Potential Future Balance Changes

What are your concerns with this set of changes?

Id say biggest thing is to split the guard changes between PvE (where they dont need the nerfs) and WvW (where they may be justified).Also wouldnt go after scourges sand barrier and utility. Would limit the changes to boon corruption for a small 'nerf only' balance patch like this.CoR change: agree with the telegraph being needed in WvW in particular, disagree with making there be no advantage to being at longer range... punishes good rev wing play and rewards people for standing on top of tag more. But given the changes that COULD have been made, i guess it could have been worse.

Would your gameplay change as a result?

Not really: makes 'on tag' play even more important and nerfs ranged play more. META will still be an on tag 'pirate ship' type of play.

Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?

Neither, dont really feel overall state of game will be effected by changes much.

Are you looking forward to these potential changes?

Nope

What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?

How much resistance on Call to Arms are we talking? Thats the big wild card here.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Warrior changes seem ok, but pleease dont give them concentration, its incredibly useless for warrior since they1)dont share many boons in the first place 2)those boons they do give out already have relatively long durations, so that they get ripped/corrupted before they can run out.

Id be happier about healing power(if we have to get a statboost) than concentration, so that shouts atleast heal a bit more. Or just keep the cooldown reduction instead of the statboost. (im happier to press more buttons than just getting some passive boost)

Only piece of feedback I have is for engineer:

Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.

I have an issue with this. Detection Pulse is essentially a pvp-only skill, which means as an engineer you're losing a toolbelt skill by taking Purge Gyro in pve.Instead, could you please replace the Expert Examination trait with some sort of Detection Pulse proc instead? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Expert_Examination

This trait is pretty much unused everywhere. Reworking that trait to be something like "Critically hitting a stealthed foe releases a Detection Pulse (30s CD)" gives scrappers a pvp-focused option, rather than replacing a toolbelt skill with something useless outside of pvp.

I had to login to response to this nonsense, lol yea nerf rangers more because they are so meta woooow. The most played class in wvw, i am been sarcastic by the way. No one use longbow in zergs because it sucks, yea there is the usual ranger here and there but no big deal, nobody wants them. This is why wvw is dead and no one plays, just ridiculous. WVW what is the meta now? guardians and scourges?, maybe some healing engineer. anet is stupid, just kill this game and make a new one or something. Just get worse with every patch.

Well my fault for believing they could fix this one day, since the day years ago they nerfed ranger shortbow because people were pressing 1111111111 to much, we all know it was going to end badly. At this point i think they just break the game on purpose, so people have to change builds, change stats and everything that comes with it (hours of play for mats, gold) so people keep playing. Then after a while, change the meta and back to it again, looking for new stats, new mats, over and over.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Greetings fellow Tyrians,

We've been thinking about implementing the following changes and wanted to share them with you to hear your thoughts and feedback. We’re aiming to bring into line some of the more dominant builds and compositions of the current WvW meta so that new options can be brought to the table, so the bulk of the changes shared here are WvW-centric. This is not the full list of changes that are being considered for the next balance update.

This is not a call for general profession feedback. Here are a few questions to think about while looking over the potential changes:

• Would your gameplay change as a result?
  • Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?
  • Are you looking forward to these potential changes?
  • What are your concerns with this set of changes?
  • What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?

With those types of questions in mind here's some of what we're looking at.

Engineer

• Chemical Field:Guardian

• Sanctuary: Increase number of enemies that can be knocked back by this skill from 10 to 20 before it expires.

• Tome of Resolve, Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: The existing split from PvP of cleansing 2 conditions is brought to WvW as well. This ability would continue to cleanse 3 conditions in PvE.

• Tome of Courage, Chapter 2 - Daring Challenge: This skill grants retaliation for 3 seconds instead of aegis.

• Tome of Courage, Chapter 5 - Unbroken Lines: This skill no longer grants aegis or retaliation.

Mesmer

• Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.
  • Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
  • Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
  • Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.
  • Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.

Necromancer

• Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
  • Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
  • Sand Cascade: Reduce the barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP.
  • Sand Flare: Reduced the barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW.

Ranger

• Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.

Revenant

• Coalescence of Ruin: This skill would no longer deals increased damage with successive impacts; instead it deals damage equal to what was previously the middle impact damage. Damage remains split between game modes. A red warning rectangle visible to enemies has been added to this skill.
  • Gaze of Darkness: This skill would reveal stealthed enemies up to 600 range away in addition to striking enemies within its 360 radius.

