Potential Future Balance Changes

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScrapperThe scrapper engineer fixes aren't going to make as much of an impact compared to changing Rune of Antitoxin. Maybe have the rune reduce incoming poison and bleed damage instead of removing a second condition or only remove conditions with a cooldown of 20 seconds. Hitting Purge Gyro too much would just encourage Elixir Gun use (elixir gun 3 removes 5 conditions). There needs to be more reveal ingame and an even longer cooldown on sneak gyro in WvW given it stealths so many people: compare it to mass invisibility or veil and consider it is also a smoke field.

FirebrandI'm not a fan of the removal of aegis on Firebrand's daring challenge (Courage chapter 2) but I mostly use it as an interrupt/stability removal. Removal of aegis on chapter 5 seems alright given it has a large toughness bonus.I would reduce cooldown with the Archivist of Whispers trait instead of making it 8 pages to discourage spamming everything in the tome. It should work more like an engineer kit or elementalist attunement. Just about everyone runs Legendary Lore trait so all the Tome of Courage and Resolve skills are just spitting out protection and regen respectively. Once you remove the effectiveness of Tome of Courage it becomes a healing class.

ScourgeThis is the largest problem in WvW. Reducing barrier level is a start but I would seriously consider reducing base barrier on f3 sand cascade rather than outright reduction.I don't feel it warrants a reduction in PvP. The reason why barrier is so powerful is because it can be used preemptively and isn't stripped unlike aegis.A reduction in Sand Flare barrier makes sense but the healing needs to be adjusted or scourge will lose a lot of its personal survivability as it lacks an actual shroud (Desert Shroud/Harbinger Shroud is on 30 cooldown). Support scourges still retain the option to run Desert Empowerment.Devouring darkness / Feast of Corruption damage is minor compared to the boon corruption, so changing the boon corruption to 2 deep seems in line with other skills. For comparison, well of corruption only removes 1 boon per tick but it is used due to AoE and the large coverage.Right now the fact that Scourge can remove conditions every 5 seconds with Nefarious Favor (f2) means conditions need to be loaded up in order to stick as well , which is why it's partly scourge wars in WvW since its introduction.

Revenant/HeraldCoR (Coalescence of Ruin) could have the third level damage removed as it rewards skilled use. Having it one damage level removes the player's thought in use of the skill and incentivizes spamming CoR even at close range. A warning rectangle is long overdue. Due to the effect of terrain, I don't think that further changes are necessary if the third tier damage is removed, maybe a slight recharge increase at best. It's a far cry from its initial rendition that hit through walls on 2 second cooldown as it also has the invulnerability to a second concurrent CoR on being hit with one CoR.We'd see more renegades if the alacrity actually stayed up , but due to the prevalence of scourges the renegade alacrity isn't that viable.

WarriorCharge seems to have too much of a damage bonus at 25%. Consider that it is multiplicative. Damage multipliers have always been problematic. Adding stability or stunbreak onto it would have it see far more use outside of gimmicks than a damage bonus. Right now it really comes down to Winds , full counter/ hammer burst skill (the daze/stun removes enchantments with spellbreaker's traitline), and break enchantments (which being 2 boons deep with PBAOE is harder to land compared to devouring darkness or even the reaper "Nothing can Save you" shouts).

RangerOther than for roaming, dragonhunter is far more relevant and doesn't require traitlines to have piercing. Also Hunter's Ward (longbow 5) is extremely strong in WvW compared to barrage. Long range shot change has minimal influence as there are other classes using projectiles that happen to have piercing (also warrior rifle or engineer rifle not just DH longbow). It is probably the Soulbeast +200 power from using Smokescale , power /ferocity bonuses from the best mastery traitline when merged as soulbeast, and "Sic Em" skill's damage multiplier that are to blame and not so much longbow auto (there's quite a few ranger traited damage multipliers).

