Returning player, sadly, the current state of the game just makes to go away again.

Aigaion.7981

to be fair wvw is not a starting zone. its the end game but is accessible to all for little requirements.

you dont become op if you dont use the lamer builds. all pk games are like that.

its not the builds you fancy that makes it work but the counter to the enemy you face.

and you cant win all the time unless you learn the game.

less whining :< and spend time learning the game mechanics.

the only ppl who dominate here are those who synergize.

@"God.2708" said:I got you. Have a nice little revenant damage calculator I made in google sheets.[...]

So get an ascended weapon and trinkets and you have barely a noticeable difference.

Ah I never played revenant and don't know much about him. i thought of those soulbeast builds people complain about I think, those where they use longbow rapid fre augmented with that attack speed increase skill. I believe that would end up with more than the 6.9% of your calculation but its just speculation.

Regardless, its almost 7% increase in your example so its still more than the 5% that some people may think of when hearing that "5% better stats". Didn't aim to point out more than that fact ^^ Thanks for the numbers though, a revenant user will probably be able to read more into that than me.

@Shikigami.4013 said:

@"God.2708" said:I got you. Have a nice little revenant damage calculator I made in google sheets.[...]

So get an ascended weapon and trinkets and you have barely a noticeable difference.

Ah I never played revenant and don't know much about him. i thought of those soulbeast builds people complain about I think, those where they use longbow rapid fre augmented with that attack speed increase skill. I believe that would end up with more than the 6.9% of your calculation but its just speculation.

Regardless, its almost 7% increase in your example so its still more than the 5% that some people may think of when hearing that "5% better stats". Didn't aim to point out more than that fact ^^ Thanks for the numbers though, a revenant user will probably be able to read more into that than me.

It's universal, since it's multiplicative the order doesn't matter. Any skill on any class will get the exact same number. 5.25% increase from weapon, 1.7% increase from armor, and it's like a 3.6% increase from trinkets, for a total of 10% damage increase for full ascended vs full exotic.

@Sovereign.1093 said:to be fair wvw is not a starting zone. its the end game but is accessible to all for little requirements.

you dont become op if you dont use the lamer builds. all pk games are like that.

its not the builds you fancy that makes it work but the counter to the enemy you face.

It's unfortunate because not many are willing to learn or step outside of their comfort zone (not aimed at anyone in particular, just players in general).

To the OP:

Something that might help you understand why we are where we are is that your original post was in the ‘Guild Wars 2 Discussion’ section.

I can only speculate that it was moved because you shouldn’t upset the PvE population.. ?

That and there are more and more people who don’t feel that WvW is a part of Guild Wars 2....

not sure why no one is telling you this, but its the power creep. some skills have ridiculously high power coefficients, I mean pve high. add that onto easy 25 might and multiple damage modifier traits/ rune/ sigil and you have current gw2. this game is pretty much a meme at this point. I would avoid roaming altogether and either do wvw zerging or pvp. its at least somewhat better in pvp altho there are still some memelords scurrying around. if you can build up some skill small team roaming in wvw might be your thing.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:to be fair wvw is not a starting zone. its the end game but is accessible to all for little requirements.

It's unfortunate because not many are willing to learn or step outside of their comfort zone (not aimed at anyone in particular, just players in general).

it is unfortunate. all games got a learning curve and gw2 is one of those that teaches us thru the stories

@"Aigaion.7981" said:Hi everyone.So... This post is gonna be weird. It's venting, but I'm gonna try to be as constructive as I can.I am a Guild Wars 2 day one player. I've been through beta and player a little over a year before leaving for IRL issues. A little less than a month ago, I decided to come back for a look at the game... Boy was that a ride... I'm not gonna smacktalk or anything, but the current state of the game makes me just want to jump back out as quick as I jumped back in.

World versus World is insufferable, pretty sad when the main aspect that makes you want to play seems to be the worst. I don't do PvE in Guild Wars 2 so I'm pretty much exclusively here for WvW. How much classes are there already in the game ? 9 if I'm correct adding the Revenant ? All I see all day long in WvW are the same classes and specs, Firebrands, Dragonhunters, Mirages, Scourges, Soulbests. Only ridiculously OP classes that just require to slam the face on the keyboard to win a fight like who cares.

Ascended gear is ridiculous. Back in the days of Exotic only, you had a chance against other people. Now, if you are not full Ascended, you're just gonna be a ridiculous dummy that gets stomped by literally everything without a single chance to win. And this is supposed to motivate players to gear up ? Does ANET really expect people to tank through the WvW BS and hope for the best that everything will change once they grinded several month to gear completely ?

Don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing the fact that gearing is long, I am criticizing the fact that I really don't feel any interest in doing it in a game that is all about playing the latest meta class that rolls over everyone's face with zero pressure. If at least Ascended didn't give people such a huge power spike and if I had a chance just by skill to win fight, I'd take the chance, but right now I'm not even remotely going through the grind to get full Ascended and hope that things will go better since my class in not a meta one.

Some classes and speccs overperform, yes.

Is ascended gear the problem?Not rly.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/31wbip/ascended_vs_exotic_gear_comparison_spreedsheet/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=&utm_content=post_body

This thread made a good comparison.Its not gear that kills you, its powercreep that does. And the fact that you took such a long break and expect dmg to be as low as in 2012 or 2013.

Id recommend sticking to zerging with good public commanders and voicechat, soloroaming is basically dead, its gotten that frustrating.

@Aigaion.7981 said:Excuse me, but it's hard for me to believe that getting downed in two hits by every other class is just a matter of experience and being uninformed. I also believe that it is not a coincidence that you cross the path of the same specs all day long.

And as long as you keep making excuses like these it's gonna keep happening.

The game has tremendously changed from core, and generally speaking, from the perspective of someone who signed up for core game, for the worse. That said, OP doesn't have the experience to specifically call out why, even if their commentary on elite specs is somewhat accurate.

More worthwhile from this perspective is complaining about ascended food to be honest. The difference in power from the entire set of armor/weapons is less than the food, which is pathetic considering the game pretty much forces you to go on a long-winded PvE map-completion quest to jump from ~450 to 500 chef, and the cost of ascended gear is astronomically higher.

@God.2708 said:

@God.2708 said:I got you. Have a nice little revenant damage calculator I made in google sheets.[...]

It's universal, since it's multiplicative the order doesn't matter. Any skill on any class will get the exact same number. 5.25% increase from weapon, 1.7% increase from armor, and it's like a 3.6% increase from trinkets, for a total of 10% damage increase for full ascended vs full exotic.

I was still talking about using skills and traits in connection with the mere stats increases though, in my first AND in my second post.Example: If a skill increases the attackspeed of someone doing 100 damage per second by factor 2, you get 200 damage per second. If you increase the attackspeed of someone doing 107 damage per second by factor 2, you get 214 damage per second. It is still nominally an increase of "7 %" but the amount of extra damage the 107 dps person does now is 14 and no longer 7 more damage per second. Not all classes have the same skills, so the effect on different classes is different, some will be able to do more extra damage than others, regardless of the initial percentage being the same for everyone.