Upcoming PvP Balance Complaints

Crab Fear.1624

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crab Fear.1624 said:FB's offensive kit has too many condis, ccs, and sustain.

Weavers dodge too much, takes too much to take them down.

Thief still does too much damage for a sidekick.

Necromancers are cheating when they use rune of speed.

Well. This clearly is a non issue. As everyone has Access to that rune.

Also why is it cheating, when every other class still has more mobility?

Mirage still has too much evade or invuln.

Renegade is too .....too.....too late

@Nimon.7840 said:Also why is it cheating, when every other class still has more mobility?

Because you're supposed to sit there and let me take potshots at you while I teleport/blink/run/leap all over the map at my leisure, and anything that even challenges my power role is wrong

because HP bar, you have two of them and the second one fills up by people dying, which clearly is fair in spvp where at most four people can die at any time.Also we're going to focus you in team matches so you can never build lf but yeah.

wrong

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@Nimon.7840 said:Also why is it cheating, when every other class still has more mobility?

Because you're supposed to sit there and let me take potshots at you while I teleport/blink/run/leap all over the map at my leisure, and anything that even challenges my power role is
wrong

because HP bar, you have two of them and the second one fills up by people dying, which clearly is fair in spvp where at most four people can die at any time.Also we're going to focus you in team matches so you can never build lf but yeah.

wrong

Made my day

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Mirage still has too much evade or invuln.

But If we include blocks and other direct damage mitigation/denial skills, along with endurance regen (and ini regen for thief) and passive traits; Mirage has less than every medium armor class, less than ele, and less survivability than war. In any case that isn’t direct access to on demand cooldowns; then it’s loses out on access over time.

Some you call out here, but there would have to be massive reductions to everything else before Mirage would “have to much”. You could remove thief’s flat endurance regen, then delete ranger swords and dagger, and they’d still have more than Mirage.

What would you honestly get rid of at this point? Reduce distortion so each clone gave half a second of invulnerability?

@Daishi.6027 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Mirage still has too much evade or invuln.

But If we include blocks and other direct damage mitigation/denial skills, along with endurance regen (and ini regen for thief) and passive traits; Mirage has less than every medium armor class, less than ele, and less survivability than war. In any case that isn’t direct access to on demand cooldowns; then it’s loses out on access over time.

Some you call out here, but there would have to be
massive
reductions to everything else before Mirage would “have to much”. You could remove thief’s flat endurance regen, then delete ranger swords and dagger, and they’d still have more than Mirage.

What would you honestly get rid of at this point? Reduce distortion so each clone gave half a second of invulnerability?

those are people that see mirage 3clone disort, but they keep throwing abilities at them while internally screaming PERMA INVULN.

'I'd rather someone tell the their honest opinion than sugar-coat their words to make me happy'

+1

Thank You!

Lmao thief does to much damage for a sidekick?u do kno rogues are high burst glass archetypes right? Yea lower the glass rogue's dps more so it's even weaker at 1v1 resulting in forcing players to use even more cheese tactics to be somewhat successful creating even more salt towards the thief class. Does a class like thief scream side kick or more solo type?Lastly if burny is agreeing with u than ur definitely miss representing the thief class lol

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Huh? Is there a list of upcoming changes?

Basically, Grimjack Weaver meta is going to occur middle of this season when next patch is dropped. If you see that kid on a node, don't 1v1 him, just walk away. Weaver is going to be obtusely dominant at sode node play, very very soon.

I called this a month ago but as soon as I'd mention ele being strong right now everyone reply's like ele is in the same position the were last yr. Like ur crazy for thinking aspects of ele/weaver need toned down and certainly will when other classes inevitably do

1. Maybe, slight nerf might be good
  2. Nerf fireweaver damage, dont touch other weaver/ele in general builds. Takes much to kill him? Yes, but also you arent dying, are you? Its either full sustain (Mender) or full damage (FA), fireweaver is the only build that has kinda both
  3. Nerf condi teef and staff teef, dont touch the others, l2p against them.
  4. Maybe, idk consider nerfing rune
  5. Maybe, imo its fine
  6. Just meh

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Scoobaniec.9561 said:Huh? Is there a list of upcoming changes?

Basically, Grimjack Weaver meta is going to occur middle of this season when next patch is dropped. If you see that kid on a node, don't 1v1 him, just walk away. Weaver is going to be obtusely dominant at sode node play, very very soon.

I called this a month ago but as soon as I'd mention ele being strong right now everyone reply's like ele is in the same position the were last yr. Like ur crazy for thinking aspects of ele/weaver need toned down and certainly will when other classes inevitably do

While fire weaver already is a solid pick, I doubt it will become (much more) oppressive. It has already been strong against holos and warriors. Its main counters are still going to be FBs in team fights and cleanse heavy builds on sides - like water weavers, for example.

