How do you like the new exotic breed mount skins?

@"Samnang.1879" said:i wanna show off my butiful mount too

UQxbJi4.jpg

It looks very nice - looks like it fits asura best! Already thought "how can this poor thing carry a charr or a norn? "As for the rest of the set, i bought the War Eternal Supply Drop Requisition and got the 2 skins i wanted (i have choosed the primeval gryphon and was lucky to get the stardust beetle). I would also like to have the thinn, small raptor (Primordial Raptor) and the - not sure, badger(?) springer (Brisban Brushtail) - maybe ill get them later but i won't gamble for them.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:I'm not fond of RNG-based money making schemes. I would maybe be interested in buying a set of those mount skins if they came in a pack, like some of the packs we already got. But the current model (pay for a RNG chance to get one you may like or pay premium for the "right" to choose) doesn't really interest me.

Well 1200 gems is the price for a specific mount. I always buy the 400 gems ones, but I like having that choice of choosing the one mount I want. Granted a fair price would probably be closer to 800 gems. 10€ for a mount skin is enough, especially when compared to the price of outfits, which I'd say probably take more work than a mount skin even though I'm not an expert.

@Samnang.1879 said:not that am unhappy with badger springer, but i would have liked to get the tiger one first. eventually im gonna collect all 150 pokemon the mount skins XD

When I first saw the Badger springer I was like REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, but then I realized that I wouldn't be able to tailor the dye channels for each of my characters because part of the charm of the skin is that it looks like a badger, with black/white fur; changing that to purple/orchid would ruin the REEEEEEE factor, so I opted instead for the Primeval Griff.

I like a few, mostly the raptors. I bought the War Eternal supply thing so I've got 2 of the mounts but I'm a little bummed that there's no discount if you want to buy the exotic ones since you'll have 2 left over licences... ehhh. Someone correct me if I'm wrong please.

@"Erasculio.2914" said:I'm not fond of RNG-based money making schemes. I would maybe be interested in buying a set of those mount skins if they came in a pack, like some of the packs we already got. But the current model (pay for a RNG chance to get one you may like or pay premium for the "right" to choose) doesn't really interest me.

Select tin coats more, but exists.

Well that's what people chose because of the RNG BS argument. You pay more for packs and premium skins, you pay less for the RNG skins that have no repeats. The community chose this, so I suggest throwing the blame. I honestly think it is MORE than fair, especially since there are NO repeats like most gacha ridden/loot boxes monstrosities of other MMOs.

@Lilyanna.9361 said:

Well that's what people chose because of the RNG BS argument. You pay more for packs and premium skins, you pay less for the RNG skins that have no repeats. The community chose this, so I suggest throwing the blame. I honestly think it is MORE than fair, especially since there are NO repeats like most gacha ridden/loot boxes monstrosities of other MMOs.

To be fair the community wasn't exactly given a choice. Anet released RNG only mount skins, a lot of people said they were unhappy with that being the only option so the next time they released RNG only or select licences for 3x the price, some people complained about that as well and we were told it's the best we're going to get.

It's not like they gave us a range of options and people decided this is the one they liked best.

Gah, decisions!

Anyone else holding off, trying to decide which one to select? I was hoping to see a video showing how all the dye channels worked, but nothing has come out. I can't make up my mind. Now I'm just anxiously hemming and hawing... I don't know if I should just bite the bullet, or keep waiting. There are several that I'm interested in, but the chances of me buying an additional 1200 gem exotic breeds select license are slim to none.

Am I the only one? Should I just go for it?