Prediction : 30th Announcement Twitch Viewers

@vyncius.6105 said:

@Rendalmj.3152 said:How many viewers do you think the announcement will have?If i was a betting man i say 65k viewers. For that. Lets spread the word in game so people will come watch.

i think pof had 35k, so i wouldnt expect much moreI would expect much less. PoF was about an expansion, at the time the popularity of the game started recovering after initial HoT problems. This isn't going to be even half that interesting, and is happening when the interest in the game went way down.

@Astralporing.1957 said:

@Rendalmj.3152 said:How many viewers do you think the announcement will have?If i was a betting man i say 65k viewers. For that. Lets spread the word in game so people will come watch.

i think pof had 35k, so i wouldnt expect much moreI would expect much less. PoF was about an expansion, at the time the popularity of the game started recovering after initial HoT problems. This isn't going to be even half that interesting, and is happening when the interest in the game went way down.

I'm curious about this too, will this announcement bring back players just to view the announcement? I got a mail so maybe the word is getting out there?

However, 9AM PST kinda clashes with the work day in both NA and EU (western Europe anyway) and that'll definitely impact on their stream viewers.

@zealex.9410 said:

i think pof had 35k, so i wouldnt expect much more

Pof announcement was around 60k or so viewers with another 20 or 30k on youtube.

GW2 had 27621 viewers on August 1st, 2017 (announcement of Path of Fire) and 11676 on release day (September 22nd, 2017)16368 on September 25th, 2015 (the big Heart of Thorns announcement) and 10191 on release day (October 23rd, 2015)

Just to post the actual numbers because I see so many wrong numbers thrown around.

@zealex.9410 said:

Pof announcement was around 60k or so viewers with another 20 or 30k on youtube.

ive checked some youtube reaction videos to pof announcement. Peak was 48 k on twitch, so u are right it was atleast 60k both on twitch and youtube

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Rendalmj.3152" said:How many viewers do you think the announcement will have?If i was a betting man i say 65k viewers. For that. Lets spread the word in game so people will come watch.

GW2 had 27621 viewers on August 1st, 2017 (announcement of Path of Fire) and 11676 on release day (September 22nd, 2017)16368 on September 25th, 2015 (the big Heart of Thorns announcement) and 10191 on release day (October 23rd, 2015)

Just to post the actual numbers because I see so many wrong numbers thrown around.

You say that, but the pof reveal had a peak of 49k viewers and the directory as a whole quite abit above that.

The directory itself had a peak of 58.882 on August 2017.

https://twitchtracker.com/games/19357

I dont know any youtube statistics site for youtube livestreaming, but i had it open on the side, youtude deff had over 20k with alikely peak of 30k ppl.

Funnily enough thanks to the Erp the directory had a higher peak numbers than the launch of pof.

@zealex.9410 said:

You say that, but the pof reveal had a peak of 49k viewers and the directory as a whole quite abit above that.

Source?

@vyncius.6105 said:

ive checked some youtube reaction videos to pof announcement. Peak was 48 k on twitch, so u are right it was atleast 60k both on twitch and youtube

That was the pof channel itself, partners and other streamers in general were also streaming the event resulting in an aditional 10k or so of viewers for the directory of gw2.

Its part of the reason why im baffled by anet decision to not promote eglish speaking partners as well and give them outfit codes to give away.

Its free extra viewership because some partners have their own following.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

Source?

Did you not read the rest of it?

@Pifil.5193 said:

I'm curious about this too, will this announcement bring back players just to view the announcement? I got a mail so maybe the word is getting out there?

However, 9AM PST kinda clashes with the work day in both NA and EU (western Europe anyway) and that'll definitely impact on their stream viewers.

This. I wouldn't read too much into the numbers since they are doing it live in the middle of a business day and for the younger gamers in the middle of the school day too as well. Total views over time and the weekend might be a better number to speculate on.

When you think of it, EVERYTHING they say in the stream will end up on the forum for the most part within the hour. People will come here and make tons of threads. So if people are interested and don't have the time to watch, perhaps activity in the forum might be a better indicator. Really though, for a season rather than expansion, I think there will be less people showing. Expansions offer more reasons to come back than one quest chain and maybe a map or two. If they will have good maps people might come for that. POF had mounts. That was huge. Season 4 had skyscale. But that was at the very end.