Any chance of GW1 being remade / remastered using the GW2 engine?

Snowmoon.1758

Sincerely hope that's not where Anet will put in their development efforts.Plus, a remade GW1 wouldn't interest me, it's going back to exactly how it looks that brings back nostalgia for me. If it was nice and shiny I'd go mental at not being able to jump, crashing into pixel borders, at times horrible NPC AI, etc. etc.

@Snowmoon.1758 said:wow something about the graphics and the general mechanics of the game turns me off.

Have you been to pre searing ascalon or to charr homelands yet?How can you say the graphycs are bad?They are pretty good actually, even in today's standards .So ok, Jade quary doesn't exactly have that woah factor, nor does kaineng city.But try traveling to eye of the north. Far maguma jungle. Even the very first PS ascalon looks awesome.Just saying...

Going from an newer game to an older game will always seem jarring - though when I tried gw1 a year ago, I found the graphics of gw1 endearing. I think gw1 had better hair and outfit designs, and some zones were aesthetically comparable to gw2 (think pre searing ascalon, or the EOTN grothmar wardowns). The combat and mechanics was a streamlined version of Runescapes failed "evolved combat" rework, so it was kinda easy for me to pick up.

Plus, there is the gw1 warthog. Charming that adorable little critter was almost worth the games price.

If I had any complaint, it would be that hidden devourers are everywhere and respawn every time I leave the zone. That made travelling rather annoying. Oh, and I HATED the long panning cut-scenes of people randomly running about the story (it's especially bad in factions).

I had the same feeling initially when I started playing GW1 (Prophecies specifically). But, I can't say enough once I got out of Ascalon and into the Shiverpeaks my opinion changed pretty quickly. I started getting really into the mechanics of my interrupts, and the timing of abilities, and the difficulty of the game just made it so much more engaging for me.If you're willing to give it another chance, keep playing! Maybe your opinion will change with time. Also being a huge lore buff can help motivate things as well.

@SoulGuardian.6203 said:

@Snowmoon.1758 said:wow something about the graphics and the general mechanics of the game turns me off.

Have you been to pre searing ascalon or to charr homelands yet?How can you say the graphycs are bad?They are pretty good actually, even in today's standards .So ok, Jade quary doesn't exactly have that woah factor, nor does kaineng city.But try traveling to eye of the north. Far maguma jungle. Even the very first PS ascalon looks awesome.Just saying...

Pre-searing is still my favorite land in any game - ever! Beautiful scenery. I used to keep an open character slot on GW just to replay pre-searing occasionally.

As for the OP, I doubt they would spend the money to upgrade GW. Honestly I am surprised the server is even still up. I paid for that game how many years ago - and it is still up & free?!

I just wish we could hire heroes in GW2. :)

@"Westenev.5289" said:Going from an newer game to an older game will always seem jarring - though when I tried gw1 a year ago, I found the graphics of gw1 endearing. I think gw1 had better hair and outfit designs, and some zones were aesthetically comparable to gw2 (think pre searing ascalon, or the EOTN grothmar wardowns). The combat and mechanics was a streamlined version of Runescapes failed "evolved combat" rework, so it was kinda easy for me to pick up.

Plus, there is the gw1 warthog. Charming that adorable little critter was almost worth the games price.

If I had any complaint, it would be that hidden devourers are everywhere and respawn every time I leave the zone. That made travelling rather annoying. Oh, and I HATED the long panning cut-scenes of people randomly running about the story (it's especially bad in factions).

They were nothing. You forgot the Oni.