Warrior

• Charge: This skill would only removes movement impairing conditions and then increases the damage of affected allies' next 2 attacks by 25% in addition to its previous effects. Increase swiftness duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This skill becomes a blast finisher.
  • Call to Arms: Removes 3 conditions from affected allies instead of specific conditions. Grants barrier in addition to vigor.
  • Sight Beyond Sight: Increase the radius of this ability to reveal hidden enemies up to 600 range away.
  • Quick Breathing: Thinking of kicking re-working it a bit to pair with the warhorn skill changes so they feel more cohesive. Continues to increase number of targets for warhorn skills from 5 to 10 and causes warhorn skills to grant an additional boon instead of reducing the cooldown (Fury for Charge and Resistance for Call to Arms). Grant +120 Concentration.

We look forward to seeing your thoughts and feedback!

Sincerely,GW2 Systems TeamWhile I totally agree with changes to number 5 skill in f3 tome and F2 tome 2 , I don't think removing aegis from f3 tome 2 is good idea as it leaves the tome completely aegis less .there will be only one aegis when u enter f3 and then u won't be able to apply aegis using tome skills .Rather you should focus on dragon hunter , reworking heavy light will make the profession lot better.it doesn't need any damage buffs (buffs are always welcome) but making lb3 knockback baseline will provide Dhs opportunity to run big game hunter for more damage .if heavy light will improve lb (as many others suggested)then it will be option for lb build anyways ,so changing its location can give better options for traits selection as well. The trait which removes condition on block in Dh(forgot the name) is not that great and some rework would be awesome .

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

Engineer

• Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.Not too bad of an idea.
  • Purge Gyro: Reduce the number of cleansing pulses from 5 to 3 in WvW.Fair as long as Purity of Purpose isn't touched.
  • Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 seconds in WvW.Give a trade, such as reduced damage while in stealth, longer stealth, or something.

Guardian

• Sanctuary: Increase number of enemies that can be knocked back by this skill from 10 to 20 before it expires.
  • Tome of Resolve, Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: The existing split from PvP of cleansing 2 conditions is brought to WvW as well. This ability would continue to cleanse 3 conditions in PvE.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 2 - Daring Challenge: This skill grants retaliation for 3 seconds instead of aegis.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 5 - Unbroken Lines: This skill no longer grants aegis or retaliation.Fine changes. I would suggest taking out aegis for Unbroken Lines.

Mesmer

• Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.This is okay, though 8 seconds might be too short. 12?
  • Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
  • Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.I would discourage against the "line of sight" part, since there are too many open field places that have mysterious blockages of line of sight, especially in camps.
  • Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.Not necessary, but okay.
  • Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.Oddly random, considering the changes to traits/skills that used to have a random component. What happens if it tries to apply to one that is already off cooldown? Also, would it possibly apply to the skill that caused the interruption, e.g. Chaos Storm? Is it worth a Grandmaster spot? Would there be no cooldown of the proc?

Necromancer

• Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.
  • Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.I don't think this is necessary, since it's such a slow skill. If an enemy has 3 boons, they probably have 3-5 more.
  • Sand Cascade: Reduce the barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP.Good change.
  • Sand Flare: Reduced the barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW.I don't think this is necessary, since the self-healing part is low.

Ranger

• Long Range Shot: Reduce the damage range of this skill from 0.7-0.9 to 0.65-0.75 in WvW only.Probably necessary. Hitting 4k auto-attacks seems a bit excessive.

Revenant

• Coalescence of Ruin: This skill would no longer deals increased damage with successive impacts; instead it deals damage equal to what was previously the middle impact damage. Damage remains split between game modes. A red warning rectangle visible to enemies has been added to this skill.
  • Gaze of Darkness: This skill would reveal stealthed enemies up to 600 range away in addition to striking enemies within its 360 radius.Fine.

Warrior

• Charge: This skill would only removes movement impairing conditions and then increases the damage of affected allies' next 2 attacks by 25% in addition to its previous effects. Increase swiftness duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This skill becomes a blast finisher.

• Call to Arms: Removes 3 conditions from affected allies instead of specific conditions. Grants barrier in addition to vigor.