MesmerChrono is completely broken (as in obsolete) in teamfight WvW due to clone reliance and is more or less completely replaced by scrappers (and mirage as far as roamers). There's nothing noted that will return chrono.Mirage still sees use (in roaming) after nerfs, but other than being a major pain to fight it isn't as broken as it was.

No mention of ElementalistElementalists on staves had minor improvement from Power Overwhelming, but without heralds and empowers it takes time to build up might (which is easily stripped). Meteor and lava font are still mostly gutted ; meteor is only relevant when hitting siege. When meteor hits players it is mostly absorbed by barrier or aegis which greatly diminishes its impact.

No mention of ThiefOther than deadeyes killing people roaming while perma-stealthed and portaling people into structures, there's nothing worth noting. Serious teamfght players run daredevils to finish downed players.

In general:Ascended food having additional stats was a bad idea. However since it's a done deal, maybe consider reducing keep claim stat bonuses.

Mesmer

• Illusion of Life: Increase the cooldown of this skill from 75 to 90 seconds in PvP & WvW and reduced the duration from 15 seconds to 8 seconds of its effect in PvP & WvW.IoL is plenty punishing as it is if you panic and mess it up, and the duration doesn't seem to matter because your allies can go right back down again if they get resurrected. It's hard to see this one as a reasonable change, as most group play mesmers don't run IoL anyways, and it's not a skill which gets regularly used - only under specific conditions. Generally, if skills get reduced in duration or increased in cooldown, there's a counterplay element that comes with it. Maybe there are other changes in the works, but without them I'm not really seeing the logic behind this one.
  • Power Break (Mantra of Pain): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.
  • Power Lock (Mantra of Distraction): This skill now requires you to face your target and respects line of sight.Totally reasonable, happy to see it.
  • Chaos Storm: This skill now always dazes on the first strike but can no longer randomly daze on other strikes. This change also applies to Lesser Chaos Storm. Added skill fact to show chaos storm's duration.This seems okay, with the trait line options currently available.
  • Chaotic Interruption: This trait has been re-worked and now reduces the cooldown of one of your weapon abilities by 5 seconds when you interrupt a foe.Can we have a serious discussion about mesmers and randomness? Mesmer is pretty much the only class which has elements of true randomness to it as part of its core kit. Some of this randomness is in good or okay places, like Chaotic Storm, Chaos Armor, and SoI passive. But I think there are particularly bad places to put randomness, especially if you compare it to other light-class kits. One of those is in the mesmer downstate 2 - how many times have mesmers moved to exactly where they hope to not go? And the aforementioned CI change is another one of those. In the current state of the game, I think it's going to be anywhere between quite difficult to nigh-impossible to proc this trait as written because of Stability-happy builds, and for what? Reduced cooldown on a random weapon skill which might have been almost ready again anyways? The cooldown reduction similar to this on Chrono Shatter 2 works because it interplays with the clone generation mechanic, but that works because chronomancer generates clones all the time in every gameplay mode. I don't think it will work here, in this case, as written, as well as it's hoped to. I get that balancing builds and traits is hard but this seems like a really weird choice only made because mesmer has other elements of randomness in its kit, so why not add another?

I don't have any massive issues with these proposals. However, I don't think they go very far to actually reach your goal of bringing other options to the table.

What I would really like to see it the re-working of classes which are not used in WvW to make them more viable options.

Nerfing the 5 condition cleanse to 3 on scrapper would make the skill mediocre considering Elixir C toolbelt removes 2(Convert) on a lower cooldown.

Light Field is useless, there is a high Retaliation uptime and condi damg reduction is not effective.

Guaranteed Daze on the Chaos Storm ruins the flavour or theme of the Trait line "Chaos". It should happen randomly.It would just be another Hammer 5 on Scrapper otherwise. It is important that skill on different proffesion are unique beyond visuals.

What would be the point of tome 3 on Fb if you remove all the Aegis? Might aswell make it an Engineer Kit lool. Not a Fb player but this sounds ridiculous. The Cooldowns in the Tomes are long enough.

