threads or that I'm supposed to agree with you on "nurturing" the activity.

It's ok.  You're quite the expert & very knowledgeable.   I was hoping for an exception to a "RoadMap" based thread that would keep the discussion & in depth knowledge in one place, but you're correct about the rules. Thank you for helping me with this.

We only see what we want to see...I'm no exception.

Let's just agree to disagree & move on.

Yours truly,
Diku

p.s.

i.e. - Game Mode Roadmap
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/89449/wvg-world-vs-globes/p1

#AlliancesWhen
#RoadMapWhen

Edited by Diku.2546