• Sight Beyond Sight: Increase the radius of this ability to reveal hidden enemies up to 600 range away.

• Quick Breathing: Thinking of kicking re-working it a bit to pair with the warhorn skill changes so they feel more cohesive. Continues to increase number of targets for warhorn skills from 5 to 10 and causes warhorn skills to grant an additional boon instead of reducing the cooldown (Fury for Charge and Resistance for Call to Arms). Grant +120 Concentration.So support warrior is going to be a thing? Seems strange to call them a warrior then; maybe rename it to Paragon.

• Would your gameplay change as a result?No.

• Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?Depends on what you feel "improve" is. These cut down the sustain of current healers in favor of more death, which would make fights shorter instead of a sustain-forever type of play.

• Are you looking forward to these potential changes?Since I'll end up dying more often, probably not.

• What are your concerns with this set of changes?If the aim is to nerf healers, be prepared for the backlash because of the expensive and rare materials required to make the healer gear.

• What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?I think groups that are aggressive in attacking first will love them, while others that hate giving bags to enemies will be even more afraid to come out of their forts. Groups will adjust in the end, however.

My reaction: ew

On chaos storm: No, just no. I main mesmer. I occaisionally use chaos storm for bar breaking in PVE and I'm more than sure that I get more than 1 tick on average. This severely cripples usefulness of staff in PVE situations and PVP as well. Chaos storm used to do a ton of damage, now it feels more effect based, if you go this direction I'm going to want to stop using staves altogether. And tbh I won't know what to use instead. Mesmer feels like it has a few good weapons/builds and that's it. Nerfing everything into homogeneity doesn't make things feel better.

As a general observation: Why the hell are you nerfing so much? And so much of it is general PVE, disgusting. I already have enough issues when there aren't enough people around that this just feels wrong in terms of PVE. In PVP my question is this: what is supposed to be each professions' capability/uniqueness? This just feels like whack a mole where you nerf whatever you feel is OP that day and then something else turns up useful tomorrow instead and that gets nerfed. Please, when nerfing things, consider global impact to all play modes if it's a nerf of that nature and even when being specific make sure that the given profession can still perform well both in groups and on its own with some concept of balance. When so many nerfs to so many different classes are happening, as a player, I question the motivations/training of the balance team. If so many classes weren't broken before but now suddenly are, what are they using as their measuring stick?

I struggle as a mesmer in PVP and I know Chaotic interruption is a strong talent in PVP but I don't know how to use it effectively I think this is going to nerf mesmers into uselessness in PVP. I'm assuming I struggle so much because I don't take this talent and don't know how to use it.

This also hurts given the chrono changes I want you to stop nerfing stuff.

@Nebilim.5127 said:Please apply the guardian changes to wvw ONLY, pve does NOT need those nerfs, firebrand support is barely a usable profession in there, punting because of wvw isn't healthy for the gamemode, and the class need every bit it can do to stand up to the other supports, druids will be forever the offensive buff bots, but let guardians have their boon coverage. In matter of fact, i think you should revert some of the cooldown nerfs to the tomes that were applied to them last few patches because i'm sure it was done because of WvW. So please, take great consideration to not needlessy hurt the class there.

Lots of quickbrand requested in Fractals still. The group questioned if it made Tempest obsolete.

It would be great to know your reasoning behind those changes, ANet. Why is it exactly you want to nerf Purge Gyro? This ability and its synergies are the sole reason Scrapper is considered for WvW zergs, with it nerfed we'll just be back to the old stinking Firebrand+Sourge meta everybody are sick of.

Can you please look into core engineer? There is a ton of suggestions on how to make it interesting again. Change "Shrapnel" trait so explosions are unblockable, and give Engineer some way to deal with Retaliation - some train in Inventions perhaps? -75% retal damage?

I also hope to see a nerf to thief's portal.It's super frustrating to defend objectives (keeps and towers), once a group manages to break into them.You just have to get a thief in there, place the portal then run out and you can keep portalling allies in.Especially mesmers that portal even more people in.

Some ways to nerf that:

1. Cool down of the portal begins, as soon as you use it for the first time, if I'm informed correctly. So just make the cooldown be bind to opening the portal. So that a thief that opened the portal has to stay in the objective for at least 3-5 minutes, before he can activate it again (which is still a problem due to permastealth)
  2. Portal now can be revealed by spells that reveal invisible units, and by revealing it, it gets destroyed.