Longbow on Ranger, you can reduce the damage all you like but don't touch it's range. It's meant to be a "Ranger"

The War Horn buffs on Warrior sound good, Barrier on Warrior sounds off, Maybe Protection instead. All that said, I don't think a warrior would leave the other offhands for warhorn. Its not because they are OP, rather they are better suited to the Bursty Nature of the Game.

New Chaotic Interruption sounds lame, your weapon skills cooldown are already low enough between weapon swaps.

Sugestion: Staff 4 Now Applies a random condition (Listed on Skill) and dazes your Foe while granting you Chaos Armour. Interrupting a Foe grants you and your illusions Chaos Armour.

Ps. Bring Back old Meteor Shower on Ele, it such a Lame skill now.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

Engineer

• Chemical Field: This skill is replaced by Detection Pulse (from the old Sneak Gyro elite toolbelt) as the toolbelt skill for Purge Gyro.
  • Purge Gyro: Reduce the number of cleansing pulses from 5 to 3 in WvW.
  • Sneak Gyro: Increase the cooldown of this ability from 45 to 75 seconds in WvW.
  • Chemical Field: Ok!.
  • Purge Giro: Ok!.
  • Sneak Giro: Better reduce the pulses from 6 to 4(down from 5s to 3s). 75s looks too high, a max 60s would be fine.
  • Damage Dumpener: Please, change this. It's horrible! Make him grant Retaliation when takes direct damage(may has a cooldown). Additionaly, makes Retaliation grants 300 Vitality(nulifies the bad effect of Impact Savant).

Guardian

• Sanctuary: Increase number of enemies that can be knocked back by this skill from 10 to 20 before it expires.
  • Tome of Resolve, Chapter 2 - Radiant Recovery: The existing split from PvP of cleansing 2 conditions is brought to WvW as well. This ability would continue to cleanse 3 conditions in PvE.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 2 - Daring Challenge: This skill grants retaliation for 3 seconds instead of aegis.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 5 - Unbroken Lines: This skill no longer grants aegis or retaliation.
  • Sanctuary: Already is too strong... Better reduce the recharfrom 75s to 60s on both versions(active and passive)
  • Tome of Resolve: For purity of purpose, better remove all boom application from this Tome, except Regeneration on Chapter 3.
  • Tome of Resolve, Chapter 2: Better remove the existing Split between game modes, additionaly remove the heal per condition cleansed.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 1: Better replace Stability for Fury.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 2: Ok!
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 4: May be good replace Resistence for Alacrity. Let the Strong defence with the chapter 5.
  • Tome of Courage, Chapter 5: Better remove all those unconterable buffs(this case, Umbroken Lines). Aegis is fine here, but Retaliation could be replaced for Vigor and Resistence.

Warrior

• Charge: This skill would only removes movement impairing conditions and then increases the damage of affected allies' next 2 attacks by 25% in addition to its previous effects. Increase swiftness duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. This skill becomes a blast finisher.
  • Call to Arms: Removes 3 conditions from affected allies instead of specific conditions. Grants barrier in addition to vigor.
  • Sight Beyond Sight: Increase the radius of this ability to reveal hidden enemies up to 600 range away.
  • Quick Breathing: Thinking of kicking re-working it a bit to pair with the warhorn skill changes so they feel more cohesive. Continues to increase number of targets for warhorn skills from 5 to 10 and causes warhorn skills to grant an additional boon instead of reducing the cooldown (Fury for Charge and Resistance for Call to Arms). Grant +120 Concentration.
  • Charge: May be better grants only ofensive boons in addition to remove only movement impairing conditions and execute a blast finisher. Swiftness and Quickness(both 6 sec) are 2 good boons for this context.
  • Call to Arms: Ok!, but may be good reduce the vigor to 8s from 10s. The goal upon fix the boon uptime(of both warhorn skills) in half of traited version, are forces the player to invest resources on concentration to get 100% uptime.
  • Quick Breathing: May be better let it as is. Warhorn aready is too Strong...

