Farewell Dragon bash... We'll miss you..

@Kattenpootjes.4291 said:

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a fun little extra, although I can't say I actually got much from it in terms of rewards. Maybe next year

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so, there wasn't much other than the same old farming for maximum profit and some achievement points.. The weird semi holo helmet and an edited version of the holo wings were the only new skins I think? Feels so half assed to only release a helmet and not an entire armor set. But I guess that's asking for too much :'(

It's an annual festival now, maybe they're building up to a full armour set like they did with the corsair armour in Season 4?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Randulf.7614 said:It was a fun little extra, although I can't say I actually got much from it in terms of rewards. Maybe next year

• Adventures = great, really great
  • Moa race = don't get the point of it, totally rng; could use the spectator mode give players the ability to influence the race
  • Dragon Arena = should add a ranking board just like adventures, the group members with their top round cleared with the best time
  • Stampede = some more work can be put into the scaling... normal mobs die so fast, while the vet takes forever to kill
  • need Dragon Ball back!!!

was pretty fun to start with...

... but I don't know about everyone else, but does anyone feel like the event period was a bit long?

@crepuscular.9047 said:

• Moa race = don't get the point of it, totally rng; could use the spectator mode give players the ability to influence the race
  • Dragon Arena = should add a ranking board just like adventures, the group members with their top round cleared with the best time
  • Stampede = some more work can be put into the scaling... normal mobs die so fast, while the vet takes forever to kill

... but I don't know about everyone else, but does anyone feel like the event period was a bit long?

I think next time they should limit moa racing to one bet per race. Before everyone found out that you could bet on them all, there was a lot of fun going on and cheering on the respective moa. When you are guaranteed a win, the fun and the anticipation is gone.

@Randulf.7614 said:

I think next time they should limit moa racing to one bet per race. Before everyone found out that you could bet on them all, there was a lot of fun going on and cheering on the respective moa. When you are guaranteed a win, the fun and the anticipation is gone.

well... the thing is, Anet wants to make sure that 'everyone is a winner'... and myself who only got limited time each day to do stuffs in-game, that decision really helped with moving onto other to-dos

betting on all is fine, in the real world you can bet against all horses...... I think what it really need is for players to influence the outcome of the race by making the cheers boost moas speed

I think what could be even better is like Twitch Play style of Temple Run, spectators would need to control the moas overcoming obstacles, and obviously there will be jokers who would try to sabotage it

I think the bet to win or bet all was to give players the ability to move forward on the achievements, or to bet on the winner. What could be added is an incentive to pick the winner. But that would most likely involve a multi tier achievement and they already had a lot. My only critique was the mount race seemed to be owned by the roller beetle? I tried it once and realized i didn't have a chance since i do not have a bettle mount. But with so much to do, it wasn't a big deal. :)

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:I think the bet to win or bet all was to give players the ability to move forward on the achievements, or to bet on the winner. What could be added is an incentive to pick the winner. But that would most likely involve a multi tier achievement and they already had a lot. My only critique was the mount race seemed to be owned by the roller beetle? I tried it once and realized i didn't have a chance since i do not have a bettle mount. But with so much to do, it wasn't a big deal. :)

You can rent a beetle for the race if you dont own one. All festival races have that option eg raptor rental at halloween

@Randulf.7614 said:

@Evon Skyfyre.9673 said:I think the bet to win or bet all was to give players the ability to move forward on the achievements, or to bet on the winner. What could be added is an incentive to pick the winner. But that would most likely involve a multi tier achievement and they already had a lot. My only critique was the mount race seemed to be owned by the roller beetle? I tried it once and realized i didn't have a chance since i do not have a bettle mount. But with so much to do, it wasn't a big deal. :)

You can rent a beetle for the race if you dont own one. All festival races have that option eg raptor rental at halloween

Doh! I did not know that lol

I enjoyed Dragon Bash as well. I participated in more aspects of it than I do most of the festivals. It just felt more accessible to me for some reason. And I loved that was in Hoelbrak. Hoelbrak is expansive and open, and that's the kind of terrain I enjoy being in. I didn't get much in the way of rewards, but that's okay- it was still fun.