You're so out of touch with WvW it's not even funny. WvW is in a good state right now. It's not perfect, but it's not broken. Just leave it alone, don't touch it. Don't go through with any of these nerfs. Instead of taking meta builds OUT of the meta, try to bring non meta builds INTO the meta.You've only proposed ONE good change, and that is giving Detection Pulse back. Because stealth is actually a little too strong. A 30 man guild group can easily stealth the whole group with 13 seconds of stealth from inside a tower. Then jump out and bomb an unsuspecting 50 man blob and they will lose half their blob in 3-5 seconds. And cloaking waters is even worse. I'd actually remove stealth from WvW altogether except from thieves and mesmers. But the least you can do is to put a cap on the stealth blasting.

Would your gameplay change as a result?

• not really
  • the overall dmg may be still too high.

• This is a good direction to improve the state of the game. But i think we still need to tune down all the dmg sources such as Manifest Shade, Hammer's Rev, and Meteor. This is just for zerg fight aspect.
  • I personally want the wvw zerg fight to last longer than we have right now. At this state, people have to much power and dmg, so everything ends too fast.

• Ofc i am. I love to see this kind of info for my beloved game mode but thb this is not the most ideal change yet. Keep doing it! plz.

• My concern is that the overall dmg will be too high compared to the support skill nerfs.

• I expect that the fight would significantly last longer than before but i also expect you guys do something with Desert Shroud on Scourge. This skill is too good because it gives scourge and allies barrier, does massive dmg, apply condi, and can control a lot of spaces of fights.

Btw I really appreciate that the devs try to listen to the community. This might not be good yet but as long as we are working together, we will be good.

ps. There are a lot of hard core wvw players out there that dont use the forum but discord. It would be great if you guys try to reach out to them.The truth might be hurt or even come with a little toxicity at first but plz, believe me, those people know a lot about wvw and balance :)

Can the barrier nerfs for scourge please be WvW only? My impression is that this is a problem in zergs in WvW with multiple scourges. However, in sPvP there is usually just one scourge per team. That is not too much.I play mostly blood magic scourge in high silver / low gold. Surely it's different for really good players, but for many of us average players, a scourge might be the ONLY support a team has. Also, how does my scourge stay alive with significantly nerfed barriers?

I really don't want to switch to Reaper. :( I like scourge gameplay. But it has to be somewhat viable on its own. Firebrands, let alone good ones, are super rare in my general rating area.

@fewfield.7802 said:Would your gameplay change as a result?

• not really
  • the overall dmg may be still too high.

• This is a good direction to improve the state of the game. But i think we still need to tune down all the dmg sources such as Manifest Shade, Hammer's Rev, and Meteor. This is just for zerg fight aspect.
  • I personally want the wvw zerg fight to last longer than we have right now. At this state, people have to much power and dmg, so everything ends too fast.

• Ofc i am. I love to see this kind of info for my beloved game mode but thb this is not the most ideal change yet. Keep doing it! plz.

• My concern is that the overall dmg will be too high compared to the support skill nerfs.

Support skill nerfs? They are almost unmentionable. At least the guard ones.If you refer to engi, necro gets the corrupts gutted as well.If at all, I'd say boonspam is way too much.Removing a lot of it will also result in less dmg.And less survivability.Right now. Guard has way too many boons, that he can generate alone. Or support skills.

I think even if you would make guard only give stability, some protection, some regeneration and aegis, there would still be a guard mandatory in every single group.

• I expect that the fight would significantly last longer than before but i also expect you guys do something with Desert Shroud on Scourge. This skill is too good because it gives scourge and allies barrier, does massive dmg, apply condi, and can control a lot of spaces of fights.

Err what?1.Desert shroud doesn't give barrier to allies.2.Scourges dmg is already lower than rev and ele

And fights wouldn't last longer than now. If at all, they are even faster over due to less barrier.

The point I do agree with: less aoe spam pls.

Btw I really appreciate that the devs try to listen to the community. This might not be good yet but as long as we are working together, we will be good.