Sorry bad english! :)

Would your gameplay change as a result?Scrapper has been my main for a long time. The change with detection pulse on purge gyro fixes nothing.

Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?Personally can't get much worse. Scrapper is completely ruined in PvP at the moment. It doesn't do anything well. The function gyro change was horrible and nothing in the trait line or any other trait line syncs with wells.

Are you looking forward to these potential changes?Nope.

What are your concerns with this set of changes?The scrapper continues to remain ruined in PvP.

What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?Not going to play PvP until it's fixed.

These potential changes are nice, but can we do something about the underused classes in wvw like Chronomancer and Tempest. Maybe instead continuously nerfing popular classes and buffing underwhelming classes, we give each class something unique they can do better than other classes.

We used to always bring a Chronomancer in wvw for alacrity, mainly to spam siege weapon skill faster. Then Anet nerfed alacrity to obscurity and gave Revenant the ability to provide alacrity, a class that has way better tools in prolonging boons, it became pointless to bring a Chronomancer.

Tempest used to be one of the top supports before third expansion came out. If Anet doesn't intend for Tempest to beat Firebrand in terms of healing and providing boons, can they at least give Tempest something they do best in. Right now they don't do anything better than Firebrand and Scrapper. Maybe buff the auras?

I mean the balance team is gonna be stuck in an endless cycle of buffs and nerfs (not saying it's not the norm with MMOs nowdays), why not give each specialization something unique they can do while players complain about balances. Then at least we won't hear about people threaten to rage quit the game if Anet nerfs their class.

If these proposed changes go through, a few months down the road, we are gonna have this discussion again and the cycle continues.

PVP Perspective

Tome of Courage, Chapter 2 - Daring Challenge: This skill grants retaliation for 3 seconds instead of aegis.Unnecessary nerf, this will hurt a lot the defensive option when Tome of Courage is equipped because its a Tome that doesn't have direct heal. Usually, this Aegis is used between dodges to kite damage and heal a bit. This need to be reviewed.

Tome of Courage, Chapter 5 - Unbroken Lines: This skill no longer grants aegis or retaliation.If you gonna remove aegis or retaliation, you can think about add 1 or more stacks of stability to this skill, will help a bit versus cc chains classes.

Saw this topic and thought, "Oh maybe there will be meaningful changes other than just nerfs.". Nope. Nerf into the ground. I used to be excited about patch notes, now It just makes me want to quit even more every time I see them. You are slowly ruining all the classes I play. I'm still salty about changes you made months ago. Im sick of this cycle.

I have always been of the mindset that there should be as few skills split between modes as possible. I advocated this in Guild Wars 1 as well. Splitting skills creates unnecessary workloads on the balance team, and I have no doubt that good compromises can be made that remove the necessity of split skills if enough time and effort is dedicated to balancing them. For this reason I cannot agree with any changes that would split (or further split) skills between game modes.

Aside from this, I like the idea of giving guardian's shield more push back. Anything that allows them to better play their role as protectors, and honestly as someone who is wholly uninterested in ever playing Staff Mesmer I can't say these changes really affect that disinterest at all...

What is the purpose of these questions? Some kind of guided feedbacks? If so, what is the point of asking for feedbacks again when all will be ignored as usual? ANet is nerfing Scrapper again, as if the last big nerf is not enough, and despite all the outcries and feedbacks we gave.

So, what is the point of these questions again? Is it for the team's entertainment so that they can have another good laugh at how naive and wishful we are?

If you care about wvw, start to remove one shot build. I never seen a competitive game when a single skill can hit more than the average of players health pool.

About the balances, I speak only for mesmer. What I don't understand is why you continue to nerf core traits/skills that were there for a long time (and nobody complains about) and don't focus on the reason of this mess: the mirage.