Still I agree that it should be toned down, because it definitely might slip into the meta. Either change the glyph or (and?) change the fire aura mechanic to reduced cleanses or increase CD in transmute fire aura. I would love to hear more suggestions though! :smile:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Necromancers are cheating when they use rune of speed.

Make it so chill and cripple go back to effecting movement skills so players cant dash and leap at you endlessly while under those conditions practically ignoring them and i will happily give up my rune of speed.Cut out a massve portion of necro's conditional defense playstyle over time while not compensating their mobility or defensive utility.

Necromancers would much rather use other runes. Speed rune is used for a very specific niche reason and there is also a reason why you dont see very many other professions using it very once in a while a melee focused soul beast might use it but outside of that its mostly necormancers... i wonder why.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Mirage still has too much evade or invuln.

massive
reductions to everything else before Mirage would “have to much”. You could remove thief’s flat endurance regen, then delete ranger swords and dagger, and they’d still have more than Mirage.

those are people that see mirage 3clone disort, but they keep throwing abilities at them while internally screaming PERMA INVULN.

Hah, yeah, I mean..... can you imagine? Describing a 3 second immunity on a long cooldown and requiring long casts/setup as "permanent" or "spammable", when in reality it has only 5% up-time.

Seriously, that's almost as crazy as a mesmer-main describing FB projectile-reflects as spammable.

Nobody would be as silly as that. ;)

"those are people that see ToC dome, but they keep throwing abilities at them while internally screaming PERMA REFLECT"

@Widmo.3186 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:FB's offensive kit has too many condis, ccs, and sustain.

1. Nerf fireweaver damage, dont touch other weaver/ele in general builds. Takes much to kill him? Yes, but also you arent dying, are you? Its either full sustain (Mender) or full damage (FA), fireweaver is the only build that has kinda both

Lots of classes have both damage and sustain, Why can't ele have both? rather than being the only class which can have either decent damage and no sustain or no damage and loads of sustain.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:FB's offensive kit has too many condis, ccs, and sustain.

1. Nerf fireweaver damage, dont touch other weaver/ele in general builds. Takes much to kill him? Yes, but also you arent dying, are you? Its either full sustain (Mender) or full damage (FA), fireweaver is the only build that has kinda both

Lots of classes have both damage and sustain, Why can't ele have both? rather than being the only class which can have either decent damage and no sustain or no damage and loads of sustain.

No professions shouldn't have both either. I sympathize with Elementalist Profession

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Necromancers are cheating when they use rune of speed.

Make it so chill and cripple go back to effecting movement skills so players cant dash and leap at you endlessly while under those conditions practically ignoring them and i will happily give up my rune of speed.Cut out a massve portion of necro's conditional defense playstyle over time while not compensating their mobility or defensive utility.

Necromancers would much rather use other runes. Speed rune is used for a very specific niche reason and there is also a reason why you dont see very many other professions using it very once in a while a melee focused soul beast might use it but outside of that its mostly necormancers... i wonder why.

This^ if necros mobility is to remain what it is in comparison to other classes mobility potential than this would be a great way to close the gap in a way that would not only fit theme but not feel cheap as long as of course chill skills had cd's etc to match its effectiveness.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

Yeah others do have both at same time but how much of each at same time matters

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Mirage still has too much evade or invuln.Prove it to me please, before bumping sentences like that. With class comparison, temporisation uptime, vigor uptime, endurance regeneration, evade on weapon.This forum really need people stopping saying shit with no more explaination than "personnal feelings".

@Ragnar.4257 said:

massive

Hah, yeah, I mean..... can you imagine? Describing a 3 second immunity on a long cooldown and requiring long casts/setup as "permanent" or "spammable", when in reality it has only 5% up-time.

Seriously, that's almost as crazy as a mesmer-main describing FB projectile-reflects as spammable.

"those are people that see ToC dome, but they keep throwing abilities at them while internally screaming PERMA REFLECT"

massive

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chapter_3:_Valiant_Bulwark

5s duration, 8s cooldown

and shield has 4s uptime on 24s cd.

seems spammable to me.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

massive

massive

5s duration, 8s cooldown

seems spammable to me.

....... Tied to ToC on 75s CD. Nobody sits in ToC doing nothing, so its effectively 75s CD. If they do, then that's a win for you.

Shield isn't a reflect.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

massive

massive

5s duration, 8s cooldown

seems spammable to me.

....... Tied to ToC on 75s CD. Nobody sits in ToC doing nothing, so its effectively 75s CD.

Shield isn't a reflect.

mb you should sit on ToC when against cmirage, making him 5/8 useless seems preety good to me, then again you have other broken shit on firabrand so making someone almost compleatly useless is not worth your time i guess.