I really hope. These notes get adjusted due to the communities feedback.And not just go through without adjustments like all the patches before

ps. There are a lot of hard core wvw players out there that dont use the forum but discord. It would be great if you guys try to reach out to them.The truth might be hurt or even come with a little toxicity at first but plz, believe me, those people know a lot about wvw and balance :)

The big issue with a lot of these changes is it doesn't address the core problem in WvW: Buffs/Healing. Sure, Necro might deserve some nerfs but its one of the only classes that can peel buffs fairly often. But even then it doesn't matter. When you have 2-3 firebrands who can spam buffs/heals nonstop and never fear anything, that's the real issue in WvW. I think buffs need to be given a hard look at. In the time it takes a Necro to peel buffs they can be re-applied 5 times over.

I think overall CDs in WvW need to be increased. Mobility skills for example are a huge issue. They should be used to: Either get in the battle fast or to run away. Being able to use them multiple times in a fight/skirmish is a problem. Then you add in the imbalance of some professions having no access to them and its a unbalanced playing field. Looking at whats proposed here it will only re-inforce the dominance of firebrand ball squads rolling over everyone. Once you gut Necro and no one plays them that's even less Boon Strip in the mode.

Longbow ranger is already pretty weak in WvW and it is often ineffective against meta comps before the last round of nerfs, I don't know why you are doing more. If you want to spike someone down with a glass build, thief and mesmer are already far more effective than the stronger longbow builds (which have all their effectiveness restricted to a small burst window which has since been significantly nerfed).

Nerfing longbow again is beating a dead horse. Unlike sPvP, where projectile hate is limited to five possible enemy sources, a single revenant, guardian or warrior can almost completely shut down a longbow ranger's role in WvW with a single skill, and that is incredibly common in WvW with groups of 20+ players, any one of them can protect the rest of the group with projectile hate. Similar "pick" roles already outperform rangers due to no less reliance on projectiles, and often more useful abilities like boon rips (necros) or long range pulls (engineers). When trying to pick off someone in a group, these are by far the most useful abilities, which rangers do not have.

All ranger has is a short window of burst DPS on a glass build. Outside of that it has long range shot to sustain pressure but it no longer benefits from DPS buffs and is completely stopped by projectile hate because the unblockable buffs will wear off.

I'd also like to point out that a nerf to longbow is nerfing a core ranger ability when it's clearly the Soulbeast's ability to stack extra stats (from merging with a pet) that is causing the "problem". More nerfs to core ranger abilities (just like when spirits got nerfed because druid was too strong) will flow on to the rest of the profession's performance. Every build using longbow will suffer, when only the Soulbeast was the one pushing out the big numbers. Stop nerfing core ranger abilities to fix problems with elite specs.

I've played ranger since launch and a lot of that was in WvW. It's one of the most common complaints (at every point in the game's life) that a commander wants 0 rangers in their squad. The profession is one of the least wanted as an ally because it doesn't do all the things the more dominant professions (warrior, guardian, necromancer) do and even in its role (pick) it's less popular than the alternatives (mesmer, thief, engineer). Soulbeast was the first time ranger actually had smooth gameplay in WvW and it was worth bringing one over another profession (it had a small but fun niche - a brief window of burst DPS that could down a target but rarely finish them, but at least they had to stop to revive). Whenever you got too good at it, the enemy zerg gets two guardians to bring Wall of Reflect, or a rev maintaining Ventari bubbles and your ability to do anything with a longbow is massively reduced (this is before you even consider than the large health pools, defensive stats and endless barrier zerg groups have makes longbow burst at its best ineffective many times).

If this change goes through it will weaken an already weak build. Yes the build is strong against glass roamers, but glass roamers are incredibly strong against it (it doesn't have the escapes/stealths that mesmer and thief have and it doesn't have the durability of a tanky roaming build like druid or engineer). Ranger is already not welcomed by many zergs, nerfing one of the only viable group fight builds the profession has is just going to make it harder for rangers to do anything other than roam ineffectively or scout. It won't change the meta (the meta already ignores rangers) but it will make one of the nine professions much less welcome at all in WvW.

PvP is the only place longbow is good at anything. It's incredibly weak in PvE, you can't use it in raids or fractals, but in PvP it's the only place where a longbow ranger can accomplish anything competitively. If you really are going to keep hitting it like this you may as well remove it from the game because it usually doesn't have a meta role anywhere.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:Greetings fellow Tyrians,

We've been thinking about implementing the following changes and wanted to share them with you to hear your thoughts and feedback. We’re aiming to bring into line some of the more dominant builds and compositions of the current WvW meta so that new options can be brought to the table, so the bulk of the changes shared here are WvW-centric. This is not the full list of changes that are being considered for the next balance update.