I wish I could have spent more time in the festival, but it was fun when I was there. I really would love for different cities to host different festivals. It's pretty magical to see a city change for a festival and how the environment is used for the activities. PPllleeassee consider having different cities host festivals!

@"Danikat.8537" said:I love your screenshot! I have a very similar one from the first Dragon Bash when it was Kralk photobombing!

tNFQqb2h.jpg

Also thanks to this topic I discovered the festival hadn't ended yet and I could squeeze in a little bit more Dragon Bashing before it's over! :D

The Shatterer, you mean. ^^

@"Randulf.7614" said:It was a fun little extra, although I can't say I actually got much from it in terms of rewards. Maybe next year

I dunno, my wallet certainly noticed the festival was around.

To all the players who relentlessly pursued the APs from consuming dragon bash yummies, or were convinced that the elusive infusion was "in the next coffer", my heartfelt thanks.

@"VAHNeunzehnsechundsiebzig.3618" said:Halloween: love the first week, then hope for a quick end.Wintersday: love the first week, then it is just some chore.Dragon Bash: liked the whole thing.

So the initial feeling was a bit more muted, but it kept on going.

same thing here usually get sickof festivals mid way through but i didnt with this one there really was more i wanted to try and do

Hoping the dev team sees this, because I feel I need to point out when something's done right.

In this case, what stood out for me is the meta-achievement structure. You can almost tell when a good team versus a meh team works on these, based on how many smaller achievements are necessary and which tasks are included.
I didn't have to commit several hours a night for three weeks straight to finish the meta-achievement, and I didn't have to complete asinine "perfect" tasks to get the lesser achievements. Unlike a hefty portion of Season 2, and seemingly alternating episodes in Seasons 3 and 4. This sort of structure (and reward) should be a standard withing GW2 development, not just one team's considerate approach.

@crepuscular.9047 said:

At the very least, some people were saying that using the firework skills while spectating a moa gave them a speed boost. I'm not entirely sure if this was confirmed (either by dev or statistics), but it seems plausible and reasonable.

Either way, I never saw The Fightin' Commander win a single race.

• need Dragon Ball back!!!But that's part of Lunar New Year now...

I don't mind it being part of LNY instead of Dragon Bash permanently. LNY is lacking enough as it is.

@"Randulf.7614" said:I think next time they should limit moa racing to one bet per race. Before everyone found out that you could bet on them all, there was a lot of fun going on and cheering on the respective moa. When you are guaranteed a win, the fun and the anticipation is gone.

I think the rewards need to be better for fewer bets made. I think it's really just a "bet on one" = several coffers/zhaitaffy; "bet on more than one" = 1 coffer. Could be better if it was tiered for every amount bet on.

@EmmetOtter.8542 said:Will Dragon bash be back next year?Events said annual, so that's very likely. No dev comment on the matter though.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@ricky markham.8173 said:same thing here usually get sickof festivals mid way through but i didnt with this one there really was more i wanted to try and do

What could that possibly be? Everything could get done in a matter of days, there was nothing that kept me going - it was just a daily chore after the first few days.

i had limited time this festival never got chance to do race nor the arena. i wanted to try both but never found the time

I enjoyed it, and glad that they brought back this festival. I really loved that it was in Hoelbrak! Norns love bashing and parties, and this festival was really fitting for them to host. I followed Knut Whitebear around for his entire tour of the event, and had a good laugh at some of his and the tourists comments.

My favorite Reveler was the Asuran that was near the gate waypoint who was obviously a huge admirer of the Commander. 'I wonder how the Commander would look in Vermillion'. So funny, along with his other speculations.

Highlights for me: Pinata Adventure, Mount Race, Arena, Holo Stampede, Moa Race, Pinata Bashing, Fireworks. Hmm, seems all the activities were my highlights! Not to mention the opportunity for more achievements.Thanks, Arenanet for the hours of fun!