Seal area trapping up to 20 targets = at least 1 thief required in a zerg now?

Joshewwah.2956

@Justine.6351 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

While ranger and thief got some kind of buffs this patch, they arent any more viable for squad spot.

Ranger buffs? wait what?It lost it's unblockable......(im not main ranger though)Although after a few fights today, i wonder why Rev "Phase Traversal" has 5secs of unblockable.

Rev unblockables only last for a couple hits and then done. Welcome to balance soulbeasts...

Sure, when we cut that Coalescence of Ruin crit damage in half it will balance out nicely.

Rock out here acting like Paper is OP but Scissors are fine.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might be a fun to switch utility once in awhile but I don't see that as a consistent squad build that a squad is going to wait around for you to prep and execute. It could be good as something you switch to real quick for a clutch play that a squad might capitalize on real quick if they see the opportunity but you only need to float around a squad.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

While ranger and thief got some kind of buffs this patch, they arent any more viable for squad spot.

Ranger buffs? wait what?It lost it's unblockable......(im not main ranger though)Although after a few fights today, i wonder why Rev "Phase Traversal" has 5secs of unblockable.

Rev unblockables only last for a couple hits and then done. Welcome to balance soulbeasts...

Those couple hits is what kills the opponents without much effort or within few seconds.You have unblockable, you have quickness and a 25% damage increase all in 1 skill.Try it...jump in with Phase Traversal then Staff 5 then Sword 4.

I'll leave that at that, don't want to derail OP's topic which is about thief.

@Justine.6351 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

That moment when you realize your turn at the block might be next...

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Sure, when we cut that Coalescence of Ruin crit damage in half it will balance out nicely.

Yeah someday when they make cor a skill that can hit a moving target, navigate terrain and not miss simply because of the gaps in its cascade...

I played lb ranger for a couple years. I know how easy it is to play without unblockable buffs let alone with them for an unlimited number of attacks for 3 seconds lol.

@Justine.6351 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Yeah someday when they make cor a skill that can hit a moving target, navigate terrain and not miss simply because of the gaps in its cascade...

I played lb ranger for a couple years. I know how easy it is to play without unblockable buffs let alone with them for an unlimited number of attacks for 3 seconds lol.

Hitting with hammer 3 and 5 on a rev isnt difficult either, and just as mindless as hitting SickEm then using LB2

Im fine with having zero unblockable in the entire game.

People on these boards while all too willing to ignore one broken thing, or even worse defending it while demanding nerfs to another broken thing, are simply Rock QQing that Paper is OP but claiming Scissors is fine.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Hitting with hammer 3 and 5 on a rev isnt difficult either, and just as mindless as hitting SickEm then using LB2

People on these boards while all too willing to ignore one broken thing, or even worse defending it while demanding nerfs to another broken thing, are simply Rock QQing that Paper is OP but claiming Scissors is fine.

Never called ranger unblockable buffs op. That was all in your head. And sure it's not hard to land 3 and 5 when you are dumping aoe on a zerg. But if anyone else eats those it's because they are potatoes. We arnt talking a glowy charge up animation, it's a huge fucking hammer over your head or the revenant leaping off the ground. Even with the added red ring people still eat hammer 5, it's sad really.

@Justine.6351 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Never called ranger unblockable buffs op. That was all in your head. And sure it's not hard to land 3 and 5 when you are dumping aoe on a zerg. But if anyone else eats those it's because they are potatoes. We arnt talking a glowy charge up animation, it's a huge kitten hammer over your head or the revenant leaping off the ground. Even with the added red ring people still eat hammer 5, it's sad really.

Mincing words at this point. You did say you didnt need it, which is the same thing Im saying.

This megacrit rev hammer build is another meme build just like the LB2 soulbeast build was, but its actually preferred in zergs, and people defending that while demanding ranger nerfs are logically contradicting themselves.

Justifying it by saying its easy to dodge or avoid is laughable, since its also easy to hit the dodge key twice when ranger LB2 is channeling, yet the forums light up like christmas to get that nerfed.