This is not a call for general profession feedback. Here are a few questions to think about while looking over the potential changes:

• Would your gameplay change as a result?

So i am a main necromancer, i think it's time to change class or to stop the game. Why? Cause this a just some lazy nerf who say "let's cut by 20/33 % all the strongest aspects of the class". This like the chronomancer back then : let's cut everything that make him intersting. And we can see how many chronomancer are still playing wvwvw or pvp.

• Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?

At first i was thinking it could be somthing intersting. But i really fear those change for wvwvw. So if you wanna replace necromancer atm wich dps you will choose? Herald, thief and elementalist. So this will somthing like "wait what killed me here? Oh it' just a 10k damage for that that class. It's nice to be a ministrel guardian".

• Are you looking forward to these potential changes?

Not at all. At least not without some real balancing with them.

• What are your concerns with this set of changes?

Laziness. When you balance somthing, you nerf some aspect and buff some other aspect of a class, specializing it in this aspect. Here you just we are tired of necromancer in wvwvw and makes him out off meta like chronomancer or ranger. If you nerf somthing by 20% you should and must bring some buff to over thing to make the balance, if not it's just laziness.

• What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?

Necromancer, what should tey do now? Nerf in both pvp and wvwwvw quite a nich role in raid. At start probably go for reaper instead of scourge (like mirage for chronomancer) for the time they lvl up/stuff some elementalist/herald. And then enjoy wvwvw with the one shot under stealth you dont even understand where does it come from. So yeah no more scourge and only herald backlane probably the course you go.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:Greetings fellow Tyrians,We look forward to seeing your thoughts and feedback!You nearly got me with this one!

Mesmer

Illusion of Life: Make the class more useless than it is now. I dont see any problems with IoL, this is situational skill, still no incentive to bring the mesmer to zerg fight. Please adress other issues. This is not one of them.Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Chaos Storm: Why? Isnt the Stability spam not too strong? Still staff mesmer is rarely seen in zerg fights due to cast time and clumsiness of this weapon. Please adress real issues.Chaotic Interruption: ... not worth bringing to zerg fights - 5s cd red on random skill of weapon set - no, thank you, its not worth itNecromancer

Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.This is actualli interesting, but wont change much.Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.Sand Cascade: Reduce the barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP.Good direction, might be interesting, but still its too much barrierSand Flare: Reduced the barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW.

Revenant

Coalescence of Ruin: This skill would no longer deals increased damage with successive impacts; instead it deals damage equal to what was previously the middle impact damage. Damage remains split between game modes. It changes nothing. Please rethink this skill - its brought due the power 'not being projectle' and utility ofr revGaze of Darkness: This skill would reveal stealthed enemies up to 600 range away in addition to striking enemies within its 360 radius.**Buff we dont ask, but nice to have - easier to deal with perma stealth thieves - not realy."Warrior

Please stop with 'grant additional boon' ! Metais already overflown with buff stacking, so maybe something to counter that (not necessarly only on necro?)

Regarding Engineer

Chemical Field

In my opinion, it's a bit sad about chemical field, but the alternatives were worse.The WvW support scrapper would use Bulwark, Purge, and Stealth gyro.So, it's either defense-field (which is amazing), rollback to not have Function gyro on F5 (which will not happen), or chemical field.It is not logical to have an anti-stealth skill on the purge-gyro, though... Before it made much more sense.But it's great to have detection pulse back. Every WvW-raid since it was gone was at least one fight it would have helped a lot.

Purge gyro

The purge-gyro nerf does not hurt too much, but is unnecessary and won't fix anything.You could say antitoxin is the problem, but actually condispam of scourge is.If there are less condition floating around coming from a power-specced class, the overcleanse would be useless most of the time.Then engineers will on their own switch to monk to increase healing. And then condi-based zergs would make sense again.

Purge gyro

Stealth-gyro CD increase is a bit sad, but understandable. In WvW it can be used 3-4 times in a fight to start in stealth, restealth, safe-rezz or escape.I guess around 70s CD makes sense in WvW zerging.