Why nerf barrier? The reason it can be good is because of the short window of time it is up. If it was like temp hitpoints where it was always on until damaged through (per D&D for instance) then sure, nerf it, but in GW2 its up for a small window. Barrier replaces having 2 HP pools for scourges, and nerfing it would require some compensation in stability (something the class was left intentionally weak in).

You give permanent stealth to one dodgy avoidance class, superior avoidance while being able to use other skills to another, and warriors and rangers have literal invulnerability for longer than this and still deal damage.

Another classic example of failing to balance the mitigation classes vs the dodgy avoidance classes.

If shaking up the WvW meta is the goal, I would like to make a single trait suggestion for each profession that would increase their viability or allow other similar specs competitive ground.

Spellbreaker:Make "Fast Hands" baseline as a profession mechanic for warrior. This means Discipline isn't half as mandatory for every single build out there, and allows for more variation especially if Tactics and Arms get brougt up to par with the rest of the traitlines.

Firebrand:Move "Force of Will" from Honor to f.ex Valor. The reason being right now heal Firebrand doesn't have to make any sacrifices and can therefore build for maximum synergy. This little change would reign in some of their sustain/healing even if it didn't lead to new builds, and would end up contending with Monk's Focus.

Herald:Change "Roiling Mists" to, instead of doubling fury effectiveness (which promotes glassy builds), to f.ex grant immunity against immobilize while under the effect of fury.

Scrapper:Change "Power Wrench" to reduce elite recharge from 3 seconds to 2. Rune of Antitoxin also needs to be looked at as it's currently giving Scrapper alot of it's viability.

Soulbeast:Make "Leader of the Pack" share the stances full duration, which should be set to 5 seconds (a little more than auras). Cooldowns would need to be adjusted accordingly, making rangers a welcome addition as offensive support.

Daredevil:Make "Preparedness" 3 extra initiative baseline. Again this would open for more build variety and would potentially shave off the extra passive damage we see with this traitline being mandatory today.

Tempest:Let "Rock Solid" give 2 stacks of stability for 3 seconds. Given the nature of how an elementalist cleanses conditions of allies with regen, a build with both Arcane and Earth would not be very efficient. Therefore, even with max boon duration we'd be looking at 6 second uptime every 10 with but at the cost of holding Earth Overload or engaging with it, which would definitely bring tempest closer to Firebrand i terms of support.

Chronomancer:Make a different version of "Time Splitter" and move it to the Mirage traitline - they can survive the loss of f4 and you can make the shatters more desert themed. It's imperative in a mode like WvW that you can use your skills with little to no setup, especially true for a profession who lack good weapon options and fill a niche role in bigger groups.

Scourge:Last but not least, allow "Sand Savant" to become baseline as the first minor trait, but don't carry over the recharge reduction. This means we can get another competitive grandmaster trait and promotes more thoughtful placement of shades, both of which would slightly change the oppressiveness of having several scourges in every party while allowing for more trait flexibility on their part.

None of these changes will completely shake the meta, however alot of B-tier alternatives would now become A-tier, and the ones that are already S-tier would be able to experiment more without instantly dropping to C-tier or lower. As for whether or not the meta composition would change, I don't really think so since it seems you developers want certain professions and especs to be good at certain things - but it sure would bring them closer together putting more emphasis on skill and coordination rather than profession-stacking and sheer numbers up to a point.

Necromancer

Feast of Corruption: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.Devouring Darkness: Reduce damage by 20% in PvP & WvW. The existing split from PvP of corrupting 2 boons is brought to WvW. This ability continues to corrupt 3 boons in PvE.Sand Cascade: Reduce the barrier granted by this skill by 33% in WvW & PvP.Sand Flare: Reduced the barrier granted by this skill by 25% in WvW.

