Whisper in the Dark

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@shejesa.3712 said:

@Ghos.1326@Astral Projections.7320I have a really strange feeling you are missing something... Have you ever thought that you could have stuff ready EARLIER than a day before? For example a week. So even if something unexpected happens you have a whole week to fix it.It's not highschool, you won't weasel through when you're preparing that presentation a day before.

Do you code? Because this is not how it always works. I guarantee they have had working code for weeks and thought it was good to go. Then it comes to deployment and an issue comes up. Going from in-house staging servers to large scale production servers is always a little bit of a leap. They probably had a red flag go up during one of the deployment stages and halted the 'countdown'. It happens.

Give your staff the time and tension-free atmosphere to work on a good solution. If it takes another day, fine. If it takes another week, fine as well. Whatever keeps you from releasing the patch appears to be a serious matter. This should be investigated and solved with a clear mind, without stress and external pressure. Stress is a great source of errors and mistakes.

So I would like to ask you, to postpone the release to tomorrow. Your staff should be able to communicate the true nature of the problem until then. If the issue turns out to be more serious than expected, extend the delay to a week. We are not in a hurry.

It takes as long as it takes.

@tazzannl.5016 said:

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Aaaand back! With my post dishwashing Nutella coffee!

Feel free to whisper "Jormag" and release the 'minions of ice' ;)

they're still building snowmen atm :P

Do you wanna build a snowman?Come on, let's go and play!Is this release happening anymore?, push it out the door,It's like, it's gone away....We used to get them on time, and now we don'tI wish you would tell me whyDo you wanna build a snowman?It doesn't have to be of Icebrood.

I couldn't resist.

Edit: Also, if there is a delay, all I ask is post a gemstore update.

@KazukoHimura.2314 said:

@"Ryukai.6524" said:Aaaand back! With my post dishwashing Nutella coffee!

Feel free to whisper "Jormag" and release the 'minions of ice' ;)

they're still building snowmen atm :P

Do you wanna build a snowman?Come on, let's go and play!Is this release happening anymore?, push it out the door,It's like, it's gone away....We used to get them on time, and now we don'tI wish you would tell me whyDo you wanna build a snowman?It doesn't have to be of Icebrood.

I couldn't resist.

that actually cheered me up a little xD

@"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:Give your staff the time and tension-free atmosphere to work on a good solution. If it takes another day, fine. If it takes another week, fine as well. Whatever keeps you from releasing the patch appears to be a serious matter. This should be investigated and solved with a clear mind, without stress and external pressure. Stress is a great source of errors and mistakes.

So I would like to ask you, to postpone the release to tomorrow. Your staff should be able to communicate the true nature of the problem until then. If the issue turns out to be more serious than expected, extend the delay to a week. We are not in a hurry.

It takes as long as it takes.

Who's "We" ? I'm not part of this "We". Also... postpone it for tommorow ? You know it's 12:30 AM there ?