Keep in mind Im not QQing over the nerf, I just want equally unbalanced things also nerfed. Instead it gets proxy buffed and they remove the evade from druid staff 3 and call it a "balance patch."

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Never called ranger unblockable buffs op. That was all in your head. And sure it's not hard to land 3 and 5 when you are dumping aoe on a zerg. But if anyone else eats those it's because they are potatoes. We arnt talking a glowy charge up animation, it's a huge kitten hammer over your head or the revenant leaping off the ground. Even with the added red ring people still eat hammer 5, it's sad really.

Mincing words at this point. You did say you didnt need it, which is the same thing Im saying.

This megacrit rev hammer build is another meme build just like the LB2 soulbeast build was, but its actually preferred in zergs, and people defending that while demanding ranger nerfs are logically contradicting themselves.

Justifying it by saying its easy to dodge or avoid is laughable, since its also easy to hit the dodge key twice when ranger LB2 is channeling, yet the forums light up like christmas to get that nerfed.

Keep in mind Im not QQing over the nerf, I just want equally unbalanced things also nerfed. Instead it gets proxy buffed and they remove the evade from druid staff 3 and call it a "balance patch."

Help me understand....

Rev hammer isn’t 2 unblocables for the last 5 seconds, with malicious reprisal???Wich has a icd of 20sec.

Even if has no limit of atacks wich should have, every unblockable should have a limit for its time, hammer fire ratio is much slower than ranger stuff and way more telegraphed.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

Rev hammer isn’t 2 unblocables for the last 5 seconds, with malicious reprisal???Wich has a icd of 20sec.

Even if has no limit of atacks wich should have, every unblockable should have a limit for its time, hammer fire ratio is much slower than ranger stuff and way more telegraphed.

Something that hits for 20K crit one time only needs one charge of unblockable. The reason people QQ about LB2 is because they get hit with the full channel, all unblockable, and apparently going to the forum and demanding nerfs is easier than hitting a dodge key after realizing that they were being LB2 channeled.

My actual position is if they are going to nerf one meme build they all need to be nerfed. Im also not sure how many times I have to say they could eliminate unblockable from the entire game and Id be fine with it, before people stop including it in their justification

You guys will learn this lesson soon enough, as all of these "presumably unskilled" folks who were channeling people who couldnt hit a dodge key down on LB2 retreat to the next meme build and you find yourselves getting one shot hammered, or one shot mauled from stealth, or single bursted guardian trapped etc....

TL;DR: People declaring victory on this as if any one nerf stops it from happening are hilarious.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

Something that hits for 20K crit one time only needs one charge of unblockable. The reason people QQ about LB2 is because they get hit with the full channel, all unblockable, and apparently going to the forum and demanding nerfs is easier than hitting a dodge key after realizing that they were being LB2 channeled.

My actual position is if they are going to nerf one meme build they all need to be nerfed. Im also not sure how many times I have to say they could eliminate unblockable from the entire game and Id be fine with it, before people stop including it in their justification

You guys will learn this lesson soon enough, as all of these "presumably unskilled" folks who were channeling people who couldnt hit a dodge key down on LB2 retreat to the next meme build and you find yourselves getting one shot hammered, or one shot mauled from stealth, or single bursted guardian trapped etc....

TL;DR: People declaring victory on this as if any one nerf stops it from happening are hilarious.

20K with how many stacks on vulnerability ???

i played zerker revenant, those values are basicly against downeds (even on down its rare to obtain those values) , or zerker with a full stack of vulnerability and have 200-250% crit damage and fury and might, and that will make autos hit arround 4k to 8k... on zerkers

Should we talk about 18k+ maul on my 3k armor and protection?

And this rare moments only happens in zerg gameplay where u cant see what is damaging whom, due damage floaters everywhere lol, and invisible/clutered/non rendered atacks.

I dont mind Hammer Rev modifyers getting reduced a bit, but if Anet do that they need to nerf alot of aoe lol.... meme gimmick builds should be removed and put in pair with non cheese ones, that i agree.

