Official Feedback Thread about Build and Equipment Templates

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:

For me, the most interfering part so far has been that situational changes to skills that I make persist between maps/play sessions and do not reset back to what the "template" was set to.Since you haven't mentioned that in your list, it makes me wary that that functionality can not be supported fundamentally because it would require an extra "template slot" to act as a "current template slot" into which actual persistent templates would be copied.

So if you read between the lines nothing will change, it will still be way overpriced and we have to wait god knows for how long to get a feature you removed (the autoswitch on game mode change), great.Well, at least we had an answer after weeks of silence, that's the positive part.

@Lishtenbird.2814 said:

@"Rubi Bayer.8493" said:Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:

For me, the most interfering part so far has been that situational changes to skills that I make persist between maps/play sessions and do not reset back to what the "template" was set to.Since you haven't mentioned that in your list, it makes me wary that that functionality can not be supported fundamentally because it would require an extra "template slot" to act as a "current template slot" into which actual persistent templates would be copied.

This function is already a part of Build Templates:Save the Template to your Build Storage. Left click on it and select and select 'Yes', and it will overview (or reset as you say) the current Build Template, back to whatever you saved it as. That way any situation changes made on the fly to your Build Template can be reset to your last save with two mouse clicks.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:Hi, everyone,

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:• Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.• Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.• Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.Thank you!

@Rubi Bayer.8493Thank you for responding.

I would love to know if with legendary gear you're taking into consideration swapping weapons from your inventory on the fly to adapt to a fight, which on linked weapons resets all the upgrades and stats.

I think a lot of legendary equipment issues would be solved by you letting us export equipment templates so we can save it in a text file, just like build templates. When we import the template just throw an error or something if any piece of gear is missing or just load what is on the character. It would make experimenting with gear so much more enjoyable. At this point the only option we have is to write everything down and then click on every single piece and customize it again. Since there is no in-game equipment template storage.Just saving it would make swapping all gear not just legendary between characters much easier. You just take gear off move it to another character, load up the templates into the equipment templates and done.

It'd also be nice to know if the fixes for bugs like with revenant, signets, and other things are getting addressed together with that or is that a higher priority and will come sooner?

Thank you for all the constructive feedback you’ve provided about templates. We’ve spent a lot of time reading and discussing your thoughts, and we’ve identified a few updates we feel confident we can start working on.

Here are the pieces of feedback we’re currently working on addressing:• Automatically switching build and equipment templates when a character enters or exits PvP and WvW. We’ll need to make updates to this functionality to further integrate templates with PvP.• Ease of swapping legendary equipment between characters.• Greater flexibility when making experimental changes to templates.Because we have limited time to program, test, and implement these changes before the winter holidays, we’ll be able to give you a progress update early in the new year.

We’ll keep reading your feedback, so please continue to share your thoughts as you play with templates.Thank you!

Thanks for the update and listening. Hopefully everything will be sorted out and I hope you will reconsider the price for templates and either take it 50% off or remove it completely, and refund those who bought them, that would be fair, because QoL updates should not be monetizied, they are updates to make the game fun and accessible for everyone despite any circumstance.

I am fine with the templates and I like the implementation and I knew there would be some work to be done, as Arenanet made us aware before the release, but I am not fine with monetization of templates.

@"Lascax.2163" said:"Hey, we heard you back!Thank you for waiting 3 weeks, it'll be worth it!So, we are going to tell you we'll finish implementing the Build Templates next year.See ya next time!"

what did you expect? that santa Claus would come and magically fix everything. I know Christmas are coming, but some things aren't possible to be fixed within few days.

Also Rubi made it clear it's a process, and should be very carefully executed.

It's going to be a little bit more than month, so saying "next year" is misleading.

@"Arden.7480" said:

what did you expect? that santa Claus would come and magically fix everything. I know Christmas are coming, but some things aren't possible to be fixed within few days.

Also Rubi made it clear it's a process, and should be very carefully executed.

It's going to be a little bit more than month, so saying "next year" is misleading.

Well, I know it may sound preposterous in this time and age in this industry , but when you release a triple-monetized feature one would expect to not have something breaking entire classes ( revenant still not addressed ) and functional ( no auto-swap in gamemodes ).

@misterman.1530 said:I still think Legendary and Ascended equipment, including trinkets, should be in shared equipment storage - that way we can equip multiple characters with the same item(s).