Should be giving some nice buffs to PVE while at it. This class is currently garbage in PVE. I don't mean that to insult anyone but I just did every story quest in the game on Necro ( which was a god awful tedious experience due to what felt like some of the lowest damage possible) and then on a Ranger (which was like heaven by comparison). Will be using Necro for farming SW only now. There should never be that big a disparity between two classes where you feel like one was pure trash in its ability to kill stuff. And I wasted plenty of gold messing with the build but nothing made it much better. That there are currently no metas out there for Necro also says quite a bit about it. Most every class has some kind of meta build except Necro. Please buff this for PVE. It's a tedious grind to play it. Things take forever to die.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@fewfield.7802 said:Would your gameplay change as a result?
  • not really
  • the overall dmg may be still too high.

Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?
  • This is a good direction to improve the state of the game. But i think we still need to tune down all the dmg sources such as Manifest Shade, Hammer's Rev, and Meteor. This is just for zerg fight aspect.
  • I personally want the wvw zerg fight to last longer than we have right now. At this state, people have to much power and dmg, so everything ends too fast.

Are you looking forward to these potential changes?
  • Ofc i am. I love to see this kind of info for my beloved game mode but thb this is not the most ideal change yet. Keep doing it! plz.

What are your concerns with this set of changes?
  • My concern is that the overall dmg will be too high compared to the support skill nerfs.

Support skill nerfs? They are almost unmentionable. At least the guard ones.If you refer to engi, necro gets the corrupts gutted as well.If at all, I'd say boonspam is way too much.Removing a lot of it will also result in less dmg.And less survivability.Right now. Guard has way too many boons, that he can generate alone. Or support skills.

I think even if you would make guard only give stability, some protection, some regeneration and aegis, there would still be a guard mandatory in every single group.

What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?
  • I expect that the fight would significantly last longer than before but i also expect you guys do something with Desert Shroud on Scourge. This skill is too good because it gives scourge and allies barrier, does massive dmg, apply condi, and can control a lot of spaces of fights.

Err what?1.Desert shroud doesn't give barrier to allies.2.Scourges dmg is already lower than rev and ele

And fights wouldn't last longer than now. If at all, they are even faster over due to less barrier.

The point I do agree with: less aoe spam pls.

Btw I really appreciate that the devs try to listen to the community. This might not be good yet but as long as we are working together, we will be good.

I really hope. These notes get adjusted due to the communities feedback.And not just go through without adjustments like all the patches before

ps. There are a lot of hard core wvw players out there that dont use the forum but discord. It would be great if you guys try to reach out to them.The truth might be hurt or even come with a little toxicity at first but plz, believe me, those people know a lot about wvw and balance :)

Scourges damage is pretty dam good when you add all the barrier and boon corrupts it does on top of that

yea, only outdated condi scourge does shit dmg. Power scourge dmg is insane and imagine when you stack 20 power scourges....

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/86209/how-to-fix-the-wvw-meta-with-two-changes <- these changes would make much more sense to me.On top of that, if we strive for diversity, I'd do something with Scrapper's 'Purity Of Purpose'. I mean, even if you remove the Antitoxin Rune from the game, and nerf the Purge Gyro, we'll still prefer Scrapper for cleansing over any other spec, since only Scrapper will give your squad all possible boons in no time (converted from enemy conditions of course). Which is kinda OP.There are other specs that can cleanse the same (or even more) amount of condis as the Scrapper does, but why choose them, if we have a cleansing + boon spamming in one spec?I'd suggest a rework on a trait 'Purity Of Purpose'. Like, make the Purge Gyro itself do what this trait suggests, and make the trait 'Cast lesser Purge Gyro if you....' or something. Then we wouldn't have that many boon application on a Scrapper, and other specs with similar condi cleanse would finally become viable.