Alot of ranger were actually cheesing with the unblcokaable system, with superspeed some with macros other even using package editing to spam faster, it was a momentum that could carry for most LB users, it had to be reduced.

It is a victory above powercreep yes.. and toughness counters rev damage :} we hit wet noodles some bulky players if they dont have lots of vulnerability (25 stacks of vulnerability = 25% damage received by condi and direct https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vulnerability)

Beastmasters need to adapt, and try to leech LB less, they can still melt a ravenant at range... just need to know how to do it at the right time...

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

i played zerker revenant, those values are basicly against downeds (even on down its rare to obtain those values) , or zerker with a full stack of vulnerability and have 200-250% crit damage and fury and might.Should we talk about 18k+ maul on my 3k armor and protection?

And this rare moments only happens in zerg gameplay where u cant see what is damaging whom, due damage floaters everywhere lol, and invisible/clutered/non rendered atacks.

I dont mind Hammer Rev modifyers getting reduced a bit, but if Anet do that they need to nerf alot of aoe lol.... meme gimmick builds should be removed and put in pair with non cheese ones, that i agree.

Yeah that guy got hit once on his glass build for big damage and now rev is op. He compares forced doubling dodging a sb super buffed rapid fire with hammer Rev skills you can walk out of the aoe lol. This is not mentioning the gigantic range difference. He is literally projecting because he keeps saying I called for sb nerfs, which I don't think I did, and turns around calling for hammer Rev nerfs. I just laugh at those tower rangers and push into them and they run or die.

Just another zergling crying "CoR does 20k damage every FOUR SECONDS! NEED NURF OR PIRATE SHIP META FOREVER!".

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

I've never been hit by 20k from anything on rev's hammer and I play glass ele most of the time.

CoR also requires open field and can be countered by side stepping or standing on slightly elevated terrain. Rapid fire can hit you with no problem while ranger is sitting inside objective or on top of the cliff or whichever safe spot you find.

@steki.1478 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Help me understand....

I've never been hit by 20k from anything on rev's hammer and I play glass ele most of the time.

CoR also requires open field and can be countered by side stepping or standing on slightly elevated terrain. Rapid fire can hit you with no problem while ranger is sitting inside objective or on top of the cliff or whichever safe spot you find.

Still trying to justify one meme build while demanding another be nerfed is Rock claiming Paper is OP but Scissors are fine.

@Justine.6351 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

i played zerker revenant, those values are basicly against downeds (even on down its rare to obtain those values) , or zerker with a full stack of vulnerability and have 200-250% crit damage and fury and might.Should we talk about 18k+ maul on my 3k armor and protection?

Yeah that guy got hit once on his glass build for big damage and now rev is op. He compares forced doubling dodging a sb super buffed rapid fire with hammer Rev skills you can walk out of the aoe lol. This is not mentioning the gigantic range difference. He is literally projecting because he keeps saying I called for sb nerfs, which I don't think I did, and turns around calling for hammer Rev nerfs. I just laugh at those tower rangers and push into them and they run or die.

Just another zergling crying "CoR does 20k damage every FOUR SECONDS! NEED NURF OR PIRATE SHIP META FOREVER!".

Im not the one QQing here. Im fine with either all meme builds or no meme builds. Trying to justify one meme build while demanding another be nerfed is Rock claiming Paper is OP but Scissors are fine.

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

i played zerker revenant, those values are basicly against downeds (even on down its rare to obtain those values) , or zerker with a full stack of vulnerability and have 200-250% crit damage and fury and might, and that will make autos hit arround 4k to 8k... on zerkers

Alot of ranger were actually cheesing with the unblcokaable system, with superspeed some with macros other even using package editing to spam faster, it was a momentum that could carry for most LB users, it had to be reduced.

It is a victory above powercreep yes.. and toughness counters rev damage :} we hit wet noodles some bulky players if they dont have lots of vulnerability (25 stacks of vulnerability = 25% damage received by condi and direct
)

Beastmasters need to adapt, and try to leech LB less, they can still melt a ravenant at range... just need to know how to do it at the right time...

