Obsidian Shards acquisition

AoTsuki.8675

@"Lanhelin.3480" said:Until ANet fulfills your request, check the Ley-Energy Matter Converter and the vendor NPC on the marketplace in your Guild Hall every day (you can buy up to three of the shard-bags per day depending on the upgrade progress of the guild).

This is a great way to get them, as some days you can get 2-3 small or medium bags at the same time.

WvW also hands them out pretty liberally if you play that game mode. I recently hit my storage cap on them and have been crafting Fulgurite to make room. Now I'm close to my cap of Fulgurite =/

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:I wish there were alternate uses for those shards. I'm at the point where I delete a stack every now and then. I wish I could sell them for a copper a piece at least.

I wish you all who had hoards of them could give them/sell them to players who dont wvw or pvp. I always need shards, and karma so being able to buy these would be so nice to have.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Blockhead Magee.3092 said:I wish there were alternate uses for those shards. I'm at the point where I delete a stack every now and then. I wish I could sell them for a copper a piece at least.

I wish you all who had hoards of them could give them/sell them to players who dont wvw or pvp. I
always
need shards,
and karma
so being able to buy these would be so nice to have.

Well there are ways to get them without needing Karma. Farming Silverwastes is a great method because not only do you get them from bandit chests, you can also trade in bandit crests for obsidian shards with the vendor, all the while making a nice bit of gold and salvaged materials since SW is still a very viable farm.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:Well there are ways to get them without needing Karma. Farming Silverwastes is a great method because not only do you get them from bandit chests, you can also trade in bandit crests for obsidian shards with the vendor, all the while making a nice bit of gold and salvaged materials since SW is still a very viable farm.

Indeed. There are a ton of sources already listed on the wiki:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Shard

I suspect that ANet would prefer to retain incentives for raiders to leave the aerodrome sometimes to obtain some of the items they need for optional items.

@Dante.1763 said:

I wish you all who had hoards of them could give them/sell them to players who dont wvw or pvp. I
always
need shards,
and karma

Do the easy LS3 and LS4 dailies. You’ll get both with minimal time spent. I got about 50 obby shards and 20K karma every day with about 20 min of work doing those dailies.

You can also bank the LS4 reward chests and open them up when the next episode is released to instantly complete the new mastery if there is one and assuming you collected enough.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

always
need shards,
and karma

Well there are ways to get them without needing Karma. Farming Silverwastes is a great method because not only do you get them from bandit chests, you can also trade in bandit crests for obsidian shards with the vendor, all the while making a nice bit of gold and salvaged materials since SW is still a very viable farm.

That tends to fill up my bank with dragonite ore, bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments instead.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

always
need shards,
and karma

That tends to fill up my bank with dragonite ore, bloodstone dust and empyreal fragments instead.

That's ok though, since the LS3 gobblers can convert those to random crafting material.

Archived