The fact that they are making changes to scrapper and not holo who is far more of a problem goes to show how absolutely clueless these developers are. In almost 5 yrs holo has by far the most heavily loaded completely broken kit not only is it to full of everything it has almost unavoidable hard cc that it can ALMOST spam lmao. I do get that in wvw blobs holo isnt a power house but in roaming and conquest its absurd. Look at how long scourge and fb have been able to dictate whole blobs for and these are the changes they've brainstormed Haha they can't be serious. Oh we better fix rangers autos cuz when using ONE spec it can make them op but let's not tone down that one spec,let's nerf all rangers spec so core and druid are even lower dps lol. But we'll leave druid gutted and now lower dps. I could go on but what's the point? These changes will barely change anything and the metal's will remain the same stale garbage just as the modes will remain the same lol but hey u guys have a new lS5 common up and u can buy some merch lmao though I guess build templates are a nice addition 7 yrs later cuz that defenitly isn't something that shoulda been added yrs ago lol.

@"greysen.2506" said:Should be giving some nice buffs to PVE while at it. This class is currently garbage in PVE. I don't mean that to insult anyone but I just did every story quest in the game on Necro ( which was a god awful tedious experience due to what felt like some of the lowest damage possible) and then on a Ranger (which was like heaven by comparison). Will be using Necro for farming SW only now. There should never be that big a disparity between two classes where you feel like one was pure trash in its ability to kill stuff. And I wasted plenty of gold messing with the build but nothing made it much better. That there are currently no metas out there for Necro also says quite a bit about it. Most every class has some kind of meta build except Necro. Please buff this for PVE. It's a tedious grind to play it. Things take forever to die.

I don't mean to insult anyone either but posts like this always make me laugh...

In PvE the only thing you need meta for are raids and high end fractals (CMs), that's all. Even for normal fractal, you only need a good build, use foods & utilities, and knowing your class is more than enough, specially if you know the fights mechanics. You speak about "trash damage", well, I do fractals (normal ones, not CMs) on a Power Reaper build and in 75% of the time i ends up top damage even against classes seen as "meta". Why? Because I know my class, build and rotation well enough, I use food & utilities, etc...

Most players look at build bank site such as Metabattle's, Snow Crow's or Discretize's and think "oh! I'm gonna pick that class/build, it's meta so I'm going to be top dog" but end up doing 30% of the build potential when another player on a "lesser" build will bring far more to the party because he's using 80 or 90% of the potential of his build/class.

Also, what most people fail to understand what meta really means. Meta means that certain builds, in a certain group composition, will have the best potential for a certain fight. Try the same fight but with an improper group composition and the fight won't go as well.And then a certain meta build will work well in certain fights and then be quite useless in others. Just look at Snow Crows' site: for each build they give a rating for each boss ad you can see that no build is meta/recommended for all bosses.

If you have trouble going through story as a necro, i honestly think the issue lies somewhere else. I did all my story quests on a necro with the Power Reaper build and it was a constant cheese. Hell.. you might even use the minion master reaper build if you want an even bigger build: that build is so OP for solo play that you can solo most Champs in open world if you know what you are doing.

I don’t think these nerfs would promote ‘new gameplay’ in WvW. The meta will still be FB, Scourge, SB and Herald. If anything, this will just make people want more of the same types of specs to compensate for these nerfs.

Make significant UNIQUE changes for other specs just for WvW if you really wanna see more gameplay. They should’ve divided some of these mechanics to begin with and not put all the powerful boons to FB, all the condi bombs and barrier to scourge.

@"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048" said:

• What are your concerns with this set of changes?
  • What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?

That stuff like this will thrive without being addressed.

This is why I said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:"Requires you to face your target and respects line of sight." <- Targeted teleports need to play by this rule.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:

• Would your gameplay change as a result?
  • Do you feel these changes would improve or worsen the state of the game?
  • Are you looking forward to these potential changes?
  • What are your concerns with this set of changes?
  • What consequences do you expect would come from these changes?

These read like very minor tweaks made to shave a little here and a little there. I do not see them changing how people play WvW.Instead, consider having boon and condition durations cut by 50% on one weekend and see if that makes a difference in how the game is played.