Yes, include 18K+ maul from stealth as well. All the ramped up damage values dumbs the game down.

Im totally fine with the SB SicEm+LB2+unblockable nerf, just nerf the rest of the cheese as well. If not, thats the next thing you will be demanding nerf for anyhow., because this is what the cheese build players will graduate to.

I mean, does anyone actually believe that when one of these builds gets nerfed everyone that was playing it goes and plays a higher skill floor build?

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

Help me understand....

Still trying to justify one meme build while demanding another be nerfed is Rock claiming Paper is OP but Scissors are fine.

That argument is pretty bad considering that both of them melt ele with a single skill or 2 autos. There's no scissors when you play glass ele, but every pebble breaks your glass.

@Mil.3562 said:I guess the thief profession will be the next bat swing victim, two months later or earlier.

I doubt it. Considering all the nerfs every patch and the recent swipe change doubt a few niche preparation skills and a barely serviceable traitline change (SA) is gonna warrant any nerf passes lol if they did I'd be surprised even if it is arenet behind the decision making. Though being surprised at anything around here is kinda hard lol

After testing this on reset, I don't see a reason, why this should get nerfed. The problem: it can only be placed on the current theef position and it has 0.5 secs cast + 3 secs preparation. So, its very hard to effectively apply it on a moving enemy zerg.

You can effectively place it in a choke, when the enemy is forced to push through. And even then you don't really block the choke, its "just" stripping 20 stab and the bubble will disappear after 20 stab strips (or knockbacks). So its more like preparing the true choke block, which is LoW that really catches ppl off from their zerg.

I find it much more usefull in small scale fights or even duells, to be honest. Because 1-5 enemies can't make the bubble despawn early, but instead get knocked back several times and truely can be caught in the bubble. Combine it with smoke screen and stabstrip on steal and you'll have a fun time in your own created cage match :3

However, 20 boon strips every 35 secs are nice to have, and since they circumvent cover boons and directly target stab, its imo worth it to trade it with Power signet / roll for initiative / blinding powder :p

Until seal is immune to stab and has a fast deployment time, it is useless. Long deployment time requiring the thief to be in the right spot and invis for more than 3s or die and on a fairly long cooldown. It is basically a junk skill much less one that needs a nerf.

@SoV.5139 said:Still trying to justify one meme build while demanding another be nerfed is Rock claiming Paper is OP but Scissors are fine.

Thing is SB pre-nerf was a machine gun in the rock, paper, scissors small scale conversation. There are other builds (cough condi mirage cough) that need serious tuning but that doesn't negate the fact that a build with great mobility, stealth access, ridiculous multipliers, high quickness rotation, on top of a single button unblockable attack that rotates quickly all of which was packaged into an absurdly easy to play package needed addressing.

@Mil.3562 said:I guess the thief profession will be the next bat swing victim, two months later or earlier.

Next? How about a balance patch that doesn't nerf the class for once. Anet has gutted the class. It has no purpose and has lost virtually all meta build variants. The class only excels in +1 now. Thanks to Warclaw it doesn't even run away well any more. Mirage, Holo, Scrapper, Soul Beast all better at virtually everything a thief used to do well.

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@SoV.5139 said:

@"steki.1478" said:

Help me understand....

It is a victory above powercreep yes.. and toughness counters rev damage :} we hit wet noodles some bulky players if they dont have lots of vulnerability (25 stacks of vulnerability = 25% damage received by condi and direct
)

Yes, include 18K+ maul from stealth as well. All the ramped up damage values dumbs the game down.

Im totally fine with the SB SicEm+LB2+unblockable nerf, just nerf the rest of the cheese as well. If not, thats the next thing you will be demanding nerf for anyhow., because this is what the cheese build players will graduate to.

I mean, does anyone actually believe that when one of these builds gets nerfed everyone that was playing it goes and plays a higher skill floor build?

Shiro build is way more cheeese than the hammer damage ;)