I actually disagree.This kind of implementation wouldn't be good for longevity of the game.The only thing this game has progression wise apart from fashion wars is gearing your alts.So either you have some inconvenience and swap gear or work on gearing you your alts with ascended gear, which honestly isn't hard to get.Having account storage would just make even ascended drops worthless.

@Rubi Bayer.8493 said:[...]

Thank you for letting us know. :+1: Very much appreciated.

@"Aaralyna.3104" said:Will the bugs coming from templates also be adressed? Like the revenant bugs mentioned in the thread?

I assume, since this is the only true bug (as in "completely unintended"), they will fix this one before everything else.

@skoda.4619 said:

@misterman.1530 said:I still think Legendary and Ascended equipment, including trinkets, should be in shared equipment storage - that way we can equip multiple characters with the same item(s).

I actually disagree.This kind of implementation wouldn't be good for longevity of the game.The only thing this game has progression wise apart from fashion wars is gearing your alts.So either you have some inconvenience and swap gear or work on gearing you your alts with ascended gear, which honestly isn't hard to get.Having account storage would just make even ascended drops worthless.I don't think so. It's only if you want to play
all
your characters the same; i.e. same stats and same sigils/runes.In my experience players work on a variety of sets with different stats/combinations, not multiple sets of the same.Ascended drops will always have significant value, even if it's just to deconstruct them for valuable components for other equipment making.

well guys its official and I called it.

Nothing is getting done because to much has to be programmed. the response that was given was we see these things need to be changed but we don't have any time to do it but we will keep you updated and one day it may get done. oh and no we are not changing the Gem structure because even though it doesn't work right we still need the revenue

here is my feedback

Please rollback and remove the build templates until they can be implemented properly. since you can't fix them in any reasonable time and we are looking at after the new year for an update please just give us back what we had.

@Lishtenbird.2814 said:

@"Reverielle.3972" said:Well if mouse clicks are too much of a hassle... there are some questions you may need to ask yourself.

That is in no way relevant. There is an important factor: Frequency of Use. Sure it would apply if it was about inventory management, but not build template changing. And if you are changing your templates around that much that you think it is relevant, you're micromanaging far beyond what is required, beyond the design of the game. That is not something development needs to address, that is something the individual does.

Y'all have made great releases in the past and I've congratulated the company so many times. I have recommended this game to friends and family so many times but this has to be acknowledged:

The way you are handling this issue is abysmal, ArenaNet, honestly.

As a loyal costumer of the game for 7 years now I feel honestly offended that all of this great feedback isn't properly responded to.

Honestly, I feel like you do not deserve the community you have gathered around this game. This is the only lingering feeling that wraps my head when i think about the way you have implemented the build templates.

I am honestly Sorry that all of this is happening and sorry that it affected me to the point i had to come here and vent. It is hard to watch so much disrespect to people who are passionate about a product.

Shame on you.

@Sorem.9157 said:Y'all have made great releases in the past and I've congratulated the company so many times. I have recommended this game to friends and family so many times but this has to be acknowledged:

The way you are handling this issue is abysmal, ArenaNet, honestly.

As a loyal costumer of the game for 7 years now I feel honestly offended that all of this great feedback isn't properly responded to.

Honestly, I feel like you do not deserve the community you have gathered around this game. This is the only lingering feeling that wraps my head when i think about the way you have implemented the build templates.

I am honestly Sorry that all of this is happening and sorry that it affected me to the point i had to come here and vent. It is hard to watch so much disrespect to people who are passionate about a product.

Shame on you.

True, 95% of it seems to have been ignored with the sample of what they are working on. And the cost was one of the major ones that wasn't addressed at all in that answer. Most likely due to it isn't a decision made at the dev level.

@Rubi Bayer.8493

Arcdps build templates need to be reinstated until it's fixed then, that is far too long of a time and will only alienate your player base further, especially if there is still a question if it can be properly fixed then we should get back what we had already. No reason to let this entire portion of your player base wait around when a solution already exists.

And if/when this is fixed please look back at the comments about player longevity, long term players characters should be given additional templates per year as recognition for loyalty like with the birthday gifts.

Really, you should not have had arcdps removed until your template system was as good as, or superior, to what we had. Would go a long way to mending this situation if anet would not make us wait till next year to have a solution since arcdps would resolve all these issues right now, and your team would have time to properly fix this without punishing those of us who utilized it so much during the waiting process.